Insignificant, but HUGE NSV to me.

Options
InnerFatGirl
InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
On a whim, I decided to pop into my local charity shop. I was picking out some clothes to try, and I came across this GORGEOUS Asos dress.

Alas, it was a size (UK) 8 (US size 4) :( I am a size 14 right now (US 10?), and only intend to get to a size 10-12 (US 6?).

But ... I just had to try it. I never even expected to be able to get it past my arms.

Well?

179568_4326729086839_1251158251_n.jpg

553293_4326946572276_809844297_n.jpg

Okay. So it doesn't fit, FIT, yet.

But I can breathe in it and, hey, if I can get it on now, it's going to fit like a glove when I get to goal!

I am honestly SO pleased and proud. I usually leave changing rooms feeling down and depressed about my appearence. This time, I felt elated. I mean, an ASOS dress in a SIZE 8?!?!!? Their sizes are notorious for coming up small.

That's my NSV for today :flowerforyou:

I also bought this;

575715_4326800008612_1663255411_n.jpg

Replies

• tubaman58
    tubaman58 Posts: 151
    Options
    Cherish any victories :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I think you look beautiful ....... great work :drinker:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Wow IFG!!! That dress is HOTT!!! YOu look great in both already. I know you will be completely please once you reach your goal. I cant imagine that you have too much more to lose. YOu look fantastic already. such a lovely shape too :flowerforyou:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Looks like it fits to me. Maybe not work appropriate but for a night out, why the hell not? :D
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

They are all cherished :)

Thank you :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I think you look beautiful ....... great work :drinker:

Thank you :):blushing:
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Wow IFG!!! That dress is HOTT!!! YOu look great in both already. I know you will be completely please once you reach your goal. I cant imagine that you have too much more to lose. YOu look fantastic already. such a lovely shape too :flowerforyou:

Thank you! You should see it in real life. It. Looks. AMAZING. I can't WAIT to reach goal. Not long to go now :)

I have 17.5lbs left to lose, so yeah, not much more to lose :)

Thank you again x
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I go through the same confusion. Sometimes I wear a US 10, sometimes a US 6. I think it has something to do with how you are shaped not just your weight... I meet women who are visually bigger than I am but weigh less...does that happen to you?

BTW, you look great!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    This is great! Good for you!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Looks like it fits to me. Maybe not work appropriate but for a night out, why the hell not? :D

Haha, trust me, it doesn't fit properly yet. It's not exactly easy to get off. I don't want to ruin it before I can enjoy it.

Another 10lbs, and it'll fit better. And when I get to goal, it'll probably fit perfectly ;)

I would so wear this to work :laugh: with tights, of course. And maybe a blazer. And a bra. LOL.
  • tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! You will be rocking both dresses.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I go through the same confusion. Sometimes I wear a US 10, sometimes a US 6. I think it has something to do with how you are shaped not just your weight... I meet women who are visually bigger than I am but weigh less...does that happen to you?

BTW, you look great!

Yeah, I think it has a lot to do with the way the dress it as well. If it was closed back, it may not have fitted. And if my waist wasn't so small, it might not have fitted. I am totally shocked it fit my hips, though. The material is also slightly stretchy.

As for women being visually bigger but weighing less, I think it has a lot to do with body type/shape and muscle:fat ratio :flowerforyou:

And thank you :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Awesome NSV! You will be rocking both dresses.

Thank you, thank you :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    This is great! Good for you!

Thank you!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Damn girl, you rock that dress even now!

Love your tattoos. <3
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    That is a kick *kitten* dress. Great job!
  • Kourtne_KK
    Kourtne_KK Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    girl you have some AMAZING curves! Keep it up!
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Damn girl. I would in no way consider that dress insignificant.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options

This~!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    girl you have some AMAZING curves! Keep it up!

*blush* thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!