SAHM 9/20-9/27

lettuceb
lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Welcome :smile: We are a group of Stay at home moms that support and motivate each other about family, diet, fitness...you name it!

Feel free to join and jump right in!

Replies

• lettuceb
    Angl--thanks for the bday wishes and yes! The meds are finally working :smile: and Caden is doing well now. He loves pre-school!

I am hoping to start working out again by Wednesday....it is so hard to get back into a routine :grumble: when you have been sick.

One of the presents my hubby got me is an iTouch so I bought an application to track my calories on it so that when I am out I can put them in right away.....hope it helps :smile:
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Oooh, I have iTouch envy! That's on my wish list. LOL

I weighed in this morning at.....244.8. Which means my goal weight is officially UNDER 100 lbs away. 99.8, to be exact, but I'll take it!! :drinker: :laugh:
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Good morning! I missed checking in this weekend. Between my son's birthday party, MIL, SIL & nephew coming too, and just the normal weekend stuff on top of it, I didn't get a chance to even log my food.

lettuce - I'm glad you're feeling better. :flowerforyou: Just take it easy, and don't rush back into exercising too quickly.

My dh is in IT also. He is the IT Manager of a small, family owned company in Charlotte, NC. They also have an office in Greensboro, NC. Don't let the fancy title fool you too much. He is the IT Manager and has all the managerial rights over all IT equipment and procedures; however, he IS the IT Department. He's the only IT person for both offices. And starting the 2nd weekend in October, he will be working 7 days a week at the Renaissance Festival. For the past several years, he has worked in Safety Services which is a combination of security and first aid. He is for the moment still a certified EMT because he used to be a volunteer firefighter.

I'm fine with continuing the water challenge this week. I didn't meet the challenge last week.

Stacey & angl - I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!

Angie - :drinker: :flowerforyou: Good job with the weight loss! That's wonderful!

Uh, I just noticed how long my post is. Maybe I should have posted this weekend after all. :laugh:
  • lettuceb
    Angiered---Congrats on getting closer to your goal! Keep up the good work. I haven't played too much with the iTouch yet but am getting there. It is really cool.

Amy--one of my dh's clients is the Cherokee Foundation which is in NC but not sure where. He has been there before so I will have to ask him. Right now he is working on some stuff for the White House so they have him going crazy! Mostly he works from home and I swear he is always on the phone but I love having him here.

Going to try the water challenge especially helps with this yucky taste in my mouth!

Keep up the good work Ladies!!!
  • Sun 09/20/09 11:08 PMhi girls.

i am rejoining the world at large again. i can get so busy at holiday times it is crazy. i read all the posts since last wednesday so i am all caught up.

lettuce - glad to hear you and caden are feeling better.

amy - thanks for the holiday wishes. how is doggie?

stacy - glad to hear you had a great holiday.

angie - nice to meet you.

well the holidays were pleasant but very busy. i packed up two of the meals and brought everything over to my in-laws and we ate there . as i mentioned my father in-laws wife is really sick so they really apprieciated the effort. mostly drank my water - with two of the meals i had diet drinks (my father in law wanted to "treat me" so he bought diet coke and diet tea for the meals i brought over.)

last wed and thursday cooked all day, did nothing else (except eat lots of junk food). once the holiday started the eating basically came under control again .fri - sun walked at least 45 min a day.

i don't want to get on the scale to see if i was able to maintain my weight. i'll just wait and do my usual friday weigh in (which i skipped this past friday.)

are we adding a new habit to this week or should we give water one more week to become an engrained habit?

btw - my dh is a total workaholic. he thinks 110 hour work week is a slow week.
  • posted this morning in the wrong place so i reposted it here.

it is early evening by me already so no more eating for me. drank my water and ate pretty well. played catch up most of the day with house work and laundry. plus i did some laundry. in the afternoon i tackled some more laundry.

tomorrow i want to go back to the gym and really get my heart rate up on the elliptical.
    and then i will try to catch up on the LAUNDRY.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    good afternoon! i did 2 workouts today and ab ripper x! yes, getting obsessive. but i don't care.

i gained 2 lbs over the weekend--but it can't all really be REAL. that is, even tho i didn't log my food i find it hard to believe that i ate over 2000 EXTRA cals each day (fri, sat, sun). kwim? so i'm gonna work out like crazy and didn't buy any cookies at the store--that will help me. and i'm drinking my water.

my challenge this week is the same--water, ab ripper x 3x, and no cookies/brownies etc. no frosted flakes either.

but i'm going to add some things
    --walk every morning (just like when i had to walk the puppy)
    --try an arms p90x and try a legs p90x and try core p90x (3 new dvd's for me)
    --read up on the p90x nutrition pgm

and that is all. i know it's a lot, but i've been wanting to do these things week after week. so i'll give it a try.
    and 10more days till we leave for the reunions :ohwell:

off to pick up kids--:flowerforyou:
  • angiered
    Hi Ladies! :-) What's on the plan today?

I have an appointment to get a new tattoo today. :glasses: Now I'm just trying to figure out how I'm gonna get a sports bra on over it (between my shoulder blades) for the next three weeks. Hmm....

Some shopping may be in order, for a sports bra with a back clasp (do they make those?)

Goals this week:
    *Keep moving every day. Even if I just walk around the block.
    *Drink my water and lay off of the diet sodas.
  • staceyw37
    angie--do you maybe want to put off the tatoo--use it as a reward when you hit a certain # or measurements or #minutes exercised?? then you don't have to search for a new bra! :tongue:

seriously, tho, you can get back closure sports bras. i have one by champion and it has very cushioned underwire too.
    i got mine at the bali outlet store. but you can go to their website too. or check out places like sports authority. they have a bigger selection than target or walmart. hth!
  • angiered
    Thanks! Good to know!

Unfortunately, I can't really put it off. This was part of a larger deal along with my last tattoo. lol It's all paid for. :laugh:

I need another SB anyway, so that works. :happy: Now to find one that fits. The girls are....um....ample. :blushing: :laugh:
  • staceyw37
    i hear ya angie! i like them held tight--underarmour has one that i liked (zip front) and now i like this champion one. i do NOT like to pull bras over my head and wiggle my arms in. and NO BOUNCE is important to me. good luck finding a good one for you!

hey gals--look at my ticker! one day of good eating and serious exercise and the salt and crap flushed out of me. my tummy even FEELS better today!

really gotta go! :heart:
  • staceyw37
    quiet out here today. everyone having a good day? drinking water? eating enough?

lettuce, how are you and caden feeling? are you still taking it easy? is the med helping? i certainly hope so!

well i did core of the p90x pgm today. it was hard but not impossible. the first time i ever tried it--i could not do one thing. it was so discouraging. but now after doing a few of the other dvd's, i could work thru it. i didn't do all the reps or all the right moves but i'm excited to do it again!

i've also been reading the nutrition plan. not sure if i can do it. requires a lot more protein and PB and other nuts are under the "snack" heading not protein. and fruits and veges are severely limited. i understand the rationale b/c it is primarily an exercise pgm not a wt loss pgm. just the same, i will try to incr my protein and decrease my carb, but i'm gonna keep incr my fruits and veges.

tonight is Reading Night at the school. so we will be off to that soon! hope you all have a good evening--come share your joys and challenges :heart:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Hi I'm Silver. I'm a SAHM mom to a 2 year old, Sharlotte. I joined in August and I"ve lost 8 lbs since I joined. I'm dealing with depression and I start group therapy on friday.
  • staceyw37
    welcome silver! this is a great group with changing members--keeps things interesting. congrats on losing 8# already! that's excellent! :drinker:

i hope your group therapy goes well. it's good to connect to other people. and don't be afraid to talk to your dr re: medication (now or later). sometimes that's just what is needed to then do the "work" of therapy. will be thinking of you...
  • angiered
    Hi Silver! :flowerforyou:

Stacey: I did end up putting it off. LOL I'm not ready to take three weeks to "nurse" a fresh tattoo. I have a good pace going, and I don't want to lose momentum.
  • staceyw37
    angie--good move. i feel the same way--that i'm moving forward each day and don't want to have to backpedal. the design and ink will still be there when you're ready. :smile:

I AM SO HUNGRY!! i am dealing with it by eating apple slices and grapes. and drinking water. i will be over my cals but don't care. i ate relatively clean today so this isn't gonna make me gain wt. i have succeeded in not eating cookies etc nor did i give in and chow down on the kfc left from the kids' dinner. yay me!

time to get the munchkins to bed. then i can go back to reading the bio of princess diana (mind you, this bio is from the children's sxn of the library.much shorter and tells me most of what i want to know and has the pretty pictures! :laugh: )

have a good night and we'll "talk" tomorrow :flowerforyou:
  • lettuceb
    Good Morning Ladies!

Welcome Silver and way to go on the weight loss.

I am still battling coughing and feeling fatigued so I haven't done any exercise yet which is making me feel blah!
    Yesterday was a crazy day...I was the snack and helping mom at Pre-school so no break there and then I had the middle school back to school night! AAHHHH!

Angiered- what kind of tattoo? any pics? I have 2....one on ankle and one on the back of my left shoulder. I am thinking of one more.....

Stacey---way to go on getting that salt flushed out!

My FIL bought me a 20lb Kettle ball for my bday.....:happy: now to determine what exercises I am going to do to kill myself with it. I have done squats with them before but need to look for some other moves. He offered to torture me at his gym. What a nice guy huh?:laugh:

Well, I have to go take Caden to gymnastics....everyone have a great day!
  • Silver_Dream
    Thanks for the welcome ladies. I've been feeling depressed lately, so I haven't been working out. But I'm still losing weight. It's just melting off. It's great. I'm kind of excited for my group therapy, but I'm not excited to have to get up at 6 am just to leave for it.
  • angiered
    Lettuce: I just got this one.... DSC06524.jpg

She's straight up and down in real life, but for some reason I was leaning forward in this picture. lol I'm SO in love with it. I work for a ballet company as a costumer, and I have this ridiculous things for vintage dress forms. :heart: :heart:

I was going to get some work done on my back, but it will have to wait. What I have there now is a little butterfly made from my kids' first initials (Brendan, Emma, Baylie. A *B* for each wing and a stylized E for the body. ) I want to get some flowers added in behind it. :flowerforyou:
  • Silver_Dream
    Nice tattoo, Angiered. The one on your back sounds amazing.
This discussion has been closed.