Anyone do at home workouts?

Options
124»

Replies

• roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    Hi I was a gym goer for 14 years but workout at home now and much prefer it. I have a treadmill and a variety of dumbbells, a pull up bar and a bench, so I do a combination of treadmill, P90X, Jillian Michaels and have recently bought a Bob Harper DVD which is a killer lol! I can honestly say I prefer to work out at home because I save on travelling time to and from the gym, if something comes up when I've scheduled my workout then I can change what time I do it.
  • lissaann22479
    Options
    I am on day 5 of 30 day shred, it's a challenge but I'm loving it! I also have been doing a little zumba on my xbox 360 . I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of going to a gym and working out in front of others.
  • AgentWalker008
    Options
    I do a mixture of my own (mish-mash) 5 min workout and the 30 Day Shred, although trust me - it buuurns!
  • greggags2
    greggags2 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X and Insanity the Asylum and loved them both, really get you results!
  • StarIsMoving
    StarIsMoving Posts: 437
    Options
    At home workouts are all I do, no gym for me 1) can't afford it, 2) no time for it

I have a total gym, do Billy Blanks DVDs, elliptical, run/walk outside, bike outside, and play tennis on our local court in our housing development. Although lately too hot for tennis, triple digits make it too difficult. I am going to be ordering Insanity as soon as I save the money (hopefully next week!!) too :)
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks away from finishing P90 and I can't decide if I want to give Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred a try or move directly into P90X when I'm done.

I'm a SAHM and my husband works out-of-town M-F, and while there is an Anytime Fitness nearby, they don't offer child care there and I don't have a sitter. So working out at home is what works best for me and I've lost 16 lbs so far!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Supreme 90 Day- I am enjoying it and inexpensive!
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    P90-X and I love it.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have always worked out at home because I have no desire to join a gym. When I leave work, I just want to go home. At home, I can start my workout whenever I feel like it. And when I'm done, I'm shower in my own shower and I don't have to travel home. I'm also not one for groups, so I prefer to workout alone.

My complex has a gym and I went through a phase where I use the cardio machines there. After a couple of months, I could not motivate myself to go do it because coming home from work and then having to change and go back out to workout got old, even though the gym was a 60 second walk from my front door.

I have all kinds of exercise tapes and DVDs from oldies like Denise Austin, Step Reebok, and Bodyshaping to current workouts like Turbo Fire/Jam and Brazil Butt Lift. I am currently doing Supreme 90. I am on day 11 and seeing results already.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I work out at home only. P90X, Slim in 6, Turbo Fire, and just ordered Brazilian Butt Lift. So far P90X is my favorite. I get bored. Instead of doing a program I use a combination of them all. I do whatever I am in the mood to do. Most days I miss Tony so I tend to do a lot more P90X.
  • dirty_blonde
    dirty_blonde Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've lost all my weight through at home DVD programs
    Power 90
    Power 90 Master series
    P90X
    Insanity
    Turbofire
    Chalean Extreme
    Insanity the Asylum
    Les mills Pump
    Revabs (currently)
    P90X2 is next already purchase it

I hate the gym. I've had several memberships at different places. HATE the social aspect of it. Your there to work your *kitten* off literally and some jackwagon is trying to chat it up with you, ugh

I also get bored quickly so running on a treadmill is so boring to me. I'd rather set my feet on fire. I could continue but I'd just sound like a complete hater.

My point is...you can get your sweat on at home and get the same results as the gym .
  • dilan0620
    dilan0620 Posts: 26
    Options
    That's all I do! I have done most of the Beachbody workouts, TurboFire is my favorite! If you become a coach you get a 25% discount, so it doesn't tug on the wallet too much. If you would like more information, just message me and we can chat :-)
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I do C25k and random stuff at home right now.

I tried the 30 day shred and couldn't walk for 5 days. SERIOUSLY COULD NOT WALK!! It was awful. I'm afraid to try it again.

We have a small home gym weight thing, I need to find the info for it online so Ic an use it better.

I'd love to get a Total Gym.

There is a 24 Hr fitness here in town but I'm afraid to go there with my fat self.
  • crafty_65
    crafty_65 Posts: 41
    Options
    I use the treadmill, I have a Kinect (lot's of good active games), I have some Pilates workout tapes that are great.

One thing I have found is that there is a large variety of fitness workouts available on Cable OnDemand, gives you a chance to try something out before you buy a DVD or attend a class.

Youtube also has a good variety of workouts although most tend to be shorter versions.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I workout at home and my cardio so far has been walking or riding my bike:) I am incorporating some upper body now and abs. I did spring for some 5 lb hand weights but other than that, it's make-shift:) We can do it and I have lost 9 lbs and really firmed up my leg muscles. denise:)
    I am a stay at home mother on a budget=) lol So I do my workouts at home, videos and walking/jogging. Anyone else share the same workouts and getting progress? I have currently lost 38lbs by doing this=)
  • mwhiteside3
    Options
    Jackie Warner has a great circuit workout on youtube. Power circuit training. You'll just need a mat and a few free weights. I did it again today and love it! First time I could barely get thru and now can do all 40 minutes.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I use the free on demand fitness videos that our cable offers. Ive lost 7.6 in the two weeks or so that I have been on here.
  • marpalde
    marpalde Posts: 9
    Options
    I agree. Jillian michaels dvd's. She does a good mix of cardio and strength training in minute intervals so by the time you feel the burn she's already on the next one. I also like 20 minute workout and on my less energetic days I do Richard Simmons 'cause it's a workout but fun dancing.