What is everyone having for dinner?

Options

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Mine was certainly not too appetizing. 1 can of Campbell's Light Soup, 17 Premium saltine minis, and for dessert-Luigi's Italian Ice (sugarfree).Total 250 calories! Now I just know that everyone of you want to copy my dinner! LOL:bigsmile:

Lemme think ... Nah ... Good luck with it though, I dunno how you survive :)
  • TaneeD
    TaneeD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Baked tilapi fillet with lemon wedge, basmati rice (plain) & 1/4 cup corn
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I had honey mustard pork chops, fresh baby carrots, and beets and beet greens, was yummy :)
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    making a burger stuffed with feta and red onion. sides are 1/4 a pita pocket with garlic butter and a mixed green salad with french vinaigrette. dessert will be raspberries :)
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I had a turkey cheeseburger and half a green pepper filled with cottage cheese. Yum!
  • rrhennen
    rrhennen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well, since I forgot groceries bought during lunch in the fridge at work, back up was taco salads. Baby spinach with seasoned ground chicken, rotel tomatoes, little bit of avocado and cheese with a couple crunched up tortilla chips. Kids even gobbled theirs up with the spinach!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Enchiladas!
    I've been saving my calories today for a nice enchilada dinner.

2 corn tortillas, Monterrey jack cheese, and a few ounces of shredded chicken breast. Yummy!
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I had a grilled boneless chop, couscous and broccoli and cauliflower
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    a salad for me
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Homemade hamburgers topped with chipoltle gouda cheese :) mmmmmm
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    Mahi Mahi burgers with grilled zucchini....mmmmm
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Grilled sockeye salmon and veggie kabob.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese with bacon and fresh basil...not the healthiest, but husband requested BLTs, and I don't like the Ts.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with a vegetable (yet to be determined)...

I put chicken in the Crock-Pot with some BBQ sauce and then shred it and serve on a bun. Yum!

This sounds yummy. But for people who are cooking-challenged like me, could you please share the details of how you do it? How much chicken? What kind of pieces (breasts, thighs, etc.)? How much sauce? Cooked for how long? :flowerforyou:

Thanks! :smile:
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    six inch turkey / ham sub
    baked lays with ketchup
    clif bar for dessert
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    You can always go to www.skinnytaste.com to find really good, healthy recipes! I found Shrimp, Peas and Rice there and that's what we had tonight.
    Good luck!
  • carolinesmiles
    Options
    I made a Mexican bean soup, topped with fresh cilantro and queso fresco. Leftover pita bread on the side. :)
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast with some bbq sauce on it mixed into a bowl with brown rice and veggies (cooked from frozen, plain).

Chicken breast ~6oz. Pre-heat oven to 425 and squirt a bit of bbq sauce on foil on a baking sheet. Rinse chicken breast (I buy large packages and then portion them out to meal sized for me and my BF and then take out a package in the morning to let it defrost) and rub it in the sauce and then put the sauce side up in over for 10 minutes. After ten minutes, flip chicken breasts and squirt a bit more bbq sauce on it and then bake that side up for 10 more minutes.

While chicken is cooking prepare brown rice per the cooking instructions (basically bring 1 cup of water to boil and then add 1 cup rice (splits out to 2/3 portions for two people) and reduce heat to low and cover for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes remove from heat and let sit until all the water is absorbed). Depending on my mood I might mix in some seasonings into the rice.

In between the chicken and the rice I fill up a tupperware thing with frozen vegetables and add a little bit of water. Microwave for 5 minutes, take out and stir and then microwave again (just a few minutes long).

I love mixing it all up into a bowl but my bf prefers the veggies and rice mixed but the chicken on the side.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    we had breakfast for dinner
  • Kemica14
    Kemica14 Posts: 1
    Options
    Had a Smart ones meal, turkey, potatoes, cranberry sauce and carrots, and Green Beans :)