I have failed, Again - A Vent. =(

Options
13»

Replies

• ktaylor1188
    ktaylor1188 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    that was incredible to read! i just wish i could give you a big hug. i am so sorry for what u have gone through those things make losing weight even harder than it already is! but u are so right...there really are no excuses...if u have them u wont be able to succeed. if u BELIEVE you WILL do it! im right there with you! you CAN do this again! and this time for GOOD! Best of luck to you! and I will be adding you :)
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    Thank you all again. Reading through this, this morning...really helped me to have a positive day and get my mind back where I needed it. :)
    I had a pretty good day. No exercise like I wanted, but I did eat well and get my water in....so there's a drop in the bucket!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    So many others have said better what I myself would express.

Please don't think of yourself as a failure, you have succeeded in such great ways, and got yourself through troubled times. So there were set backs, so what? So many of us have lost, and gained, and given up, and picked ourselves back up. Be proud that you're picking yourself up again. don't beat yourself up about the past, do your best today, and then do it again and again.

You can do this. You really can. You've shown it before that it's in you, let yourself shine again.
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    Thanks - I just realized I may have worded things oddly - I haven't lost 300 lbs THIS whole time around, I was adding up everytime I've lost and then re-gained over the past probably 7 years..... 140 lbs, 70 lbs, 50 lbs.....all total it comes up to over 300 lbs.
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    Add me... I am here every day! :)
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    i'm adding you girl! you have been through hell and back and you are still alive. be strong. look yourself in the eye and tell yourself it's time for you to change your life so you can dance when you are 80. it's time for you!!!!!!
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    I have been on that wagon lost about 60 pounds and gain 80 back. I had diet the wrong way became depress and gave up on everything. Dont give up you can do it as long as you have support keep on going :)
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Thank you for writing this. I swear this could be me: not in the details, but the frustration and feeling like a complete failure. It is so hard to win this battle: we are addicts, but think about other addicts, they can remove themselves from drugs or alcohol. But we HAVE to eat, so we can never truly get away from our addiction. You took off 140, put on 60, that's still a loss of 80 which is spectacular! Just remember we spent years getting into these bad habits, it is going to take years to get back out. We can do this! And good on ya for putting it all out there like this, and know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE. You have not failed, you had a relapse, and now we can learn from the experience and get back on track. One day at a time baby, one day at a time.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Chelkb
    Chelkb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    All of the other posters have said it all. You can't beat yourself up over the past. It's done, over, gone. What you can do is learn from the past and move forward. No one is perfect. We are all flawed and sometimes each one of us has bad days where we slide a little. It's ok though as long as you pick yourself back up and keep moving forward. One step at a time. You have what it takes to do this and this is a great place to come for encouragement.