I Took a Wrong Turn and I Just Kept Going (With Pic)

Options

Replies

• schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Your entry made me tear up a little! I am so glad that Danny was there to help you in the right direction. It sounds like he did more for you than give you the motivation to get a new body. I'm glad to hear that you've found your way out of the house and into the gym.
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You look great.
    I think you'll totally kick *kitten* at a marathon!
  • danzan15
    danzan15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was at a point in my life where, certain outside influences were starting to take there toll on my health, when i asked Neil to join me in the gym i was sceptical when he said yes as id heard it all before. But sometimes fate throws people together and as much as Neil said i helped him i needed Neil aswell. Ive lost 41lbs so far myself but if it were not for neils continued hard work and dedication i may have given up myself. I may have opened the first door for Neil but he has kicked open the rest and charged on through.Keep it up mate and ill keep shouting at you.
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I was at a point in my life where, certain outside influences were starting to take there toll on my health, when i asked Neil to join me in the gym i was sceptical when he said yes as id heard it all before. But sometimes fate throws people together and as much as Neil said i helped him i needed Neil aswell. Ive lost 41lbs so far myself but if it were not for neils continued hard work and dedication i may have given up myself. I may have opened the first door for Neil but he has kicked open the rest and charged on through.Keep it up mate and ill keep shouting at you.
    You better keep shouting at me, I need that. And you also keep convincing me I can lift those extra kilos when I have doubts, you are proved right each time.
  • JVandesteeg
    JVandesteeg Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    OMGoodness!!! What a difference!!! You look great!! Keep it up!!
  • missff
    missff Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WOW! what a difference! I bet you feel 10 years younger too? Good for you!
  • barforem
    barforem Posts: 1
    Options
    WOW! what great accomplishments. You keep up the good work as you see it does off. I sure needed to hear something positive about weight loss this morning.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! such an inspiring story! so glad you found the right path :happy:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    What an amazing accomplishment! You're very inspiring.
  • redpaisleyrose
    Options
    "Life is a series of Peaks and Valleys, If you didn't have any valleys, you would not be alive". What an awakening, in your new life now, keep up the good workouts! Oh, and send picture updates! Great Job!:wink:
  • jumatwins
    jumatwins Posts: 74
    Options
    Wow. Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry about your wife :(

Well done!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Well done mate.

Insane how it happens isn't it.

I was not looking to lose weight. I was just looking for an app to mess about with one night when I couldnt sleep. 3 months later here we are.

Haha, me too! I was just browsing through the app store and ran across Calorie Count. I downloaded it and it was SO rubbish. I went back on to the app store and ran across MFP. I already had an account because I used it in 2010, so I just logged in and ... 17 weeks later, I'm 30.5lbs down and feeling great!
  • blondedanie
    blondedanie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your wife...congrats on the weight loss..soo inspiring!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement, and for the messages and friend requests. It is very much appreciated and shows what a great community this is.
  • nichtvollschlank
    Options
    Great job! Sorry about your wife, that is dreadful, but good on ya for continuing to live, I'm sure she's smiling on you. Also, lovin' the Springsteen title to your post...even if it was unintentional ;)
  • Coffeeholic8
    Options
    Great job! Sorry about your wife, that is dreadful, but good on ya for continuing to live, I'm sure she's smiling on you. Also, lovin' the Springsteen title to your post...even if it was unintentional ;)
    It wasn't unintentional. ;-) I'm a big fan and that line seemed to fit the situation.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are an inspiration to all of us!! Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You've done a fantastic job! Your dedication is an inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!