Phentermine 37.5

Options

Replies

• katrinaevening
    katrinaevening Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. I was given this in highschool and went from 260 to 180. Like everyone else said you are never hungry and have tonz of energy, but the INSTANT I stopped I would gain weight. It didn't teach me to eat right, it just allowed me to stop eating while having the energy to exercise and do things. It took me YEARS to recover from it.
  • missezwright
    missezwright Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    To the posters that say just eat right and exercise, sometimes it is not that simple for everyone. I have a serious addiction to food. The Phentermine helps curb those urges to just eat. Exercising is not a problem for me, but food is. I'm an taking this time while taking the pill to change my eating habits and adopt a routine that I can stick to. I'm not using it to just drop a bunch of weight then go back to the same thing I did before. I seriously could not have done it without the pill, because of how severe my food cravings were. I have noticed when I skip days it is starting to get easier to control my food myself. It is all in how you utilize the pill while taking it and taking advantage of that time frame to adopt new habits. I am still busting my *kitten* to exercise and lose weight, so at no time would I be ashamed to say I used the pill for assistance! It is not for everyone, so if it's not for you then move on to another thread and not put down the people who it works for.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Stop...eat less move more. Your welcome.

If only it were that easy. I have been keeping a deficit of 1000 calories for months now and cannot seem to lose weight. I have tried eating at 1200/1500/1800 calories. I think that there are some of us that truly struggle with food addiction and/or the inability to lose weight. I am constantly walking and exercising. As a matter of fact, on the days I work (4x/wk) I am getting close to 13,000 steps per day. On my days off, I hike and run stairs. Still I struggle with losing just a pound. While I appreciate your sarcasm and your inability to understand how everyone is different, not everyone can be as perfect as you.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I took Phentermine for a month almost 3 years ago. It's basically legal meth. It gave me anxiety, made me sweat really bad, gave me hot flashes, and my heart felt like it was going to explode. I didn't really eat anything that month either. I would recommend finding something else!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Methamphetamine:

200px-Methamphetamine.svg.png

Phentermine:

200px-Fentermina.svg.png

Draw your own conclusion.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I just started taking it and the only side effect is dry mouth, and that just makes me drink more water. I had been trying to lose weight for 4 months with no success. I hope that this helps.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    "If only it were that easy. I have been keeping a deficit of 1000 calories for months now and cannot seem to lose weight. I have tried eating at 1200/1500/1800 calories. I think that there are some of us that truly struggle with food addiction and/or the inability to lose weight. I am constantly walking and exercising. As a matter of fact, on the days I work (4x/wk) I am getting close to 13,000 steps per day. On my days off, I hike and run stairs. Still I struggle with losing just a pound. While I appreciate your sarcasm and your inability to understand how everyone is different, not everyone can be as perfect as you."

I don't know why people feel that they need to judge! It is a personal choice, and if someone wants to take it, why should anyone else care?
  • casalina123
    Options
    Hi there-how did it go at the cardiologist? i hope all is well with you. I started Phentermine on 6/3 and have lost 11 lbs but after reading reviews of convulsions, seizures, and heart problems, i am scared now. I actually haven't had any problems while on it at all-except for the first day I couldn't sleep and then I am a bit irritable and dry mouth-but other than that I have experienced no bad side effects. But after reading all this stuff , I think I am giving myself a panic attack :(
  • Cassycat
    Cassycat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I took phentermine in the beginning of my weightloss, and yep, it helped me dropped the pounds like whoa.

After realizing that it completely voided any appetite i had, i had to force myself to eat 3 healthy meals daily. If you can do this, you'll be fine. REMEMBER TO EAT.

And yes, it puts stress on your heart, but it also helps you lose weight, which takes stress OFF of your heart. It's a strange wonky tradeoff.

I believe i'm one of the few who have been able to keep the weight off after stopping the drug. I've been maintaining 140 since July of 2011. I eat right (when able), i exercise occasionally (pole dance), and have been off of it for 2 years and have no problem keeping the weight off.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    So many people ask about Phentermine on here...ugh!
    I took it a few years ago - it COMPLETELY wiped out my appetite. Which sure, when you're a fan of crash & fad diets, you think "that's awesome!" but it's not. I never had to think about eating - I was just never, ever hungry so I would completely forget to eat. When I did eat, I ate crap. I was also working 2 part time jobs and in an accel. nursing program at the same time.
    I lost 60 pounds just eating smaller portions in about 4 months. But I also ended up with Vit D & E deficiencies, was anemic and could go 1+ week without having a bowel movement because I simply wasn't putting enough into my stomach.

Add that to the fact that the slightest bit of exercise (walking up a flight of stairs or having sex) sent me into cardiac dysrhythmia, and you can see why I'm not a fan. It works for weight loss, but not for health.
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Definitely a quick fix, but will gain it all back eventually. I took these pills about four years ago. I lost 52 pounds in a year. I also have hormone issues. I didn't lose 40 pounds in 2 months like some. I had a difficult time working out as well. Its an emotional rollercoaster, but fun while it last. I suggest losing the weight the natural hard way. :tongue:
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it. But I want to lose weight the correct and healthy way. It's taking me longer than I'd like, but I feel that I'll be able to sustain this way of eating and exercising for the rest of my life.
  • wolfmedic25
    Options
    I started taking Phentermine 37.5 once a day approximately one month ago. Everyone I talked to that had been on it told me to use it to crash diet. I passed up their advice and used portion control while eating raw veggies and fruit. I have been trimming lean steak and sticking even closer to chicken. Water only for drinks with maybe one or two black coffee and unsweet tea mixed in. I have lost 23 pounds this month. I'm a paramedic so I am almost always running on little or no sleep. The phentermine gives you plenty of energy and focus during the day lasting about 12 hours. Therefore take it early so you can sleep at night. Just like it was said above, it is literally using "legal speed" to lose weight so weigh your risks. The benefit of losing a large percentage of weight and decreasing your risk of heart disease usually out weighs the risks though. If you do get on it don't waste it like most and keep up on your exercise. It should only be used as a supplement to aid you in starting a lifestyle change. I did little or no exercise out of work due to fatigue. Once on phentermine I began walking 1 mile a day escalating my work out throughout the month. I ended this month walking 6 miles without fatigue and I am able to jog 1.5 miles without a break. The lifestyle change for me was more than diet and exercise though since I have 3 kids. It was more about getting up off my butt and getting outside. I signed up for my first 5K this week and I have set my goal for a 10K sometime next year. Like I already said, if you do get on it look at it as a jumpstart to a lifestyle change and an aid that will not be available for an extended length of time. Whatever you decide good luck.

Also the only side effects I have had are mild palpitations and the brief thoughts that I can do way more than I really could. LOL.
  • nmuwildcat
    nmuwildcat Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I can't take any weight loss pills because of my mental health. =/
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My doctor put me on a weight loss plan with phentermine and b-12 shots once a month. I must say.... the results are quick an addition to still being able to eat what you want. After they took me off, I gained everything back except for 5 lbs. It is a quick fix, but I recommend a lifestyle change in order to keep the weight off.
    This is my story in a nutshell. I lost 20 lbs in 3 months, and that was eating mostly what I wanted (did cut out soda tho), and not working out at all. I was in nursing school at the time and literally sat on my butt in class for 8 hours every day, then came home and studied, so sat on my butt even more, so no exercise at all. I did not change my lifestyle, so I gained back after I went off of them, but I have several friends who have had excellent results. As far as side effects, I had more energy than usual, and was able to stay awake through class even on days I had had little sleep. I loved that side effect! :) I was more thirsty than usual, but as has been mentioned before, this is a good thing. If you start, be sure to view it as a tool to help you start making the right lifestyle choices. Good Luck!
  • Dianakrugle
    Dianakrugle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I took it years ago and lost 30 lbs but gained it back plus some. Went back on it a few years later and almost had a heart attack. I was hospitalized and quickly taken off of it. It cuts your appetite but is not the healthy way to do it. Eating healthy non processed foods is the way to go. I am down 80lbs since Feb 14th, 2012 and only have 43lbs left to my personal goal and the nutritionists.
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I took it years ago too, lost, and then regained it all plus some weight.

I am now using all natural supplements, exercise, and healthy eating/lifestyle and have lost 38 lbs in 2 months by doing so!

This works so well for me :)
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    The heart risks would never be worth it for me.
    Warnings and Precautions
    Coadministration with Other Drug Products for Weight Loss

Phentermine hydrochloride tablets are indicated only as short-term (a few weeks) monotherapy for the management of exogenous obesity. The safety and efficacy of combination therapy with Phentermine and any other drug products for weight loss including prescribed drugs, over-the-counter preparations, and herbal products, or serotonergic agents such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (e.g., fluoxetine, sertraline, fluvoxamine, paroxetine), have not been established. Therefore, coadministration of Phentermine and these drug products is not recommended.
    Primary Pulmonary Hypertension

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (PPH) – a rare, frequently fatal disease of the lungs – has been reported to occur in patients receiving a combination of Phentermine with fenfluramine or dexfenfluramine. The possibility of an association between PPH and the use of Phentermine alone cannot be ruled out; there have been rare cases of PPH in patients who reportedly have taken Phentermine alone. The initial symptom of PPH is usually dyspnea. Other initial symptoms may include angina pectoris, syncope or lower extremity edema. Patients should be advised to report immediately any deterioration in exercise tolerance. Treatment should be discontinued in patients who develop new, unexplained symptoms of dyspnea, angina pectoris, syncope or lower extremity edema, and patients should be evaluated for the possible presence of pulmonary hypertension.
    Valvular Heart Disease

Serious regurgitant cardiac valvular disease, primarily affecting the mitral, aortic and/or tricuspid valves, has been reported in otherwise healthy persons who had taken a combination of Phentermine with fenfluramine or dexfenfluramine for weight loss. The possible role of Phentermine in the etiology of these valvulopathies has not been established and their course in individuals after the drugs are stopped is not known. The possibility of an association between valvular heart disease and the use of Phentermine alone cannot be ruled out; there have been rare cases of valvular heart disease in patients who reportedly have taken Phentermine alone.
    Development of Tolerance, Discontinuation in Case of Tolerance

When tolerance to the anorectant effect develops, the recommended dose should not be exceeded in an attempt to increase the effect; rather, the drug should be discontinued.
    Effect on the Ability to Engage in Potentially Hazardous Tasks

Phentermine may impair the ability of the patient to engage in potentially hazardous activities such as operating machinery or driving a motor vehicle; the patient should therefore be cautioned accordingly.
    Risk of Abuse and Dependence

Phentermine is related chemically and pharmacologically to amphetamine (d- and dll-amphetamine) and to other related stimulant drugs that have been extensively abused. The possibility of abuse of Phentermine should be kept in mind when evaluating the desirability of including a drug as part of a weight reduction program. See Drug Abuse and Dependence (9) and Overdosage (10)

The least amount feasible should be prescribed or dispensed at one time in order to minimize the possibility of overdosage.
    Usage with Alcohol

Concomitant use of alcohol with Phentermine may result in an adverse drug reaction.
    Use in Patients with Hypertension

Use caution in prescribing Phentermine for patients with even mild hypertension (risk of increase in blood pressure).
    Use in Patients on Insulin or Oral Hypoglycemic Medications for Diabetes Mellitus

A reduction in insulin or oral hypoglycemic medications in patients with diabetes mellitus may be required.
    Adverse Reactions

The following adverse reactions are described, or described in greater detail, in other sections:

- Primary pulmonary hypertension [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2)]

- Valvular heart disease [see Warnings and Precautions (5.3)]

- Effect on the ability to engage in potentially hazardous tasks [see Warnings and Precautions (5.5)]

- Withdrawal effects following prolonged high dosage administration [see Drug Abuse and Dependence (9.3)]

Cardiovascular
    Primary pulmonary hypertension and/or regurgitant cardiac valvular disease, palpitation, tachycardia, elevation of blood pressure, ischemic events.

Central Nervous System
    Overstimulation, restlessness, dizziness, insomnia, euphoria, dysphoria, tremor, headache, psychosis.

Gastrointestinal
    Dryness of the mouth, unpleasant taste, diarrhea, constipation, other gastrointestinal disturbances.

Allergic
    Urticaria.

Endocrine
    Impotence, changes in libido.
    Drug Interactions
    Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors

Use of Phentermine is contraindicated during or within 14 days following the administration of monoamine oxidase inhibitors because of the risk of hypertensive crisis.
    Alcohol

Concomitant use of alcohol with Phentermine may result in an adverse drug reaction.
    Insulin and Oral Hypoglycemic Medications

Requirements may be altered [see Warnings and Precautions (5.9)].
    Adrenergic Neuron Blocking Drugs

Phentermine may decrease the hypotensive effect of adrenergic neuron blocking drugs.
  • pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is a joke, right?

This is a weight loss site that encourages lifestyle change. Not drug abuse.

No drug is going to replace hard work and dedication.

There is no EASY way out. You didn't go to bed last night at a healthy weight and wake up this morning at an un-healthy weight. So what makes you think you are going to go to bed tonight at an un-healthy weight and wake up tomorrow at a healthy weight?

^^^^^THIS A THOUSAND TIMES THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'm a paramedic ...

Also the only side effects I have had are mild palpitations ...

Sounds good to me. Good thing you know how to defibrillate.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!