3 weeks and still nothing

Options

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I so agree because that is what has happened to me in just under 2 months. My focus has changed, I've learned a bunch and even at 59 am totally into this whole concept you are talking about;) And it's about time, for me anyway:) I want to puke when I see all the false advertising and the fad diets and all you need is to lose weight. People are literally dying from lack of exercise and good food, not to mention jumping out of windows. Ok, maybe they have more creative forms of suicide. But I digress, LOL! There's just so much more to this and it really isn't for the "faint of heart".
    Rofl at two conversations in one thread.

But anyway to give MY advice to the OP:

Just for a second imagine you lose all the weight you ever wanted to lose and you are the most healthy, skinny, beautiful, whatever person in the world. What then? Are you really planning on maintaining that beautiful new body of yours with that diet you are rocking right now? Hell no.

I can't say that your actual reasons are to lose weight and look "better" for other people. However, I think this is the truth 99% of the time. Aren't we capable of much more than that? Why not actually become better instead of just looking it? The thing that I think will help you the most, my friend, is to make new goals. Instead of watching numbers focus on becoming a healthy eating, active, and most of all happy individual. If you can make attempt at that you will come into this journey on a level that takes many people a long time to accomplish.

It will be so much easier on you if you learn to enjoy it and just make it what you do. Not only that, but you might become over-confident and self-loving even before you lose very much weight ;-)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    filessharenatorcom_YG6vv_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s320x240-181195.gif

It's getting heated in HERE!!!!
    =D
    Love it!!!
  • Springer007
    Springer007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes I have seen you posting this same PM all over the site like you are some sort of hero / nutritionist. You are so proud of it. Good for you. Give yourself a pat on the back. Congrats.

At least he isn't some mean little guy who makes small minded personal remarks on other people's photo's and then tries to save face by editing afterwards....Have fun doing what you do, but go learn more before you attack other people you don't know at all.....

save face? How am I trying to save face. She said she did not want a 1500 calorie body, and I clearly told her she did not have one. Then I made it even more clear and placed her more at an 1800 calorie kind of gal. How is that attemting to save face?

Thankfully most people get along quite well without your highly intelligent advice....:noway: :frown:

Someone needs to give you advice on a make over.
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I so agree because that is what has happened to me in just under 2 months. My focus has changed, I've learned a bunch and even at 59 am totally into this whole concept you are talking about;) And it's about time, for me anyway:) I want to puke when I see all the false advertising and the fad diets and all you need is to lose weight. People are literally dying from lack of exercise and good food, not to mention jumping out of windows. Ok, maybe they have more creative forms of suicide. But I digress, LOL! There's just so much more to this and it really isn't for the "faint of heart".
    Rofl at two conversations in one thread.

But anyway to give MY advice to the OP:

Just for a second imagine you lose all the weight you ever wanted to lose and you are the most healthy, skinny, beautiful, whatever person in the world. What then? Are you really planning on maintaining that beautiful new body of yours with that diet you are rocking right now? Hell no.

I can't say that your actual reasons are to lose weight and look "better" for other people. However, I think this is the truth 99% of the time. Aren't we capable of much more than that? Why not actually become better instead of just looking it? The thing that I think will help you the most, my friend, is to make new goals. Instead of watching numbers focus on becoming a healthy eating, active, and most of all happy individual. If you can make attempt at that you will come into this journey on a level that takes many people a long time to accomplish.

It will be so much easier on you if you learn to enjoy it and just make it what you do. Not only that, but you might become over-confident and self-loving even before you lose very much weight ;-)

That is so awesome. It really does come down to that every time in my mind. So easy to get there too. Make it something you do and it'll become something you love. Make it something you love and it'll most definitely become something you do.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Yes I have seen you posting this same PM all over the site like you are some sort of hero / nutritionist. You are so proud of it. Good for you. Give yourself a pat on the back. Congrats.

At least he isn't some mean little guy who makes small minded personal remarks on other people's photo's and then tries to save face by editing afterwards....Have fun doing what you do, but go learn more before you attack other people you don't know at all.....

save face? How am I trying to save face. She said she did not want a 1500 calorie body, and I clearly told her she did not have one. Then I made it even more clear and placed her more at an 1800 calorie kind of gal. How is that attemting to save face?

Thankfully most people get along quite well without your highly intelligent advice....:noway: :frown:

LOL...I rest my case - he's reverting back to petty insults and personal remarks....:laugh: Excuse me while I go and hide in a corner because some unknown bald stranger on the internet thinks I need a make over!:laugh: :drinker:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    maybe u need to change ur eating habits...i changed my habits and im losing weight i set my goal at 1200 calories but i dont eat past 7pm i cut a lot of bread and pasta out i drink mostly water or crystal lights at time ,i added more veggies and fruits a lot more protein im trying to get a little more fiber in i work out at least 3-4 times a week if im hungry late at night i eat fruit.

Did you know that eating bread and pasta after weight lifting builds muscles?
    Muscles help burn fat....

Unless you have some type of allergy to carbs I would stick with eating about 20% below TDEE and workout about 3x a week.

Dont even get me started on potatoes!!!!!
    MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

This springer guy is just another DB!

Put $50 in the DB jar Springer!!!!
    DouchebagJar.jpg
  • imafluffypuffybear
    Options
    you should look what u r eating
    1500, i think its a bit too much when u wanna lose 80lbs
    try the 30 day shred it really helps type it on youtube u can watch it free
    the main thing is just look what u eating :)
  • FCHS2016
    FCHS2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try using a website called blogilates.com I was the same way not losing anything until I found this website. It hurts yes and it takes work to finish a whole video sometimes but time tells and it works. Just try it!!!!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    You're a lot of help, feeding the fire:laugh:

This springer guy is just another DB!

Put $50 in the DB jar Springer!!!!
    DouchebagJar.jpg
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary you are mostly consuming processed foods :( If you were to eat the same amount of calories but kept it clean, you would be dropping a lot of weight. Google clean eating and look at my diary to get an idea of what clean eating looks like. You can do this!! PS: you should only worry about sugar that isn't naturally found in foods (added sugars).
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    you should look what u r eating
    1500, i think its a bit too much when u wanna lose 80lbs
    try the 30 day shred it really helps type it on youtube u can watch it free
    the main thing is just look what u eating :)

The amount you eat is relative to your Height, weight, body fat and age.
    What if she burns 3k a day.
    Cutting 50% off would ensure muscle loss.

It's far easier to lose fat and muscle as opposed to gaining muscle without fat.
  • Jbrewer50
    Jbrewer50 Posts: 1
    Options
    Giving up should not even be in your vocabulary. You should look at tracking your food as a life style. Just keep on going. This is the first time I have consistently tracked my food for nearly 6 months now and I have lost 38 pounds. I am 61 years old and have tried everything on the planet. I think this works for me because I do it no matter what, even if I mess up I put it in my chart. It keeps me going. Sometimes when you start working out you begin to build muscle where there was fat before and muscle can weigh more. It just looks like you are not loosing while you are muscle building. Soon the muscle will begin burning calories faster than fat. Do not give up. This is your life not a short term race.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I noticed a couple of things and I'm only chiming in because you asked.
    If it were me I would skip the white bread and choose Rye or Ezekiel (found in the frozen section at the grocery store)
    I would substitute your peanut butter for fresh ground peanuts.. and only 1.5 tablespoons

Cut out Soda or drop to 1 a day.

Eat every 2-3 hours from the moment you wake up. This will help get your metabolism going and keep it going.

Incorporate more fresh fruit and vegetables. Eat at least one salad a day and NEVER skip a meal.
    I personally don't eat snacks that are sweet, because this is my lifestyle. I also only buy foods that don't have a nutritional label. Which means I cook all of my own food.

Good luck. I'd love to be a friend if you want one.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the advice on here (sugar and carbs). However, the times of day these are taken in will effect you differently as well. I eat my fruit and such in the middle of the day. I try and eat my carbs in the morning or early afternoon. NO sugars or carbs for this gal before bed! If I have to eat before bed, I go for protein.

Good-luck!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Your diet is all processed sugar, processed fake sugar and other processed foods. You need a lot more protein. Drop all the processed stuff and diet soda's. Add fruits and veggies. Keep the calories right where they are at 1500. Drink water.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    OP- You're probably just retaining water due to your sharp increase in exercise. Keep on with the 1500 and things will work out in the end. The scale isn't telling you the whole story right now.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    First of all, good on you for sticking with this journey and asking for guidance when the going gets tough! You can do it!

Clearly there are a lot of people with different opinions.....different things work for different people. The key to this lifestyle change (and hopefully that's how you're viewing it) is to figure out what works for YOU. Make healthy choices and the results will follow. You will hit bumps in the road and then you change things up and BAM off to the races again!

From what I'm seeing I would highly recommend that you clean up your eating habits before anything else. With the amount that you are aiming to lose, 1500 cal/day should be sufficient for a bit.....but chances are very likely that if you keep working out like you are, you will have to increase. ( I would suggest finding out what your BMR and TDEE are just for reference). Cut the pre-packaged food......that can be such a hindrance in itself. As for the sugar, I would say cut out any specialty drinks (and per-packaged food). For example, iced coffee is soooooo yummy but check the nutritional information.....1 of those suckers is a killer in the sugar department! If you eliminate the majority of the fast food, pre-packaged, and sugary drinks, you probably won't have to worry so much about the fruit. Also, don't worry about the diet soda. I have lost 60lbs and 27inches in 10 months still drinking 1 diet coke/day. Water! DRINK WATER! TONS OF WATER. 8 cups/glasses is very subjective. Get BIG water bottles and fill those suckers up and drink morning until night. It truly does make a difference! I also don't believe you have to eliminate carbs. I think you have to make healthy choices and stay away from anything white (although I eat white rice, so that is my exception) but MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE! If you want this to be sustainable, your changes must be something that you can live with for the rest of your life! This is where the success comes in!

Good luck and I hope that you are successful in finding your balance!

Amen :)
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I know you have heard this or I should say, read this already, but just because you are logging food does not mean ,you are going to lose weight.
    1. No skipping meals.
    2. Drink water...and plenty of it
    3. Soda or gatorade for breakfast? I don't care if a coke is zero calories, it is crap...and probably hurting your stomach.
    4. Way to many carbs! Excess sugar and carbs causes your pancreas to release more insulin. If not all used, gets stored as FAT. Not saying you need to give up the carbs or go Atkins but you need more lean protein, more healthy fats and less carbs...expecially refined ones like white bread.
    5. Snacks. Potato chips, goldfish...uh no. There are two theories on snacking. Some say 5-6 small meals. Others say three square and that is it. Doesn't matter what your preference is. However, your snacks need to be something like nuts, protein bar or shake, sliced cucumber or tomato, cottage cheese, cheese slices. Again more protein. Protein makes you feel full...
    6. Drink more water.

I don't want you to think that I am not being supportive. I am just trying to shed some light on some poor choices. Not all calories are created equal. Hopefully the feedback you got will help you adjust your eating habits and get you jumpstarted. Good luck!
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

The amount you eat is relative to your Height, weight, body fat and age.
    What if she burns 3k a day.
    Cutting 50% off would ensure muscle loss.

It's far easier to lose fat and muscle as opposed to gaining muscle without fat.
    [/quote]

Exactly... 1500 calories may not be enough if she is exercising regularly... knowing your BMI, TDEE, going to the Dr to get bloodwork done (just to make sure everything is A-OK) and speaking with a dietician about a healthy diet will help a lot. Keep your head up. Kudos to you for making it in and logging everything. That's the first step!! Good luck to you!