Frame Size Wrist Calculator

Options
I find height and weights can be really deceiving. Some of you might also find this interesting. To find your ideal weight based on your frame size (using your wrist measurement) go here: http://health.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Frame-Size-Wrist

I found this calculator to be extremely accurate. I am 5'4" currently 130 my GW 120lbs UGW 115lbs. I have a smallish frame (5.75" wrists ). And while my BMI puts me in a healthy range for my age, height, and weight, the wrist calculator puts me at 114lb-127lbs as my ideal weight and I 100% agree with this. While I don't put a whole lot of stock in scales, when I am healthy and at a good body fat % I definitely fall on the lower end of my BMI spectrum and maybe you do too (or it could go the other way for you). Anyway, this is just another layer for those who are in healthy BMI ranges but still feel they need to lose/gain weight.

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I always knew I had a large frame, but had a hard time figuring out what weight I should be since the standard BMI charts/calculators always seem to way lower than what I know my body would look normal at. Thank you!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Interesting. That put me at small frame (I assumed that) but gave me a really low weight.

Frame Size Small
    Ideal Weight 120 lbs - 133 lbs
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Interesting. That put me at small frame (I assumed that) but gave me a really low weight.

Frame Size Small

So it doesn't work for you? I wonder if body shape might have something to do with it. I can imagine some people look great with a little extra weight in the right areas. I am a banana/rectangle, so while I do have some butt I am pretty uniform all over and don't have mad curves. Well, I guess it goes to show there really is no perfect gauge except maybe our clothes :)
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    With a 5.5 inch wrist, this put me at a small frame, which I already suspected was the case. The weight range was from 114-127, so I feel my goal weight of 120 is right on target.
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    This is great! It calculated my ideal weight right where my goal weight is. Thanks!!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later thanks!

I know I have a small frame (from my wrist and elbow measurements) and am also rectangle shaped. So I'd like to know what it suggests as I have been working to gain and am having a maintenance pause right now.
  • gingerveg
    Options
    With a 5.5 inch wrist, this put me at a small frame, which I already suspected was the case. The weight range was from 114-127, so I feel my goal weight of 120 is right on target.

Lol aside from a a slightly smaller frame, you really do seem to be my twin!
    Awesome! I always knew I had a large frame, but had a hard time figuring out what weight I should be since the standard BMI charts/calculators always seem to way lower than what I know my body would look normal at. Thank you!

You are quite welcome! I really do think this account for some of the reasons why certain people just look better either a little bigger or smaller.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Frame Size Small

So it doesn't work for you? I wonder if body shape might have something to do with it. I can imagine some people look great with a little extra weight in the right areas. I am a banana/rectangle, so while I do have some butt I am pretty uniform all over and don't have mad curves. Well, I guess it goes to show there really is no perfect gauge except maybe our clothes :)
    . It puts me at the top of "normal" weight. Which is what I am now. I usually am about 130. Can't imagine being 5'6" and 120. But I have a fair bit of muscle (and some fat).
    My BMI is 21.4 currently.
  • thatlook
    thatlook Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    very interesting, thanks for the post!! i knew my bmi GW of 140 would make me look eewwww yucky skinny as i have broad shoulders and big hips!! i will now adjust my GW to 150 and deal with the evil bmi telling me im heavy!! lol :D x
  • ajoy1332
    ajoy1332 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is definitely more accurate then what BMI tells me. I'm 5'10" with a large frame and it says I should be 152 lbs - 173..My GW is about 160 Thanks!!
  • xipow
    xipow Posts: 58
    Options
    Male 6'4" 8.25" wrist puts me at large frame. Says ideal weight is 181-207.
    Calculating my body fat percentage gives me

Body Fat 29 %
    Fat Mass 84 lbs
    Lean Mass 206 lbs
    Body Fat Category Obese

So, if I have lean body weighing 206 lbs how can I get to an ideal of 181-207?
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    According to this, at 5'3.5" with a 6.1" wrist, I'm medium framed and apparently have an ideal weight of 121 - 135lbs.

I don't think these sort of calculators can properly take into account body shape or type, just by frame size. I have a rather large rib cage, but at the same time I have very narrow hips.

I'm aiming for 112 - 119, which seem perfectly reasonable for my height and build. I'm 128lbs now, and I'm still carrying a reasonable amount of extra pudge.
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Worked for me. I always felt my best at 160 with a 7.2 inch wrist it says I have a large frame and should weigh between 149 and 170
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Apparently it doesn't believe that men under 5' 6" exist. It just comes back "undefined".
  • gingerveg
    Options
    :grumble: Apparently it doesn't believe that men under 5' 6" exist. It just comes back "undefined".

No way *kitten* calculator!! My soulmate and the love of my life is also 5'6" btw. IMO he is the absolute perfect size for me at 5'4" :) I didn't realize smaller dudes get so much hate from the world until he pointed a few things out to me. And now even calculators, damn haters!!!
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That seems really inaccurate for me! It told me I had a large frame and that my ideal weight is about a quarter more than I weigh! And I am at high risk for fat-related health problems. I wouldn't recommend using this. Stick with BMI!
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Gender Female

Height 5'6 Wrist Circumference 5.5 inch

Frame Size Small

I agree!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options

No way *kitten* calculator!! My soulmate and the love of my life is also 5'6" btw. IMO he is the absolute perfect size for me at 5'4" :) I didn't realize smaller dudes get so much hate from the world until he pointed a few things out to me. And now even calculators, damn haters!!!

Your S.O. has a few inches on me... I wish I was 5' 6"!! Yes... being vertically challenged has its difficult moments - and apparently some online calculators are one of them. :explode:
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Male 6'4" 8.25" wrist puts me at large frame. Says ideal weight is 181-207.
    Calculating my body fat percentage gives me

Body Fat 29 %
    Fat Mass 84 lbs
    Lean Mass 206 lbs
    Body Fat Category Obese

So, if I have lean body weighing 206 lbs how can I get to an ideal of 181-207?

The chances of you losing ONLY fat are pretty slim. As your weight goes down so will your lean mass poundage.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this link!!!! My weight loss goals are right in the middle of the large frame range. I'm right on track