Weird Combos?

Replies

• Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    peanut butter and cream cheese on a cinnamon graham cracker. :love:
  • well now I know what thread to read when I want to lose my appetite ;)
    most of these combos aren't for me lol, the most I stretch it is cheez whiz and jam on toast

Exactly what I was thinking, talk about killing my appetite! LOL My hubby loves Chik fi La fries with ketchup & mayo, yuck. I have to admit to having a liking for ketchup on scrambled eggs:embarassed:

I think you can put cottage cheese with anything so those combos don't seem to weird to me.

Demetria
  • Peanut butter goes with everything apparently.

I use to, before I started eating better, eat peanut butter in Spaghetti-Os with Dave's Insanity Sauce.

I use to love peanut butter in my spaghetti-o's and ravioli. I will also have to second that peanut butter goes with just about everything.

I love milk toast!
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    I love to dip my french fries in honey - the combo of salty and sweet is really good. If I have a burger with those fries I will sometimes even dip that in honey as well.

I also dip grilled cheese sandwiches or quesadillas in ketchup.

Oh - and I always dip my toast in the leftover cereal milk.

I think I have an addiction to "dipping" things...
  • Ketchup on eggs, grilled cheese, and mac and cheese if I'm feeling really odd.

I like to mix A1 with sour cream and put it on my baked potato too.
  • Wow - I thought using my pretzels instead of croutons on a salad was out there.

I am extremely curious. How does one come up with these combos? I'm not knocking them - I love the sweet/salty combo as much as the next person. But I truly don't know how someone comes up with putting these flavors together (peanut butter & ketchup; peanut butter bread dipped in chili; etc.)? Do you literally have each item sitting on the counter and accidentally knock them into each other (like the old Reese Cup commercial) or is "necessity the mother of these inventions" where these are the only things in the cupboard? Or is it cravings (which I've always found fascinating - your body telling you what it wants to eat)?

:laugh: I just caught this... everyone on this thread is either stoners or ex-stoners or at the very least experimented.
  • :bigsmile: Right on with that one. Too funny! :laugh:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Bacon and chocolate

..and it's available in one gourmet chocolate bar.

AND I ATE ONE TODAY :smile:

Where did u get it? I saw it at Fresh Market the other day and it was $6.99. Don't know if I wanna drop that much on a caloric nightmare :bigsmile:

Buy yourself some Hormel Microwave Ready Bacon and a Hershey bar and put 'em in your mouth at the same time. :laugh:

Yeah seriously, I could buy a pound of bacon and like 5 Hershey's bars for $7! Buuuuuttttt that's not the point....it's gourmet, geeze (le vosges I think) :laugh:
  • I am not a stoner.....or ex stoner.....I have issues with inhaling.........LOL

I wanted to be a chef .......so experiments were common
    and after my gastric bypass I did learn to mix things in my cottage cheese to boost the protien in smooth foods for my pouch.

I am not a fan of ketchup.....I rarely eat it.....so adding it to anything is odd to me.......I do like to see what y'all are into tho.....

I like french fries in mayo.....not miracle whip......pizza in ranch or with salsa

garlic or celery salt on my popcorn

doritos in cream cheese

omg.....choco cake frosting in a glass of milk and stir.....it tuns into choco milk and yet you get eally cold bits of choco in the bottom of the glass.....extra treat when done with milk.....YUM-O!!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    doritos in cream cheese

Loooooooooooooove that! Used to eat it all the time, I mean, A LOT! I'm sure it's part of the reason I'm here at MFP today!
    peanut butter and cream cheese on a cinnamon graham cracker.

That sounds delicious!
  • toots99
    Bbq chips dipped in cream cheese

YUM

I like this too...can we see a pattern here? It's all about the cream cheese! :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    I second the macaroni with ketchup!

Funny! My 8yo will not eat mac n cheese w/out ketchup!! She also uses ketchup on her eggs, any kind of meat (chicken, beef, pork), dipping grilled cheese in ketchup. Thank goodness I buy the organic ketchup (regular ketchup has HFCS)!!
  • MMMMM! I :heart: ketchup and grilled cheese!
  • MMMMM! I :heart: ketchup and grilled cheese!

Usually I only do the ketchup and grilled cheese if I don't have tomato soup to dip it in.
  • toots99
    MMMMM! I :heart: ketchup and grilled cheese!

Usually I only do the ketchup and grilled cheese if I don't have tomato soup to dip it in.

Yummm, grilled cheese and tomato soup. :love:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Peanut butter, banana & Mayo. Lotsa mayo (now Miracle Whip Lite).

Casper! My mom makes a similar thing for dessert- it's bannas rolled in mayo and then rolled in peanuts. She puts it in the fridge and it is delicious. Who would know! She says it's a "country" thing, she grew up in Eastern KY. But man, your post made me think of the delicious, if strange, desserts of my childhood.

On a separate note, probably the weirdest thing I eat is salt on my watermelon and sometimes my granny smith apples.

My sister in law eats a bunch of weird stuff though- stuff like salt and vinegar potato chips dipped in mustard. Or KFC gravy plain, or vienna sausages dipped in a mix of mustard and ketchup. :sick:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Peanut butter, banana & Mayo. Lotsa mayo (now Miracle Whip Lite).

Casper! My mom makes a similar thing for dessert- it's bannas rolled in mayo and then rolled in peanuts. She puts it in the fridge and it is delicious. Who would know! She says it's a "country" thing, she grew up in Eastern KY. But man, your post made me think of the delicious, if strange, desserts of my childhood.

On a separate note, probably the weirdest thing I eat is salt on my watermelon and sometimes my granny smith apples.

My sister in law eats a bunch of weird stuff though- stuff like salt and vinegar potato chips dipped in mustard. Or KFC gravy plain, or vienna sausages dipped in a mix of mustard and ketchup. :sick:

Hey do you live in KY? I am at UK now in grad school...originally from western KY and we don't eat weird things like bananas + mayo + peanuts there :laugh: We do things like put peanuts in a coke bottle though..at least mayo isn't involved...
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Bbq chips dipped in cream cheese

YUM

I like this too...can we see a pattern here? It's all about the cream cheese! :laugh:

Cheez-Its in cream cheese is good too. :tongue:
  • I think Cream Cheese has gotta be another one of those awesome foods that goes well with just about anything too:smile: It can be used as a dip, spread, melt, etc. :heart: :tongue: :heart:
  • toots99
    The best cream cheese dish is what a friend and I call "Cream Cheez Dee-lite". Spread cream cheese on the bottom of a casserole dish, then layer a can of chili on top of that, then top it with a ton of shredded cheese and bake it until the cheese on top is melty and crispy brown and serve it with chips. It's like hell in a dish calorie-wise, but Heaven in your mouth!

You can even use low fat cream cheese, turkey chili, and low fat shredded cheese. Not that much better calorie-wise, but it's still good! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.