Veggie burgers?

Options
BrandiL83
BrandiL83 Posts: 100 Member
I have never had a veggie burger before. Any good? Preferences on what brand?

Replies

• lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I love Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime! They are my favorite. Quorn makes some good ones too...classic and cheeseburger varieties.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I love Boca Vegan Grillers and Dr. Praeger's California veggie, but there are also delicious recipes you can try at home!

The biggest thing to note is not to expect the burger to taste "like" meat - if you go into it expecting a beef substitute, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Enjoy the veggie burger as its own entity and I think you'll be pleased!
  • Italian_mom
    Italian_mom Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I love Boca Vegan Grillers and Dr. Praeger's California veggie, but there are also delicious recipes you can try at home!

The biggest thing to note is not to expect the burger to taste "like" meat - if you go into it expecting a beef substitute, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Enjoy the veggie burger as its own entity and I think you'll be pleased!

Agree with those suggestions, and the advice.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I make my own. There is way too much sodium in the premade ones. Also, they are overpriced at $3-$4 per box.
  • refinnej44
    Options
    veggie burgers are good, I buy the morning star brand griller prime burger.. Let me know how you like them.. :smile:
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I made black bean burgers a couple weeks ago and honestly, I couldn't even finish one.. I guess I am just a meat type of girl but I really thought I was going to like it.. In all fairness though I changed and omitted a couple ingredients since I didnt have some things on hand so that may be why I didn't like it.. Turkey burgers on the other hand are awesome!
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    A great alternative to a meat patty on a burger is a large flat mushroom, cooked on a grill.
    I make felafels as patties rather then the round ball shape and freeze them to use on a burger with fat free mayo and salad. yummy. :)
    Heaps of felafel recipes if you google it but make sure you bake or dry fry them.
    Here is OZ we can but packets of felafel mix that you just need to add water, let it thicken/ set then shape and cook. :)
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    they are so easy to make at home from beans and whatever veggies you have kicking around , and they are so so SO much better tasting than the boxed ones!
  • mrscapamerica
    Options
    I like the black bean burgers. Morningstar ones are good, but too processed for me.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would say I like a vegatable burger - But we really like the Boca All American Flame Grilled burgers. STill gives me that BBQ flavor but no meat. Hubby likes them - next up is a black bean burger. I love beans so want to try that version...
  • LadyL2268
    LadyL2268 Posts: 2
    Options
    My husband and I were just talking about veggie burgers lastnight. I told him that I had not ever tried one after seeing a commercial. He suggested that I should try one and see how I like it. He loves them.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Try the Boca Meatless Spicy Chicken
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I like the Boca burgers! Full of protein too
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    morningstar grillers original. they are completely awesome. i have one for lunch a couple times a week.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I make my own. There is way too much sodium in the premade ones. Also, they are overpriced at $3-$4 per box.

how do you make them? Mind sharing your recipe?
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I like all sorts of veggie burgers. My favorite 'hamburger' type is the Gardein ultimate burger. But, I love patties made from potatoes, rice, beans,veggies, mushrooms--you name it. These have there own unique taste and don't seek to imitate meat in any way. Mostly, I make these from scratch.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Morning Star! :D
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've tried different ones and I like the Bocca All American Flame Grilled.