Did weight loss take a long time for you?

Options

Replies

• STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Less time than it took to put it on.

But it is a long-term commitment to your life...not your weight.

Remember that.

See my pictures to see the before and after. The ones at the Hilton Head Lighthouse in Harbourtown were taken on 7/6/2012 at 177 pounds.
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i've lost 20 pounds in 4 months. feels great!! even though it takes a while, you'll be happy you stuck with it months from now.
  • KristenBru
    KristenBru Posts: 25
    Options
    I have been exercising like a fiend and watching my calorie intake since April 8 and I have lost a total of... wait for it... ZERO POUNDS. I could barf with disappointment. On the other hand, I have noticed improvements in my overall health and well-being as well as several inches off my hips and waist, so I'm only in partial despair.

I'm in the same exact boat. Well - 4 pounds down. So frustrating at times, but inches are awesome!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 3 years to lose 54lbs. 2 years on my own, 1 with MFP. Part of the problem was hypothyroidism, which I now have under control with medication. It really is a lifestyle change. Develop healthy habits and you'll get there.

Sept 2008: 220lb

Sept2008crop.jpg

June 2012: 161lb

BranJune2012.jpg
  • traceylynns
    traceylynns Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    <3
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 40lbs in 6 months. First 2-3 I only lost about 12, but the the last 3 it kicked into gear. I definitely could do better (I've stalled out now) but I enjoy life and still do things I want to do, not need to do.
  • traceylynns
    traceylynns Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Its not a race, its your life. Change the lifestyle and the the physical changes will come. :)
    this is a awesome saying!!
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Total it took about 5 years. I started in may 2007 at 268, worked out and weighed in once a month, in ten months lost 70 pounds. Thought that was enough so I pretty much stayed there for the next 2.5 years, then I gained 26 back. Feb 2011 I restatred by tracking what I ate, I learned that my setting were too low because I lost weight fast so I upped my cals. I lost 65 pounds in 5 months and have pretty much kept it off for the last year. I am kind of an anomoly because I eat a ton and can still lose if I want. Good luck
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I've lost 41lbs in 6 months. At first I lost quite a bit but then it slowed down to not losing at all for 2-3 weeks then I'd suddenly drop 2 or 3lbs. I'm not sure why that happens but it does quite often. I no longer get depressed if I'm not losing lbs since I know I'm still working steadily towards my goals. You may not see results on the scale but you will def. see them in other ways, like measurements, clothing, being able to do more things physically, etc. For instance, I hadn't been to a water aerobics class since May, I went back on Monday and everyone was saying, wow youre so skinny! The attention was kind of embarrassing but I was glad that someone noticed my efforts! I've only lost about 3-4lbs since then but apparently I looked a LOT different. I'm assuming its because I have built muscle and lost fat so I look leaner without much movement on the scale.
    I believe that this is a lifestyle, not a diet and that you have to do it slowly to get it right, learn everything and stick with it for LIFE. If you can't maintain after your loss, your efforts are for nothing.
    If I can do this anyone can. I seriously mean that. If you or anyone else wants some motivation and support, send a friend request. I'd be happy to cheer you on. :)
  • JalonTicara
    Options
    So so sad. In such a high spirited environment always a negative Nancy to TRY to rain on someone's parade. I want to stoop down to your level but...you're not worth it.
    I consume 1200 calories a day. Breastfeed. And exercise 6 times a week faithfully. HARD work and dedication. Once again thanks for your negativity. I would expect better from someone as aged as you. :-)
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I've lost about 30lbs and I started in January. The first 15 came off very easily, but the more I lose the slower it seems to be coming off.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    no, i generally lose quickly (due to low carb) but then i can't do maintenance. i will sustain it for a while, then get comfortable and stop counting. i have a problem with overeating, so i'm an all or nothing kinda girl.
    moderation doesn't work for me so i need to find a fine line between low carb and counting cals (once at goal weight) maintenance always kills me.. but i know what my weakness is, so that's good.
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 years and still going
  • JalonTicara
    Options
    Not for me. 2.5 months and im down 47lbs! :-)

LOL @ crackhead.

So so sad. In such a high spirited environment always a negative Nancy to TRY to rain on someone's parade. I want to stoop down to your level but...you're not worth it.
    I consume 1200 calories a day. Breastfeed. And exercise 6 times a week faithfully. HARD work and dedication. Once again thanks for your negativity. I would expect better from someone as aged as you. :-)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have had an awful time of it! Luckily, I'm comfortable anywhere under 150, so most of my troubles have happened with me being pretty okay with that weight. Anyways, I started at 174 last July, I was down to like 155 by like October, went on birth control and literally only lost 5 pounds in 4 months, so that puts me starting the new year around 150. By about the beginning of June I was down to nearly 140, but then my body freaked out and now I'm 147. I think I want to lose about 10 lb from this point, but I won't cry if I just stay at this weight.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40.8lbs in the past 10.5 months. (13lbs to go till goal) I've been stuck between 141 and 144 for the past 2 or 3 months. I'm 142.2lbs just now. :)
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I dropped ten pounds like nothing my first month and now I've been stalling. But I'm made huge progress with both my fitness and eating habits. Whereas before I would struggle to run for just a minute, I can breeze through ten minutes without stopping to walk and it only gets better. Plus, I just find I crave healthier foods now (although when I hit 20 lbs lost I am definitely treating myself to a big bloody steak).
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    did not appear overnight; will not disappear overnight. That being said, by concerted effort, I have managed to maintain a fairly good rate of loss; just have to maintain good nutritional background and not try to lose too fast; especially at the end.
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Lost about 30 pounds in about a year. Like most I agree slower is better. Its about making a realistic lifestyle change that you can stick too once you have left the website, not just a short term diet plan to lose the weight.
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I went for 3 months without losing anything then I upped my workouts and saw some weight loss but stalled. I joined MFP and realized I needed to eat more- which I did and I have continued to try and up my workouts as possible. I've lost 20 pounds and it feels like it's taken forever but I guess slow and steady is my style.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!