What are YOUR favorite low cal, super filling vegetables?

Options
2»

Replies

• JenniferInNY
    JenniferInNY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    By the way, I believe we are coming into the perfect season for eatting low cal. Fresh fruits and veggies should be aboundant. I love the farmers sale on sat am. Call me crazy, I also stop and ask people whose fruit trees are over flowing, if I can have some. The answer is usually yes, take as much as you want. If you are gonna do this make sure to take bags with you. Good luck.

Huh. I never thought of doing that. But it makes sense that many people might say yes, especially if their fruit trees are supplying more fruit than they can possibly eat. And it never hurts to ask. I'm trying to get fresh fruits and veggies on a budget -- I never thought about just asking people if I could have some off their trees.
  • Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    ASPARAGUS!!
  • Elite4LifeDono
    Options
    Sugar Snap Peas!
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    For fruit, Watermelon! It is super cheap in the summer and so good on those hot days where you need a cold snack. PLUS it is a negative calorie, so go ahead... Eat the WHOLE thing

Other negative calories foods according to : http://www.livestrong.com/article/28673-list-negative-calorie-foods/

includes apples, asparagus, beets, broccoli, cabbage (green), carrots, cauliflower, celery roots, celery chicory, chili peppers, cranberries, cucumbers, dandelions, endive, garden cress, garlic, green beans, eggplants, grapefruit, lemon mango, lettuce, onions, oranges, papayas, pineapples, radishes, raspberries, spinach
    strawberries, tangerines, turnips and zucchini.

Is the whole negative calorie craze legit?
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    bell peppers with my high protein breakfast does the trick. I also will rinse and eat a half cup or cup of spinach and it also is very filling. I'm pretty low maintenance on flavor right now cause I'm doing atkins induction.
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Bump..great ideas :)
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Any color of sweet bell peppers, cabbage, broccoli, grape tomatoes, well actually any tomatoes ;), green beans, cauliflower, spinach, and cucumbers. MMMMMMM! :)
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • BevP123
    BevP123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love broccoli but there is a UK shortage so it's very expensive at the moment. Loving the roasted cauliflower recipe and definately looking into the negative calories idea....thanks all x
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Eggplant... a devoted lover of eggplant.

Roasted with whole cloves of garlic, olive oil and onion for added sweetness.

Thinly sliced, purged/rinsed and used as a replacement for Lasagna noodles for Lasagna night.

Roasted with other vegetables such as zucchini, pattypan squash, onions, roma tomatoes, green and yellow bell pepper strips, whole cloves of garlic, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.... Roasted nicely and then used for making my husband's Chicken Primavera with freshly grated parmesan on top... he LOVES that!