Someone please tell me im not addicted lol

Options

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

Plus mercury poisoning?? Lol. Thanks for the laugh at least.

Yea, I guess wiki, the FDA and sites like Got Mercury? are all wrong and you're right.
    Wikipedia should never be quoted as a source for any kind of scientific debate.
    The FDA is wrong about a lot of things.
    Got Mercury sounds the teeny-weeniest bit biased.

Wikipedia is right 99.9% of the time.
    The FDA is right 99.9% of the time.
    Got Mercury? is a site run by people trying to raise awareness after research found the risks, and because people think they know better even when facts are presented to them.

If you choose to believe it's false then good for you, have fun poisoning yourself.
    1. I don't particularly like tuna.
    2. You sound like you're on a crusade.

Big fish are likely to have higher conc of metals because they are higher up in the food chain...
    If you eat a lot of sashimi, you are also likely to be ingesting mercury.

Wiki is not a reliable source but you can always check the original source, if you can be bothered.
    Oh no I'm a big fan of sashimis :noway:
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TUNA!!!!!!!! Tuna's awesome. Mercury poisoning, lol. Yeah, probably if she's eating that entire cupboard everyday.
    Always a health scare, hey? Always something wrong with whatever a person is eating. Btw, don't eat egg yolk, you'll gain 500 pounds in a day. Don't go near bacon, the salt content will almost certainly give you an instant stroke. Don't go anywhere near bananas, you'll poison yourself with potassium and step away from diet soda because the government have this conspiracy to combat over-population so what they do is put ACTUAL CANCER IN EACH CAN and watch us all drop likes flies.
    Can i get a resounding PSSSHHH.
    Enjoy your tuna, i'm jealous.

I believe if you ate too much, it could add up but *shrug* better safe than sorry. I think the egg yolk thing is more ab cholesterol than anything. I eat egg whites just to be safe. I like whites better anyways. I don't eat bacon either, actually I just dont eat pork lol I never heard the banana thing tho. I used to eat a couple bananas a day for a while. I do think diet soda and artificial sweetners are bad for you. But hey, that's just me.

Too much of anything can be bad for you. Remember the woman who died from drinking too much water?
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    I LOVE TUNA!!!!!!!! Tuna's awesome. Mercury poisoning, lol. Yeah, probably if she's eating that entire cupboard everyday.
    Always a health scare, hey? Always something wrong with whatever a person is eating. Btw, don't eat egg yolk, you'll gain 500 pounds in a day. Don't go near bacon, the salt content will almost certainly give you an instant stroke. Don't go anywhere near bananas, you'll poison yourself with potassium and step away from diet soda because the government have this conspiracy to combat over-population so what they do is put ACTUAL CANCER IN EACH CAN and watch us all drop likes flies.

I believe if you ate too much, it could add up but *shrug* better safe than sorry. I think the egg yolk thing is more ab cholesterol than anything. I eat egg whites just to be safe. I like whites better anyways. I don't eat bacon either, actually I just dont eat pork lol I never heard the banana thing tho. I used to eat a couple bananas a day for a while. I do think diet soda and artificial sweetners are bad for you. But hey, that's just me.

Yeah, man, it is...and i think we should all have respect for each other's choices. What works for one doesn't work for another. What concerns one is not a priority of another and it would be lovely to all co-exist in the knowledge that each of us here is doing what's right for us as individuals. I guess it just irks me that people come into threads like this, post a link, bring someone else's choices down when they could have just either said nothing or had some respect for the fact that the person posting is doing their best and choosing healthier options than they have before. All power to you, all power to tuna-haters, all power to people who swear by it. All power to us all and God help us if we don't remember the golden rule. EVERYTHING in moderation. 'Cept water. Drink that stuff up. *Waits for someone to post a link about drinking too much water and how it causes drowning*. :tongue:
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options

Too much of anything can be bad for you. Remember the woman who died from drinking too much water?

You're KIDDING ME, lol.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options

Yeah, man, it is...and i think we should all have respect for each other's choices. What works for one doesn't work for another. What concerns one is not a priority of another and it would be lovely to all co-exist in the knowledge that each of us here is doing what's right for us as individuals. I guess it just irks me that people come into threads like this, post a link, bring someone else's choices down when they could have just either said nothing or kkhad some respect for the fact that the person posting is doing their best and choosing healthier options than they have before. All power to you, all power to tuna-haters, all power to people who swear by it. All power to us all and God help us if we don't remember the golden rule. EVERYTHING in moderation. 'Cept water. Drink that stuff up. *Waits for someone to post a link about drinking too much water and how it causes drowning*. :tongue:

Ask and you shall receive

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865/ns/us_news-life/t/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest/
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I love tuna, but I have decided to cut back on it because of the mercury. I started eating more wild caught. canned red salmon instead.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

Yeah, man, it is...and i think we should all have respect for each other's choices. What works for one doesn't work for another. What concerns one is not a priority of another and it would be lovely to all co-exist in the knowledge that each of us here is doing what's right for us as individuals. I guess it just irks me that people come into threads like this, post a link, bring someone else's choices down when they could have just either said nothing or had some respect for the fact that the person posting is doing their best and choosing healthier options than they have before. All power to you, all power to tuna-haters, all power to people who swear by it. All power to us all and God help us if we don't remember the golden rule. EVERYTHING in moderation. 'Cept water. Drink that stuff up. *Waits for someone to post a link about drinking too much water and how it causes drowning*. :tongue:

LOL ab sum1 drowning from drinkin too much water. But you're right. Tho I dont disagree with the person bringing up the mercury thing, cuz some ppl dont know about it. So mayb they were just trying to warn them. I didn't know ab it until my friend told me & then I cut back.
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options

LOL ab sum1 drowning from drinkin too much water. But you're right. Tho I dont disagree with the person bringing up the mercury thing, cuz some ppl dont know about it. So mayb they were just trying to warn them. I didn't know ab it until my friend told me & then I cut back.

True, true...and if that was the case then that's cool but there's so much out there on what people shouldn't eat...and not just here, i mean everywhere, there's always a horror story. It depresses people that are new to being healthy or even not new to being healthy. Conflicting info is confusing and depressing and makes making healthier choices even more of a kerfuffle than it should be 'cause people get hung up on all the delicious foods NOT to eat and less focused on all the delicious foods to definitely go ahead and eat. Sometimes i do wonder why we're not all rocking back and forth in a dark room enquiring about the carbs in an aspirin or something, lol.
  • PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    I love tuna too..Just becareful of the mercury.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    ***FACEPALM**** what the heck is wrong with me??? HOW could i forget TUNA!! i loveeee tuna!! I love it with a tablespoon of pickle juice in it. LOL!

Im so glad you posted this.. oh, and yes,, very addicted. LOL :wink:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I think some of those cans look like cat food...
  • Heather_Rider
    Options

Winning post of the night.

AGREED!!
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    HAHAHAHA I thought it was cat food! Yes, you look addicted but hey, there are worse things to be addicted to. Last year I went through a huge bottle of Tobasco sauce every other day. It was turning my teeth red. So just make sure you don't see or feel anything bad happening and you should be fine.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^
    THIS!
    The Food Nazi's love to sound the false alarm.
    If we took their advice, we might all end up looking like a ....... skeleton....:smokin:
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    This isnt considered addiction is it :) Love tuna and its helped me stay on track and protein UP :)

53522066.jpg

7553921362_4bf2648e8f_m.jpg

Also I figure if Sir Isaac Newton could basically mainline mercury for years (before he went insane and died in his old age) I can eat fuark loads of tuna.

Nothing wrong with that logic at all.
  • Heather_Rider
    Options

**facepalm**
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i eat tuna everyday too
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of tuna. but when it comes to those laughing cow cheese wedges. that is another story.

I agree!!!
  • JimmyFromNC
    Options
    That's awesome! Probably because I have no tuna right now : (
  • Ziggyzambo
    Ziggyzambo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Nope. If you were addicted those cans would be empty...