would you count darts as cardio??

Options
Would darts count as cardio?? Some of my friends count this as cardio and its the only form of exercise they engage in each week. What do you all think? I play too but don't see it as exercise

Replies

• Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    That's reaching.

Maybe lawn darts, where your friends are the targets and have to dodge.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Would darts count as cardio?? Some of my friends count this as cardio and its the only form of exercise they engage in each week. What do you all think? I play too but don't see it as exercise

Throwing spiky things at the wall, darts?

I don't see how anyone could get their HR up high enough doing that to count it as cardio, unless they are sprinting from the line to the board and back every time they fetch the darts.
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    I wouldn't. I don't see it as any form of exercise.
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Throwing spiky things at the wall, darts?

I don't see how anyone could get their HR up high enough doing that to count it as cardio, unless they are sprinting from the line to the board and back every time they fetch the darts.

^this was one of the arguments I gave
  • feast4thebeast
    Options
    That's reaching.

Maybe lawn darts, where your friends are the targets and have to dodge.

I doubt they are fit enough
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Only if I can count horseshoes and hand grenades, too.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    No....the only thing moving here is an arm for the beer, and if you break a sweat doing that, you need more help than I can offer! :)
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    only if you're the dartboard that day.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    not even close.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    no way. i only count cardio as something that gets my heart rate over 130 for at least 10 straight minutes
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    depends on who I am darting...ooh wait..
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    only if you clean the dartboard and the darts afterwards
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    if you were shooting them nonstop for an hour.. maybe...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It is in the database, but it only gives me a little over 100 calories per hour. Which is probably correct. I'm sure I burn about that much more while throwing darts than while sitting on the couch. At least I am standing and walking back and forth occasionally. Plus, the obligatory 12 oz curls.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    That is reaching... a lot. It's like counting light housework and laundry as excercise. As far as I'm concerned, if I don't have an elevated heart rate, it's not cardio. If they are just looking for a reason to eat more, they need to change their activity level setting or reduce how quickly they want to lose weight.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

They count it as cardio because they think it will get them off the hook.

No, it is not cardio, it does not raise the HR, get you out of breath nor is there much movement there.

I've played darts and stand by what I have just said.
  • feast4thebeast
    Options
    Plus, the obligatory 12 oz curls.

lightweight.... 16oz is better

It is negative calories I usually end up drunk lol
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    No....the only thing moving here is an arm for the beer, and if you break a sweat doing that, you need more help than I can offer! :)

LMAO :flowerforyou: