How many kids do YOU want? :)

Options

Replies

• lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My fiancé has a daughter who lives with her mother on the other side of the country :( I'm hoping we will get a lot more time with her and would like two more (a few years from now).
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    3 great ones:)
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have one. A little boy. And he is almost 2. I have the baby fever again. I want two, maybe 3 or 4!!! Loved being pregnant and having him :)
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    I have always wanted a house full..

I have two daughters 10 and two

I also have 4 step children.. 2boys and 2girls... 16, 12, 10 and six.. I wouldn't change anything about it.. would really love for me and my husband to have one together.. I don't think he's up for 7 kids.. since we just bought a vehicle that would fit all of us.. that means we would have to go car shopping again! I knew we should have bought the 9 passenger vehicle! :grumble:
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have to applaud the gals who don't have or want any kids; I am not one of those people who thinks that ALL people must have kids to be complete, fully contributing members of society. Some people have more complex paths that just aren't compatible with raising kids, and/or some people may not make good parents (and know it), but excel at other things that are vital to our society. Some of them also better fit the secondary family roles (like that of "The Cool Aunt"). It's just so much more complicated than "all women are baby factories". There are different kinds of women, and different kinds of men, with a wide range of roles that need to be filled in order to make humanity that much better.

^THIS I am a proud member of the Cool Aunt club, but don't want any myself.
    While I think the "more complex" comment makes it sound like parenting is simple and easy, I agree with the rest of this and think it's ridiculous that people have to justify their choice not to have kids. There are plenty other people reproducing at a much higher rate than 1:1, so it's not like we need everyone on board to keep the species alive. I know that when you think something is amazing, it can be hard to accept other people don't--you think "oh, if they only DID it, they'd see!", but that's kind of condescending, when you think about it. I have a friend who jokes about how the dog is their baby -- she shouldn't have to make jokes to stave off awkward and inappropriate questions. This shouldn't be an issue.

MFPBrandy, I feel I should clarify: I do not mean "more complex" in the sense that parenting is simple and easy. Rather, I was referring to the complexity of society's assumptions regarding gender roles. It would seem to be the simple and easy assumption by society that women are built to carry babies, and therefore that is their job in life. It is far more complicated and difficult to assume that, regardless of the status of their reproductive organs, there are many roles in society that take a woman to fill them full-time (and over-time, even), and are not compatible with raising children for the very reason that raising children ISN'T easy, and IS a full-time job in itself.
  • halloweeny_bride27
    halloweeny_bride27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If we have any (assuming we are fertile but no way to know really, have never tried to get pregnant) my FH and i would like one child.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    None. I prefer to rent - aka I'm an aunty!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    2 or 3 but definitely want at least one girl - I'm very girly! I've told future hubby I won't stop until I get a girl but I really hope I don't end up with 8 boys and still trying for a girl!

My family has three girls then a boy, his family has three boys then three girls. So maybe after three of the same sex, the fourth would be the opposite.

How do you think it would affect your sons knowing you kept trying to have a girl?

I always thought I wanted a girl.. I've always been a bit girly, myself.. but I couldn't imagine not having my little boy. I had no idea how much I'd enjoy cars, trucks, snakes, lizards, bugs, etc. There is nothing else in the world like being a mom to a little boy :happy:

Same, I have 3 boys and they are my all!! :happy:
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    None. My mind is set on that one. I don't have any, and I mean it, any mothering instinct in me. I think kids require more effort than they're worth. When I first said that was when my own mom finally accepted that I'm really not made for being a mother.
  • xSinfulUndeadx
    Options
    4. :)
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    5, yes i realize I said 5
  • amarige55
    amarige55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had two sons and I now have three biological grandchildren, a 16 year old boy, a 3 year old boy and a girl who will be 3 next month. My oldest son will be 34 this month and I still haven't bounced back physically...;-)! :sad:
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I personally want 7 kids, by 11 different moms.
  • amarige55
    Options
    Most people think im crazy, but for me I want twins.

a boy and a girl and then i would probably want another boy :smile:

They aren't an accessory or novelty item :grumble:

Twins have a much higher risk to mom AND babies. Whatever negative things that can happen during pregnancy are risk x 2 with twins. The chances that they will be premature or developmentally delayed are higher.

First off I am very aware that babies are not an accessory and am very disappointed that someone would assume that I would only want twins for that purpose. I love children and have always wanted lots of them. Second, I am very aware of all the risk that comes along with it and have done plenty of research on having twins.

And why you would get on a simple playful thread and criticize my choice to say that I would like to have twins one day once I am married is simplely the craziest thing I have ever heard.

You really should not judge someones intentions if you dont even know them:smile:
  • BabyLeila23
    BabyLeila23 Posts: 410
    Options
    Twins sound awesome :)

I would probably just want 2 if I get married lol
  • amarige55
    Options
    My friend just had twin girls a week and a half ago. They were 6 lb 3 oz. and 7 lb 1 oz. They were happy and healthy, so twins are not a novelty item, but if a person takes care of themselves during their pregnancy, there is no greater risk to mother or babies than a single birth. We don't live in the turn of the century anymore. Doctors have greater measures to ensure a happy healthy pregnancy and a happy healthy babies. So many people are abusive to their bodies today and during pregnancy they just don't give a crap. When a mommy takes care of herself and does what the doctor advises her to do, the risks are greatly minimized!

Please keep the petty ugliness to yourself and for those of you who want twins.....go for it. Twice the joy. Just take care of yourself during pregnancy, no matter how many young-uns are inside!!
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    None! Ever! Thank God Hubby feels the same!!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Maybe 2. I will be happy with however many I am blessed with! Even if it's just one.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    None!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I want one but hubby wants 3!!!! I will settle with 2 at least.