Veggie burgers?

Options

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i lovelovelovelove the morning star black bean burgers. SO DELICIOUS. theyre the only ones i'll eat now that i'm back on the meat. lol
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    I love Morning Star Chipolte Black Bean Burger and their Chik'n Patties. The black bean ones don't taste like beef but are so delicious! And the chik'n ones taste just like the real thing, to me at least.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I love everything from Quorn. Its a change of texture from Veg and Carbs. They're so much lower in fat too.

Quorn is the bomb! I seriously eat it every day! Nom!!!!
  • wreath7
    wreath7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i actually like morningstar too but i'd love to make them from scratch. anyone sharing any recipes would be appreciated.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    We had veggie burgers tonight (got it from my food diary) and ya talking about GOOD--the yum! We had sauteed brocollini, cauliflower and fresh corn on the cob (instead of french fries or other type of yummy but fattening sides) soooooo good. These Amy 1/4 pound veggie burgers are the BOMB!

Here's what we had:

Amy's - Quarter Pound Veggie Burger, 1 burger
    Rudi's Organic Bakery - Multigrain Sandwich Flatz,

Vegenaise - Vegan Mayonnaise ,
    Annie's Naturals - Organic Dijon Mustard
    Clearly Organic - Ketchup, 0.25 TBSP
    Compliments - Organic Romaine Hearts Lettuce, 2.0 leaves
    Fresh - Purple Onion Slice, 2 slice
    Almond - Pepperjack Vegan Cheese
    Organic Vine Ripened - Tomato Slice, Thin/Small 2 slice, thin/small
    Trader Joe's - Corn on the Cob,
    Generic - Brocollini,
    Cauliflower - Cooked Without Salt,

Dasani - Bottled Water, 20 fl oz
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I get mine from M&M Meat Shops. It sounds bad to get them from a meat place but they are DELICIOUS. :)
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Quorn vegan burgers are soy-free, meat free and dairy free and reallllllllllly good. Like, really good. Love them with some bbq sauce :)
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    and...Morningstar has a lot of processed soy, which shouldn't be eaten every day, just fyi
  • icandoanything2
    icandoanything2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i just recently turned vegetarian and prefer to make my own.

here are some that may be helpful. i made the black bean burger for fourth of july and they came out great. Play around with ingredients to your liking!
    http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/veggie-burgers-10-recipes-countless-benefits/
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    morningstar farms are good - but watch the sodium on any of that stuff!
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love veggie burgers! My all time favorite is Morning Star black bean burger 1/4 lb. I eat it on a sandwich thin with tomatoe and onion...and a bit of ketchup! I haven't eaten meat in 7 months...don't even miss it!
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I get Boca Original Veggie Burgers at Sam's. My husband grills them quick on the grill and I freeze them. When I want one, just get it out of the freezer and warm for a few seconds- careful they can get hard. I put them on thinwich bread w/piece of cheese, spicy mustard. catsup and a slice of tomatoe. YUM!:flowerforyou:
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    I love veggie burgers, I recently tried a black bean veggie burger and it was so tasty. A good way to get your protein in if you are a strict vegetarian. :)
  • wiezinthejuice
    wiezinthejuice Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    morning star spicy black bean burger! it kind of tastes like you are eating a burrito.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If you like a really basic, tastes-like-meat veggie burger, I recommend Boca Original Vegan. It's so good, and low-cal but high-protein.
  • laulyn
    laulyn Posts: 70
    Options
    I like the black bean burgers. Morningstar ones are good, but too processed for me.

Black bean is my fav too. I typically only get the premade ones to take to a cook out. I also have used a portabella mushroom as a patty. It works really well. Be sure to clean out the gills though. Also, keep a close eye on it, I had mine stolen at a cook out because it had cheese on it and the culprit picked it because it was the most perfectly round patty he had ever seen! lol
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    If you into a more "veggie" veggie burger, Trader Joe's Masala veggie burgers are so delicious and exotic!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I love the black bean burgers--also from Morningstar...
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I have never had a veggie burger before. Any good? Preferences on what brand?

Good choice! There are some really tasty ones out there...I am in a tiny town and I can't get them anymore....but it's a great way to blot out a lot of calories, and cut down on meat. Also, look out for the veggie dogs too.
  • VeganDoc
    VeganDoc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite vegan burgers are Tandoor Chef's Vegetable Masala Burgers. Absolutely delicious, although they taste more like Indian somosas than actual burgers. My next fave is Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers; again, they don't really taste like a meat burger, but they are yummy. Amy's also makes a number of good vegan burgers if you are looking for something that has a "meatier" texture.