any women using protein powder?

Options
2»

Replies

• sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have 2 shakes a day, one as part of my breakfast mixed with either milk or water, depending on what else I'm going to eat that day (I'll use milk if I need to get more calories in or water if I don't) and the other part of my breakfast is half a slice of Nature's Pride Double Fiber Whole Wheat bread with 1tbsp natural peanut butter. Second shake is post workout, before dinner. I still have a pre-workout snack, dinner, and usually a mid-morning snack as well. So even with having 2 shakes a day, I still eat a total of 5-6 times a day, including the shakes. I don't think you need to use it as a meal replacement (I *personally* wouldn't be able to do that...I like to eat my meals and if I drink them I end up eating again anyway because I feel gypped lol). If you're going to go over your calories by not drinking it as a meal replacement, then maybe re-evaluate your food choices throught the day and see if you can make any adjustments. Unless you don't mind it being a replacement =)
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I usually have on in the morning on my way out the door. I mix it with Almond milk and berries for added sweetness and the berries are full of antioxidants. You can also throw some milled flaxseed in for OMG-3.