I LOVE RED WINE!!

Options

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I guess I wouldn't be much help. I typically drink 2.5 glasses (1/2 bottle) of wine every week night and often more on the weekends. It may have slowed my weight loss a bit, but it didn't prevent me from losing. I met my goal over a year ago. I don't eat many sweets though so that helps make room for the wine in my daily calories.

No to sweets, yes to wine. I totally agree with your priorities!!!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

I've just started MFP as I've hit a bit of a plateau & need to take things to the next level.

Part of my plan is to cut down on the red wine. :sad:

I'll be honest, I'm a glass a night kind of girl. As soon as my children have gone to bed & I start cooking dinner - I've got a glass in my hand. & if hubby is late getting home I might even go two!!

So, starting this week - it's no red wine on weekdays for me.

If there's anyone else out there who's keen to cut out the wine on weeknights, add me as a friend & we can help keep eachother honest!!

:wink:

Oh my not two glasses! Now two bottles now your talkin !
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I will NEVER give up my red wine :) good luck!
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I usually have wine 4-5 nights a week, and beer 1-2. I fit my calories into my day and count the wine, and make sure I work extra hard to allow for the calories if I need to. One of the things I like about MFP (and part of why I think it has worked for me) is that I don't have to DENY myself any foods I want. I just have to work for them or make sacrifices to fit them in. Workout to LIVE - enjoy life, and CHEERS!
  • kipling527
    kipling527 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am in the same situation. I usually have 2 glasses on Fri. and Sats. I figure I burn enough calories during the week so I can give my self a "treat".
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    me too, love the red wine! I try to only have it at the weekend but slipped this week! As long as it is accounted for then I am ok with it!
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    Oh my gosh...you are not alone! I love wine and beer and mixed drinks too! I have stopped drinking during
    the week too! I now drink more water and really enjoy it more on the weekends!! It does help because those are just wasted calories!
    I love my drinks...but they are not allowed during the week...If I can do it...You CAN to!
    Let's be friends and drinking buddies on the weekend!!!
  • teemarania
    teemarania Posts: 62
    Options
    This has been my problem for a long time!!!!
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    One glass a night - almost every night. It is meal #6! I "buy" it with a post-dinner 2 mile dog walk. Too much goodness to pass up. Good luck!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    If you've met your other macros for the day, and it fits in your calories, try keeping the wine in. Some people experience great results by keeping a nightly drink in their schedules, and other people have to cut back to weekends only. But, until you try out different methods such as staying within your calories, etc., there's no reason to cut it out just yet.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i switched to sparkling white because it has a little less calories and it's ridiculous hot right now that red wine just wasn't doing for me. I'm a hard core Cab girl too so switching was tough. started with chardonnay then now sparkling wine. it's very refreshing. :) i don't plan on cutting out my wine i just watch my calorie intake and adjust so i can have my wine. :)
    Hi all!!

I've just started MFP as I've hit a bit of a plateau & need to take things to the next level.

Part of my plan is to cut down on the red wine. :sad:

I'll be honest, I'm a glass a night kind of girl. As soon as my children have gone to bed & I start cooking dinner - I've got a glass in my hand. & if hubby is late getting home I might even go two!!

So, starting this week - it's no red wine on weekdays for me.

If there's anyone else out there who's keen to cut out the wine on weeknights, add me as a friend & we can help keep eachother honest!!

:wink:
  • Gohomebay
    Gohomebay Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love white wine, I drink more than I should. It may have taken away from some activity I want todo buti still have lost weight in a healthy steady way. I simply know I like to drink so have cut other unhealthy things out of my diet like fried foods. I don't see anything wrong with enjoying wine. Just make room for itinerary your day, just like anything else.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    HOW would I get my daily fruit serving without red wine??? :sad: :grumble:
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    HOW would I get my daily fruit serving without red wine??? :sad: :grumble:

I like the way you think!! :drinker:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Take yourself, kids, dog, sugarbear, whatever you're down with... on a nice long walk.

BAM! Wine calories are magically available for lovin.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i thought this read 4-5 a NIGHT!
    I usually have wine 4-5 nights a week, and beer 1-2. I fit my calories into my day and count the wine, and make sure I work extra hard to allow for the calories if I need to. One of the things I like about MFP (and part of why I think it has worked for me) is that I don't have to DENY myself any foods I want. I just have to work for them or make sacrifices to fit them in. Workout to LIVE - enjoy life, and CHEERS!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Pour me a glass please :drinker:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Unless youre drinking more than a bottle of wine in a night...why?
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This thread title SPOKE to me!! :) I also LOVE me some Merlot. I was having some every night and the weight has been creeping up. Since I found MFP, I've found that I haven't really wanted it as much. I work out and eat right and I don't want to "ruin" all of my hard work for a few glasses of extra calories that I don't need. That being said, I'll cut myself a little slack on the weekends. :)

This is me too ^ ... from the 'Thread speaking to me' ... to the 'cut myself some slack at weekends'.. .. (and even the 'MERLOT' grape!) ... haha
  • michele2224
    Options
    I have been doing this for about 10 days and I LOVE my wine too, I haven't had any since I started this site, but I do miss it on the weekends I usually too like to cook and have some wine!

But the reality is I would rather stay away then to only have a glass, dont get me wrong (im not a drunk) but i do not have just 1 glass, and I know it will not satisfy me to have a glass so me personally (right now..lol) i am choosing to stay away. Good Luck!