An unexpected benefit of losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Right, fat people, if they're like I was, heat up like a roasted marshmallow.
    It used to be tough.
    Once I shed the lard, summers were great. And now that I got my physique back, it's even better.
    And I can actually go shirtless without getting laughed at.
    Life is different.:drinker:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
    I was freezing last winter and early this spring after losing about 30 lbs or so. Now I'm down 41lbs and I much leaner and have added quite a bit of muscle. I'm wondering how cold I'll be this winter? We should all buy stock in Under Armour Cold Gear lol.
    Yay for less fat and less heat. You can always add clothes but it's not always legal to remove them! haha Way to go!
  • artisticappetite
    Options
    My unexpected benefit would be that by loosing weight, I'm treating the rest of my body better too. I brush my teeth three times a day now, I'm more careful about my skin, and I love to pamper my hair! Treating myself to better food and more exercise in turn makes me treat the whole me better. :)

and I've noticed that too. Dropping almost 30 pounds makes me like the heat more.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It SUCKS in the winter, but yeah, in the summer it's nice.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I'm imagining that this might be a cold winter for me.

I would LOVE to be colder in the winter...the combination of the extra weight and hot flashes makes me wear t-shirts most of the winter. I haven't been able to wear a sweater in years. I am hoping that when I drop all the weight, I will be able to finally wear sweaters again. Maybe even crochet one for myself....that would be real nice.
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm imagining that this might be a cold winter for me.

I would LOVE to be colder in the winter...the combination of the extra weight and hot flashes makes me wear t-shirts most of the winter. I haven't been able to wear a sweater in years. I am hoping that when I drop all the weight, I will be able to finally wear sweaters again. Maybe even crochet one for myself....that would be real nice.

I'm willing to bet on you and say that you WILL be weari sweaters again soon. :smile:

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one getting a bit chilly even on the hot days.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!