Options

Replies

• JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Me - I'm from Barstow, CA.

Other - Sorry?

Me - I said I am from Barstow, CA.

Other - I know, sorry to hear about that.
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    angieroo2 - Of Course, I totally stole it. I think it shold be our national anthem! Hahaha :laugh:
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    People don't realize their are 2 Carolinas.. they think we are all rednecks..The worst right now is that stupid Amendment 8 =( Now people think everyone from NC hates gay people......
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Northern California (Sacramento)

I wish I could go surfing out my back door, but unfortunately the beach is about 1.5 hours away. And the water is COLD!

I've rarely seen any celebrities, just a few when I worked at a hotel & they were staying there. Although I did see Arnold Schwarzenegger on the street a few times when he was Governor.

We are very different from southern California! Not so many tanned blonde bombshells & obvious cosmetic procedures walking around. I myself am quite pasty.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Milwaukee and it's not all just beer and cheese. It's also jam packed with idiots, rednecks and greedy corporate a-holes.
  • IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So you're from Iowa..
    is that where they grow potatoes?
    no that's IDAHO
    so does everyone have a barn?

I swear..
    LOL
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Jamaica

"Say something in Jamaican" ...:huh: Jamaican is not a language dumba$$ it's called "Patois'!

Try watching The Harder They Come as an American-English speaker. Trust me, it's a different language! :bigsmile:

See what I mean. My point is we don't speak "Jamaican" just like you don't speak "American", our native language is called "Patois" not "Jamaican"...

No, I understand. What I'm saying is, Jamaicans do speak a different language. But it's not called "Jamaican." I get it. :smile:
  • thomakg
    thomakg Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The polar bear in my back yard is cooling off under the sprinkler - it was 40+ (Celsius) last week. In Fahrenheit - 104. Welcome to Canada.
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    In addition to what the other Wisconsinites have said;
    - No, I have never been cow tipping.
    - Most of us did not grow up on farms, but farms are common in certain parts of the state so I know people who grew up on farms.
    - Yes, I do love cheese. And it's better than yours.
    - Bubblers are drinking/water fountains. Please stop looking at us like we're crazy.
    - Yes, it gets cold here and snows, but it's not always that bad. Winter is pretty.
    - In fact, Wisconsin itself is very pretty, especially in the summer/fall.
    - No I will not mail you a snowball. It will melt. (Unless you want those pink coconut things...)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    "You're from New Orleans? So, are you guys still air-drying or what?" Ha ha ha... not.

"So how many of your cousins married each other?" Just because I'm from the South doesn't mean I practice 'keeping it in the family'.

"I bet nobody eats local seafood anymore--too oily!" Again, ha ha. And no, we eat our own seafood. It's clean now. In fact we arrested some people that were packaging foreign seafood as local and/or just with the "made in the USA" stamp on its package. By the way we're still looking to tar and feather BP.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I live in Dc

"Have you seen the president?" ...Nope! lol
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    "You're from Baltimore? Have you ever seen a murder?"

Not making that one up... actually have been asked. Really wish I would have said yes to see the reaction.
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yes, we have electricity in Montana; and NO I don't ride my horse to work!
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Oh, you live in the desert? It's 115 degrees? But it's a dry heat...

Yeah, just like turning my blow dryer on full blast in my face is a dry heat...

So is climbing in an oven. Dry heat = not hot, apparently.
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Not one annoying statement about San Diego. It is just just too damned awesome here.

Of course...best place in the world!!! :) They don't call it "America's Finest City" for nothing!
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Jamaica

"Say something in Jamaican" ...:huh: Jamaican is not a language dumba$$ it's called "Patois'!

Try watching The Harder They Come as an American-English speaker. Trust me, it's a different language! :bigsmile:

See what I mean. My point is we don't speak "Jamaican" just like you don't speak "American", our native language is called "Patois" not "Jamaican"...

One of my dear friends Tracy (From Kingston) she speak's Patois. I love it.. I can understand her until she get's mad and flips out... she has me rollin' One of the few women I have ever met who's temper is just as bad as mine...
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Me - I'm from Barstow, CA.

Other - Sorry?

Me - I said I am from Barstow, CA.

Other - I know, sorry to hear about that.

Well be honest, Barstow is the Arm Pits arm pit of California...
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    People don't realize their are 2 Carolinas.. they think we are all rednecks..The worst right now is that stupid Amendment 8 =( Now people think everyone from NC hates gay people......

I've been to North Carolina before. Gorgeous place and friendly people. I see more rednecks locally (Louisiana) than anywhere else in the South. Unless we're talking West Virginia. I had a best friend from there and I swear she and her family embodied the redneck way.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    "You're from Baltimore? Have you ever seen a murder?"

Not making that one up... actually have been asked. Really wish I would have said yes to see the reaction.

Baltimore does have a high crime rate and everyone has seen the Wire. :)
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    :Ne-Va-Da NOT Ne-vah-duh....locals are a bit touchy about this :laugh:

You have no idea how long I have just spent trying to say these 2 in my best American accent and coming out with exactly the same sound for both of them :bigsmile: