mcdonalds.

Options

Replies

• Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I would fall back on the recommendation from The Zone -- get two cheeseburgers and put them together (throwing away one set of buns). Barry Sears says it's in The Zone ( balanced carb and protein) if you care at all about that, but it's going to be higher in fat and lack any micronutrients... but it's MacDonalds, so that's pretty much a given. I like following The Zone proportions because I feel like it keeps my blood sugar from spiking too badly and I'm not so hungry all the time when I'm trying to reduce my caloric intake.

Two cheeseburgers and throw away the bun? Pretty sure that is a double cheeseburger. Still has protein, iron, calcium etc.
    When that was written, there weren't double cheeseburgers. I assume that means there are now? Goes to show you how often I go to MacDonalds!
  • XjuliaXannX
    XjuliaXannX Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i've worked at McDonalds. Grilled chicken is no better than the crispy chicken. Grilled chicken is just covered in massive amounts of butter before and after being grilled. And depending on who's making it, the worse it may be
  • DomNavarro1
    Options
    i suppose a salad hold the dressing would be kool-aid kool but hey gurl it's jst advice and i'm no expert :wink:
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    If you get a salad, don't get one of the big ones. They aren't good for you. Instead get the side salad with the balasmic vinaigrette. You can pair that with either a 4 piece nugget (6 if they won't let you get 4. I don't remember the calories right now) or a hamburger. You can also get a plain grilled chicken sandwich and remove the bun.

Also try checking FitnessMagazine.com. Just put McDonald's in the search and you will see a bunch of articles about healthy fast food or takeout options.

Why aren't the big salads good for you?
  • XjuliaXannX
    XjuliaXannX Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    also their parfaits are LOADED with sugar, would be better off just getting ice cream
  • vsecret921
    vsecret921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Anything you want....It's your life. For crying out loud.

She's just asking for advice
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    also their parfaits are LOADED with sugar, would be better off just getting ice cream

Except of course, the parfaits have live cultures and real fruit.
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I tend to get a double cheeseburger mighty kids meal. But if your calories won't take it, a hamburger kids meal can work.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    DO NOT GET THE GRILLED CHICKEN! TO make them not stick to the grill they are slathered in 6 tablespoons of margarine.

Not true.

I worked there. They are put on the grill in a little ring, the ring has a cover with a little funnel on it. They pour water in the funnel. The end. No oil except what might already be there from the burgers.

This is true...we don't use water anymore on the grilled chicken. We put them in a ring and spray the crap out of the grill and one side of the chicken to get it to not stick. I use less than most people and still have to do about 8 sprays of the margarine. I have seen people do 12 or more sprays. You COULD request one made without the butter, but that is a 7 1/2 minute wait.
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

THANK YOU
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I get the Premium Bacon Ranch Salad with Grilled Chicken. its only 230 cals. and it's very filling!
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    Yup, I've learned that the best thing for me to get here is the kids meal with the apples. If not that, I get the fish.... then I run many miles guiltily later. It's not good to eat on a guilty stomach.... so I avoid the Golden Arches as much as possible. :) Even though you intake few calories here, there will always be fat. Those fat molecules are just waiting to clog your arteries. So be careful. I used to quickly stop there before my shift started. Even though I would "only get a small" or "just get six nuggets".... I gained a ton of weight.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options

She's just asking for advice

Her profile also says she is 15 years old.
  • jnicole90
    jnicole90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I always just stick to a happy meal and water if I must go.
    I must admit, the Rolo McFlurries are SO tempting.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I must be the only person who goes to Mcdonalds and has a veggie burger or wrap! I usually go for that, about 350 Cal's for a veggie burger, skip the fries, have a bottle of water.
  • jamm2000
    jamm2000 Posts: 79
    Options
    Hamburger kids meal w/ diet drink is a good choice, or depending on how many calories you want to spend, you could get one of the grilled chicken sandwiches. That's usually what I get with $1 size or no fries. Drink lots of water while you eat to help fill you up. Enjoy!
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I get the Caesar Salad with grilled chicken
    190 calories
    27g protein
    5g fat
    10g carbs
    580mg sodium

AND balsamic vinigrette = 40 calories

Yummmy!
  • jiggalude
    jiggalude Posts: 53
    Options
    I get an oatmeal...minus the brown sugar or anything else they put in it.
  • workkoutchick96
    Options
    DEFFINITLY THE SOUTHWEST GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH NO DRESSING.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If you get a salad, don't get one of the big ones. They aren't good for you. Instead get the side salad with the balasmic vinaigrette. You can pair that with either a 4 piece nugget (6 if they won't let you get 4. I don't remember the calories right now) or a hamburger. You can also get a plain grilled chicken sandwich and remove the bun.

Also try checking FitnessMagazine.com. Just put McDonald's in the search and you will see a bunch of articles about healthy fast food or takeout options.

uhm, only if you get cripsy chicken on that salad or choose a high fat/high cal dressing. otherwise, a large salad with grilled chicken and one of their better dressings is WAY better than just getting chicken nuggets or a cheeseburger.