Looking for people going from 140lbs- 120/115lbs!! PLEASE!!

Options
13»

Replies

• emiliesm
    emiliesm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm the exact same position. I'm 5'6 and my typical weight is 135 around as well. Highest I've ever been was 155 but that was years ago. I also want to be in the 120 range, but I always think of BMI's. 135 pounds more muscle looks smaller and better than not having muscle. So I started sticking to maintaining weight but training muscles hard and steady as well as the regular cardio. Sometimes the weight we see isn't as accurate as we think it should look like.
  • fifijoaney
    fifijoaney Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 4 too and started at 154 pounds it's taken me over a year to lose 28 pounds and I'm now 126 pounds. I want to lose some more body fat but I'm not trying to lose any more weight I'm trying to build more muscle. I would say that losing slowly has meant I've learnt how to eat much better. I started off trying to restrict calories and whilst it worked it was slower than I wanted. I saw the best results when I paid at ten to macros and really started to eat well. That meant I had more energy for exercise and my workouts have massively improved which means my body composition has improved which is what I want anyway. I would say consistency is key and not to expect fast results.
  • fifijoaney
    fifijoaney Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just realised this is a super old thread. Don't know why it was on the first page
  • Chenry18
    Chenry18 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant I got to 148, delivered at 170 & now I'm 115! You can do it :)
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Haha, yes it is an old thread!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    @sumiblue - how long did it take you to get to 115 from 137. And what's is PHUL? Thanks!
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    PHUL is an intermediate weight lifting program. 4x/week, split routine. I recommend starting with Stronglifts if you are new to lifting. I was at 137 in January 2015so 13 months.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Thanks! I have to work on my patience!!!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Took me about 6-7 months to go from 135 to 115.
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    I did it .5 lb-1 lb at a time. You can do it!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Wow. Thanks for sharing. I've been waiting for the often mentioned whoosh and TA-DA - five pounds less in a day. I'm just aching to see a 120-anything. I'll try to be patient. I'm have to stop myself from perusing that section of the drugstore with the weight loss pills and crap!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    And alas, the first post I see after typing the above is on T5 slimming pills, or whatever! Sigh! :D
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim , congrats! I lost my weight slower as I didn't have a lot to lose. I wanted to preserve as much muscle as possible.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @Sumiblue Thanks. Just 10 lbs to go. That would be ultimate dream weight. I'd be ok with losing just five. It will go. It will go. It will go! :)
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 140. I need to be 120.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 142 and would love to get into the low 120s. I started the year at 148. It's slow going so far, but I'm trying to be patient. I've been at 142 for the last 2 weeks.