Rethinking my weight goal? 5'6" female help please :)

Options
Hello! I am 5'6" My goal is to be 150lbs, and currently I am 164lbs. My measurements are 38-28.5-39. But lately I'm thinking that maybe my goal is too high (weight wise) and I could possibly be looking to weigh lower than that? I know that muscle weighs more than fat does, and that will play a part into it, and also how comfortable I feel at 150 (once I finally get there! :) ) but I'm wondering maybe what the average weight for 5'6" is? Or maybe what goals some people at my height have reached? If it helps, the look I want is leaner, but definitely muscular.

I know that I should probably just wait it out until I actually am 150, but I just wanted to see is my goal reasonable?

Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    I am obviously not a female, but I would say that 120-140 is probably about where you are going to want to be. I cannot say 100% certain but just depends on how comfortable you feel. Muscles take a long time to build and thats after you lose weight and begin building muscle off of a deficit. Hope any of this helps.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Really - I don't think it matters what you set as a goal. It's an arbitrary number that is probably going to chance once you get closer.
    I'm 5'4" and will be happy to get back to around 70kg (about 153 pounds) because that is where I feel good - but we're all different and you won't know till you get there.
    You might find it more productive to focus on setting up healthy eating and exercise habits that will last you a lifetime - if you do that you won't ever have to worry about goal weights again!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Your measurements look small for someone your weight, so it sounds like you have a lot of muscle and not too much extra fat. Have you been 150 before?
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" my and goal is to be 150...

in high school I got down to 150 but had almost NO muscle and I looked horribly anorexic...
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Obviously not a female but I am also 5ft 6" and I would say 135 to 145, I am 140 pounds at the moment, good luck :)
  • maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Your measurements look small for someone your weight, so it sounds like you have a lot of muscle and not too much extra fat. Have you been 150 before?

I haven't been 150 probably since I was like 15 and I'm twenty now. I honestly can't remember how much I weighed when I thought I looked good or felt good. I promise those are my measurements though! Just measured a couple days ago and couldn't believe it! hahaha :)
  • indescribablesin
    Options
    It all depends on how you carry your weight, how much muscle you have, and so on. At 5'6" somewhere between 120 - 150 lbs sounds about right. If you reach 150 and aren't satisfied, adjust your goal by 5 - 20 lbs and keep going.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    ok. So I am ALMOST 5'7" and have a lot of muscle mass.... I am 23% body fat

I currently weigh 153, and I don't think I'll be seeing anything less the 145 if I keep eating/training at the level I do. (I shouldn't eat less, and I shouldn't train more.)

096.jpg

This was at a recent race, so you can see what I look like at 153(ish)
  • Homa24
    Homa24 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm 5'5", doing the wait and see approach as well, started 164, now 154, shooting for 130 but I just read a thread where people taller than me were aiming for 120(!) so it is hard to know. See how you feel when you reach your goal! Also, I was probably 130 in middle school so I have no concept of my goal weight on my adult body.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I am 152.2 and my measurements are
    Chest 34.5
    Waist at smallest point 28"
    Natural waist 31"
    Hips 35"
    Thighs 22"

My happy range is 150-155.
    ETA I am 5'6.5" nad I wear a 6-8 in pants and small to med in tops. Good luck whatever you decide, you will know when you get there: )
  • maddiey
    Options
    It all depends on how you carry your weight, how much muscle you have, and so on. At 5'6" somewhere between 120 - 150 lbs sounds about right. If you reach 150 and aren't satisfied, adjust your goal by 5 - 20 lbs and keep going.

That sounds like I good idea, I was considering that actually.

See to me, 150 sounds tiny, but I've seen many people on this site my height weighing like 125 and wanting to be like 118! And to me that just seems soooo unobtainable. Maybe like 140 or 145 I could get.
  • cocono
    cocono Posts: 22
    Options
    They sound like Marilyn Mnroe measurements to be quite proud of. My daughter is 21 and weighs around 125 - 130 lbs - she is 5'5'. She has muscles from dancing. She looks great and fits into size 8 (Aus) in most styles.
  • jayraycee
    jayraycee Posts: 33
    Options
    I personally think you already look fantastic! I would be happy as a clam:)
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey Maddiey I am gonna bump this because I would like to know too! You and I have similar goal weights and we are the same size. I am 5'6 168lbs and I have found that I have be rethinking my goal weight (155lbs) too! I have been told that at our height our weight should be some where around 124-154lbs. Don't know for sure though
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 135 pds. with measurements of 36-29-38, size 6/8. I agree with the person who said your measurements seem small for 160, but everyone carries it differently. Get to 150 and see what you think. :flowerforyou:

ETA: Forgot to add that my weight falls right in the middle of the healthy BMI range and my body fat % (forgot the actual #) but know it was in the healthy range too - in case that matters...
  • maddiey
    Options
    ok. So I am ALMOST 5'7" and have a lot of muscle mass.... I am 23% body fat

I currently weigh 153, and I don't think I'll be seeing anything less the 145 if I keep eating/training at the level I do. (I shouldn't eat less, and I shouldn't train more.)

096.jpg

This was at a recent race, so you can see what I look like at 153(ish)

That's the body type I'm aiming for, you look great by the way!
  • maddiey
    Options
    I personally think you already look fantastic! I would be happy as a clam:)

Haha thank you very much! :)
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6". I know from my past that I can look good at and maintain 145 - 150 comfortably. Any lower than that and it becomes a struggle for me. I'm somewhat large boned. My step-daughter on the other hand has a slight build and looks good around 120. It really depends kn your body.
  • maddiey
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 135 pds. with measurements of 36-29-38, size 6/8. I agree with the person who said your measurements seem small for 150, but everyone carries it differently. Get to 150 and see what you think. :flowerforyou:

My measurements are similar but I still wear a size 10! I want to wear like you, 6 or 8.
  • loremarcas
    loremarcas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im alos 5'6 and my goal is 150. Ive ben working out for about two years now and regularly for the past 6 months. I have lost inches but at last weigh in, im at 172lbs. I think 135-145 would be too thin for me, but it depends on how comfortable you are and how toned your body is (I think thats more important that how much you actually weigh). Good luck!