Rethinking my weight goal? 5'6" female help please :)

Options

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You'll probably be lower than that once you finish P90X. Just keep with your goals when you started the program, you'll end up with great results. Continue the workouts and eat right....then once your finished you can reassess and set new goals.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'6" My goal is to be 150lbs, and currently I am 164lbs. My measurements are 38-28.5-39. But lately I'm thinking that maybe my goal is too high (weight wise) and I could possibly be looking to weigh lower than that? I know that muscle weighs more than fat does, and that will play a part into it, and also how comfortable I feel at 150 (once I finally get there! :) ) but I'm wondering maybe what the average weight for 5'6" is? Or maybe what goals some people at my height have reached? If it helps, the look I want is leaner, but definitely muscular.

I know that I should probably just wait it out until I actually am 150, but I just wanted to see is my goal reasonable?

Thanks everyone :)

Get to 150lbs first and see how you feel, then you can make your decision. You have 14lbs left to go yet and a lot can happen in that time regarding your shape.
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", to the people saying 120-140lbs that would be on a small frame I'm sure, when I was 5'5" at 11 years old doing track, dance, cross country running, skiing and handball (plus I did the tour de l'ile biking) I was 145lbs, I was NOT fat. My goal is to get to 170lbs and figure out if I should be losing 5 or 10 or 20 at that point. BMI calculators state that you can be a healthy weight at 5'6" anywhere between 115lbs (scary to me) and 155lbs. Take a look at your fitness level, body fat percentage and how you feel in your clothes. I weigh 210lbs right now down from my heaviest 251lbs, most people assume 170lbs (haha, I wish) so I'd probably be really emaciated looking at 140, if my body fat percentage is good and I'm healthy and fit I really couldn't care less if I'm "technically" a little overweight.

I get really pissed off at guys, who know NOTHING about women and their bodies, telling them they need to weight between 120 and 140lbs because "that's what all women are supposed to weigh" or some stupid sh...
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height and of a similar build (as in when I am your weight I will look have similar measurements) and I am aiming for 148!
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", to the people saying 120-140lbs that would be on a small frame I'm sure, when I was 5'5" at 11 years old doing track, dance, cross country running, skiing and handball (plus I did the tour de l'ile biking) I was 145lbs, I was NOT fat. My goal is to get to 170lbs and figure out if I should be losing 5 or 10 or 20 at that point. BMI calculators state that you can be a healthy weight at 5'6" anywhere between 115lbs (scary to me) and 155lbs. Take a look at your fitness level, body fat percentage and how you feel in your clothes. I weigh 210lbs right now down from my heaviest 251lbs, most people assume 170lbs (haha, I wish) so I'd probably be really emaciated looking at 140, if my body fat percentage is good and I'm healthy and fit I really couldn't care less if I'm "technically" a little overweight.

I get really pissed off at guys, who know NOTHING about women and their bodies, telling them they need to weight between 120 and 140lbs because "that's what all women are supposed to weigh" or some stupid sh...

You're dead right when I was teenager all of my friends were 8 stone, I was 10.5 we were all the same size but I used to get awful jibes about not weighing 8 stone - If I did I would be in hospital - honestly 140lbs was too light!
  • Sissy1074
    Sissy1074 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6.5"... My goal weight is 165. That is what I weighed while I was on Active duty in the Marine Corps. I was at 22% body fat and had to have a "weight waiver" because I was over my max weight for my height (147). When I graduated boot camp I was 147 and looked like a skeleton. I was a size 10. I want to get back to a 12-14 where I felt and looked healthy. I carry my weight all over (blessed with being well proportioned).

As of this morning, I am at 237.6 5 weeks and 5 days into my weight loss journey! Averaging a 2 pound weight loss per week. I never really put much into the whole big boned theory until I had multiple doctors tell me I am... I know I will never be a size 6 and I am okay with that!

Do what you feel is right for you! We are all so different! Good Luck!
  • rmbslo
    rmbslo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" also and my original gw was 140. Once I got down to 145 I knew I wanted to change my GW to 135. You will know as you get closer what is best for you. I also have seen the girls who have a GW of under 125 that are 5'6" and I cannot image. When I was in my 20's I was that weight but not now. After two babies and my body changes I think 135 is perfect for me. Good luck and don't worry too much about it, your body will be your guide. I have listened to my body not the scale :) I will send you an add so we can become friends!!!
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm 29.5 waist 38.5 hips 5'6" 146 lbs ive been happy since 157 when just getting out of an 8 or a loose 8 and randomly fitting 4s now I just took those measurement s tonight tho when figuring body fat % and got 25.9% and then found out ur supposed to measure after a good sleep of 7-8 hours. Hope this helps anyway ;) Ps I weighed 133 on my honeymoon 8 years ago no exercise. I have the same pair of 9 Jr. Low rise levis that were tight as freak then and they are too big now.
    Now I'm getting 32 28 36.5 which probably means idk what the heck I'm doing.
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and our measurements are almost the same. I'm 34/29/39 and weigh 161 currently. My original goal was 155lbs but I've lowered it to 150. What I really want though is to get my body fat between 26-28% . Right now its still almost 35% so I have a ways to go. It might be I'll be closer to 142-145 when I hit my BF goal - will just have to see.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    The healthy weight range for a woman 5'6 is 118-155 pounds, so at 150 you are fine. I'm also 5'6 and my goal weight is 130 because that's the weight I look and feel best at, plus it's right where my doctor says I should be. But at 150 I wouldn't be overweight or fat, because that is also a healthy weight for my height.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    ok. So I am ALMOST 5'7" and have a lot of muscle mass.... I am 23% body fat

I currently weigh 153, and I don't think I'll be seeing anything less the 145 if I keep eating/training at the level I do. (I shouldn't eat less, and I shouldn't train more.)

096.jpg

This was at a recent race, so you can see what I look like at 153(ish)

Incredible! This is what I want right here. A fit physique that isn't dependent on what the scale says. I have never had that. I have been skinny fat at 110 and super obese at 245. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be FIT.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'5- 5'6 and my goal is 150-160. at the moment my lean body mass is 131 pounds so 150-160 puts me at a range of 18-20% body fat which is my ultimate goal. that should also put me in a size 6. i have a large frame and i've been smaller than that but i looked like crackhead

I am 5'4.5 and my goal is in 160ish. My lean body mass is 130ish as well and I am shooting for 20-23% body fat.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    im 5 6 and was heading for 147lbs .... i am currently 161 and just re set my weight goal to 140 ......

Im also looking to be more muscular (even looking to go for visible abs) Ill re *kitten* when I get closer .... let the mirror tell you when you reach your ideal weight/size/shape .... lbs are only a guide line
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weight 142 and my UGW is 130lbs. I'm a pear shape 34-27-40.5 with a medium frame.... It will depend on muscle ratio to fat ratio and body type and frame size....

If you're a large frame 140-155 is good. medium frame 130-145 is good. Small frame 115-130 is good. Is that range I believe.
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    bump.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Why worry about setting your goal lower now? Keep this goal and once you reach it, you can look in the mirror and determine if you like what you see or if you still want to make changes.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I set my goal weight at 130 lbs. I'm around 133-135lbs right now.

Edited to add that I am no longer worried about weight anymore. It's more about where you feel best.
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I say do you BMI and try to get your weight to fit in somewhere around there.
    My weight goal right now is at the high end of average healthy BMI. Once I get there if I feel the need to go less I will. :)
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I think 150lbs is a great goal especially if you are incorporating any sort of weight training into your workouts. I'm 5'8 and I'm shooting for the 155 to 160 range.
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 5.5 inches and I way 131 ish....My original goal was 136....Use the tools at the top to figure out what your healthy weight range is and pick a number you feel comfortable with!Good luck! You can do it!