Day 1 Looking for friends and support!

Options
13»

Replies

• Rachelatherbest
    Rachelatherbest Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not the first to say it, but congratulations! We all need support. So, if you want to add me as a friend, we can support each other. Either way, good luck! I love fitness pal!
  • mumofflea
    mumofflea Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on week 2 and have over 100lbs to lose. We can do this.

Feel free to add :)
  • DannieGirrl
    Options
    The fact that you have Pink in your handle means we were meant to be friends!!! Add me if you want

A reply like that means we were meant to be friends! I love everything and anything pink!
  • Trjlove
    Trjlove Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome. You are off to a good start by joining here. I am a mother of two, full time student, married (so that can be mother of three). I have been classified as obese by my doctor. They say I have 80lbs over my ideal body weight, but that is another story.

First, change your mindset, this is not a diet, rather your new way of thinking about eating. The first time I signed up for this, I lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks, without missing anything. The process gave me a new outlook on food, I did not crave sweets after the third day.
    What has worked for me is to do this plan coupled with a modified atkins concept. Now I am back on it, this is week four, I have gone from 225 to 213. All I do is the night before or in the morning I get up and make my food back for the day. In this bag I put all the food I am going to eat for the day, lunch, snacks. Everything is portioned out into containers. So if you dont have any, invest in measurable storage containers (1 cup, 1/2 cup, etc.) I am partial to glass so I use ones from Pampered Chef. In these little cup size bowls I put grapes, etc. Then for lunch I will do a salad, veggies have very little calories. So I do like two cups of Spring Mix, cucumbers, tomatos, a little brussel sprouts, avocado, and measure out my salad dressing (2T on top). I know two tablespoons seems like a little but if you shake up your salad it goes along way. Then I take a large cup of ice with me to drink water through out the day. If I find myself having trouble drinking water, I will do like 2 oz of organic juice and the rest water.
    Just to give u an idea. Stay away from the low fat crap, many times it has more sugar and salt then the regular stuff. Let me know if I can help. DONT FORGET TO GET SOME EXERCISE DAILY!!
  • sjewell79
    sjewell79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am loving MFP! A friend and I started at the same time and knowing she can see everything i am doing is such motivation for me! Hope we can accompany each other on this journey to being better moms!