If you like metal, YOU'RE MY FRIEND!

Options

Replies

• clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    makes me work harder in the gym than listening to Justin Bieber on the gym sound system!

Oh man i hate that every single gym you got to its Bieber or dance music - I HATE dance music *shakes fist* :mad:
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    DO YOU FOLKS LIKE COFFEE??!? Dethklok kicks *kitten*!

You people out there give us something more than just record sales. You give us something to hate. And we HATE you. You brainless mutants. \m/

Even my 4 year old boys love Dethklok....Murmaider II to be exact. They are already certified headbangers!
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned Overkill or Kreator yet?! Thrash 'til death!

Warbringer, Exodus, Testament, Priest, Metallica (pre-Black Album), Anthrax, Municipal Waste, Megadeth...

Also a fan of Amon Amarth, and obviously Manowar

WIMPS AND POSERS LEAVE THE HALL!
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Too many to list. I have some listed on my profile that are on my ipod.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    A big Metal fan, Always Metallica, the last few years been into Disturbed, and most recently discovered a danish band called Volbeat, which i believe are starting to do all right in the U.S. Volbeat have now topped Disturbed as most played by me at the gym.

Oh dear Lord, I LOVE Volbeat!! I've met them, and it just made me like them even more!!
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    OOOh got to love thrash! :heart:

Just done a sesh on my eliptical trainer and Slayer's Payback came on... Get in! stupid ipod hadn't shuffled that one in ages!!
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    \m/
    Feel free to add me, too!
  • kdavina
    kdavina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, metal is what keeps me going on the elliptical!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I love Metal, but no one really seems to like the same kind as me lol ... outside of the obvious MetallicA and one dude said Parkway Drive also one of my favorite bands. Oh and someone said Trivium but IMO only their first few albums.

Anyone can add me would love some new bands to listen to / discover.

some of my favs that no one mentioned.
    Threat signal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvFl8o8KYn0
    Dirge Withing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=682EwDkICcc&list=ALHTd1VmZQRNrwA3wHmb4r-QTF6wEG3QAl&index=2&feature=plcp
    Blinded in Bliss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khEmOT2dX08
    Oh,Sleeper
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6rrDEnm4c
    Protest the hero
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9aJ0ncWRvY
    AS I lay dying
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhYT-7bzHis

K I am going to stop meow... Anyone has any suggestions I'd love to see/ hear them !!!
    Edit: I do listen to everything though just metal is my favorite
  • sdb214
    sdb214 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am absolutely loving this thread! I love me some metal! Old, new, it's all good! Everything from black flag and suicidal tendencies to straight line stitch and hatebreed....and everything in between! Please add me, we can rock out and get fit together!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    My most recent 10 mile run playlist looked like this band wise: Arch Enemy, Bleeding Through, Dethklok, Dragonforce, Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Megadeth, Metallica, Mudvayne, NIN, Otep!, Pantera, Deftones, Zombie, Slayer, Slipknot, Soulfly, Static-X, and SOAD.....So there ya have it..

Add me if you like :devil:
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You all light a flame in my metal heart.

I love almost all types of metal, some more than others though. About the only bands I don't really like (off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more) are Cradle of Filth and GWAR... just not feelin the vibe with either.

Manowar and other power metal, "hair metal", 80's metal (MAIDEN) and any really kick *kitten* guitar with a driving beat gives me the most incredible pump though, I just feel like a beast lifting to Hand of Doom, House of Death, Outlaw, and so many more.

Heavy/brutal/death/thrash works better for my cardio, I have a tendency to get super aggressive and almost want to throw my weights if I'm lifting with anything too heavy. I'd rather just beat the crap out of my elliptical, less holes in the walls that way!

Anyone in the thread feel free to add me - I'm accepting all friend requests right now, but it may take me a while to catch up with you all as my friends list just almost doubled in size!
  • delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    big thrash fan . Metallica,anthrax ,sepultra, slayer i could go on and on
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    anyone familiar with the danish band D-A-D?
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Old school metal head..Judas Priest,Nazareth still occupy my playlists :-)
  • TheMolloy
    TheMolloy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Metal all the way !!!!

Used to have myself locked into like 2 or 3 bands and that was all i listened to.

Now ... am broadening my metal horizons. Man there are some awesome bands out there ...

metalstorm.net is where its at for me ... find plenty of new bands to listen to.
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    To name a few...

"-(16)-"
    "Everytime I Die"
    "Marilyn Manson"
    "The Bronx"
    "Snot"
    "System of a Down"
    "Howl"
    "The Melvins"
    "Primate"
    "Trash Talk"
    "Down"
    "Black Tusk"
    "Red Fang"
    "Despise You"
    "Negative Approach"
    "Yob"
    "Refused"
    "Early Graves"
    "Angel Witch"
    "Municipal Waste"
    "Coke Bust"
    "Pantara"
    "Slip Knot"

You guys can add me too if you want!!
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My favorite group would have to be Killswitch Engage. Saw them play with Bury Your Dead, All That Remains and I group called 2 Cents. Nothing like a mosh pit to relieve some stress and aggression.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Um. Does it count if your favorite metal band is fictional....? LOL

if so, ADD ME! :D
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    I need new suggestions. I'm a little bored.

I prefer the thrash stuff and progressive.

But give me any ideas that are instrumentally impresssive. GO.