Not logging when you don't eat well

Options
1235»

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    OP, I think you've fallen into the trap of assuming that everyone uses this tool exactly as you do.
    MFP is indeed a great tool for recording what you've eaten and monitoring food and exercise on both "good and bad" days.
    But, everyone here has their own way of approaching weight loss, and their own way if making use of different tools (including MFP).
    Posting judgemental comments about what other people do or don't do doesn't achieve anything.

I have not fallen into a trap and it wasn't meant to be a judgmental post by any means.

You may not have set out to be judgemental - but when you start a thread which says (in effect): "THIS is the point of logging and I see so many people who aren't doing right (ie. your way)" - it certainly comes across that way.

As I stated in my previous post, MFP is a handy tool and people use it in many ways. Nothing wrong with that.

I feel like you are being passive aggressive about the situation. I am not putting any one down, nor am I saying that logging daily is the absolute best thing to do and a sure way to loss weight. All I am saying is that when you don't log each day and you wonder why you are not losing because you have stayed under your goal, you are missing those days which you didn't log and aren't able to see how they impact you. If you think that's judgmental, so be it...
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I think I've done poorly (especially when eating out), when I actually log th food I haven't really done as bad as I thought. It's best to be honest and keep moving forward.

Haha this is how my friend uses MFP. She ONLY logs when she's had a "cheat day", just to see how bad she did. It's usually not as bad as she thought!

Have to love when you think you have totally derailed yourself, only to see it's not as bad as you thought!
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I don't log if it's a special occasion, I'm not spending my vacation counting calories just to feel bad about myself.

I do still try to eat healthy, I don't go binging or anything crazy.
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The only time I don't log is if I have something that I can't determine the nutritional value. Local pizza places and such. It's not because I eat badly or go overboard. I just don't know.