44 lbs down (with pics)

Options
hkrl
hkrl Posts: 17 Member
I'm 5'1" and started my journey weighing 161 pounds last Labout Day weekend. My entire adult life I weighed anywhere from 130 to 150 but my weight kept creeping up. The first picture is from August 2011 (probably weighed about 165), the second one is from June 2012.
To all of those just starting out: DON'T GIVE UP! I lost 9 pounds in the first 4 months and wanted to quit so many times but this site and all the inspiring people kept me going.
My biggest advice would be to find an exercise that you ENJOY. I tried running and I really wanted to like it but it just wasn't for me. I started taking Zumba in the winter and that has helped me immensely because I love Zumba! I do a Jillian Michaels video once or twice a week and Zumba 2 times a week. I also do lots of walking and biking with my kids. There were many times when I didn't feel like exercising but I would tell myself that I was "lapping everyone who was sitting on the couch." That became my motto: that even a little bit of exercise is better than none.
The best feeling was when I fit back into my "skinny clothes" and then they eventually became too big for me. This morning I weigh 117. Two more pounds until I weigh what I did in high school! My goal is to lose 3 more pounds just so I can tell myself that I weigh less than I did in high school. : )
The other amazing feeling is seeing how I have become a role model to my kids. They always want to go for bike rides and walks. I ran an 8K race in my hometown with my 6 year old son and he won a prize for being the youngest runner. What a great feeling to see him BEAMING with pride at his accomplishment.

Good luck to all of you who are working on meeting your goals. If I can do this, anyone can!

beforeandafter.jpg

Replies

• kamanda85
    kamanda85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    Congrats on the progress, you look very happy! :flowerforyou:
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Nice work. It looks like it was worth it!
  • SerenityGelsinger
    SerenityGelsinger Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats! We are the same height and our start weights were three pounds apart!
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow you are beautiful and your story is very inspiring thank you for all the great advice! You look great.
  • as543
    as543 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    you look amazing. I logged on and today is my first day of sticking to this. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • 30musha30
    30musha30 Posts: 114
    Options
    congrats, you look great!!
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    You look fantastic - congratulations! Our stats are very close so you are quite an inspiration - thank you for sharing.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fabulous!
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Amazing!!
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    Total awesomeness!
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You did great!!!! :)
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and so happy/comfortable - well done!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Your hard work paid off, you look great!!!!
  • kristin1125
    kristin1125 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look truly incredible.

I'm 5'3" with a very similar weight situation and I have been so down about it lately. Thanks for posting these, I honestly needed it.
  • maddiekidd
    maddiekidd Posts: 15
    Options
    You look really great, gratz on sticking to it. Stroies like yours make it easier for the rest of us.

Chris
  • hydeejo
    hydeejo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great. I've been struggling and reading your story and seeing you before and after really got me motivated. How awesome that your 6 year old ran an 8k!!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    AWESOME!!! You can do it! I had the same problem and only lost about 10 lbs the first 6 months but, stayed on the wagon! Still at only 22 lbs but, I am going to keep going and keep trying and push!! :)
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look great. You are a new person
  • LuvSteno
    LuvSteno Posts: 24
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome. Your hard work really paid off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!