I LOVE RED WINE!!

Options

Replies

• smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My one glass normally turns into a bottle.I just love a good Blush.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I loooooove red wine as well. It was my biggest downfall though. Just couldn't make room for a couple of glasses every night plus the poor eating habits after I drank them. I now only drink wine on special occasions and do not drink at all when I'm training for a race.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I had to give it up too, well not all the way but I made a new rule that I only drink with friends or when we go out, not daily at my house like I used to. Having said that the red wine I buy, Our Daily Red, organic, vegan, sulfite free, and cheap....383 cal in one bottle which I think is pretty good because don't most have around 500? So one glass can't be that horrible....
  • shock2920
    shock2920 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Haha, I like the way everyone has flocked to this topic. Feels like a confessional.

I just joined MFP today and also have had a glass-a-day habit, that occasionally turns into two. Was married about two months ago, and we still have 15 bottles from the reception, which makes it harder to resist since I don't even need to go buy it.

I think rather than cut it out completely during the week, I'm going to try to get down to two days a week. Good luck everybody!
  • Queenie_O
    Queenie_O Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've found my people! I'm a reds-in-the-cooler-months and whites-in-the-warmer type of girl, myself. I used to have a glass a night, but lately I've cut it back to 3-4 nights per week. These are usually the days I work out harder, so I feel like I have a little more wiggle room in my calories. I will admit that I've been toying with the idea of going weekends only on the wine to see if my weight loss speeds up any. As long as my weekdays don't turn from wine to whine it should be good. :)
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You can stop after 1 glass? Now that is willpower! 1 always tastes like another for me.. I have to cut it right out during the week or I'm screwed. lol
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    I guess I wouldn't be much help. I typically drink 2.5 glasses (1/2 bottle) of wine every week night and often more on the weekends. It may have slowed my weight loss a bit, but it didn't prevent me from losing. I met my goal over a year ago. I don't eat many sweets though so that helps make room for the wine in my daily calories.

^^This^^. It's all about making choices.
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Had to cut down to Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Still miss it so have it occasionally on weeknights.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I love wine too! I've found one that isn't bad on the carbs or the calories but i still try not to drink during the week and save it for the weekends. That's not always the case if you look at my diary yesterday and the day before. I won't give it up though. It is hard to limit it to 1 glass though. Feel free to add me :)
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    Welcome to MFP.
    I used to always love a glass of wine a night too and like you occasionally i made it two!
    Now i don't drink weeknights and only have a glass or maybe two Fri,sat and sun. Add me as a friend if you like and I'll be happy to help keep you motivated. :-D
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've found my people! I'm a reds-in-the-cooler-months and whites-in-the-warmer type of girl, myself. I used to have a glass a night, but lately I've cut it back to 3-4 nights per week. These are usually the days I work out harder, so I feel like I have a little more wiggle room in my calories. I will admit that I've been toying with the idea of going weekends only on the wine to see if my weight loss speeds up any. As long as my weekdays don't turn from wine to whine it should be good. :)

It's like you're reading my mind! GETOUTTAMYHEAD!
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    Keep loving it! Resveratrol is good for you! Don't worry about calories, just compensate. I drink 12 ounces of Vitamin V everyday and I am down 90lbs as of today!
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am at this very moment making dinner wondering if I should pour myself a glass of sangria!!!! But like most, Its hard to just have ONE glass......

What to do....what to do.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I love my boozy beverages and have not given them up. I just watch food portions and get good work outs in and I've had success losing weight even though I don't count calories anymore.

I like having scotch with my fiancé and watching our shows with our fur babies so even though I don't count calories the calories from said boozy beverages are worth it to me.

You just have to do what works for you, if you can find a balance and still lose weight then I don't see a problem but if you feel that it's really hindering you weight loss despite balance then cut down.

With that said I think I'll have a glass of wine :drinker: or a scotch.
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ahhh ..HOORAAYY .. we should have a Winos club!... :drinker:

Oh.. I mean.. *Wine Club* .. :love:
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    ^^ I will drink to that Kat! :drinker:
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~~~~ I think my profile pic explains it all! :drinker:

HA! Ain't it the truth?!
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options

I like having scotch with my fiancé and watching our shows with our fur babies.

With that said I think I'll have a glass of wine :drinker: or a scotch.

Are you me?? :laugh: :laugh:
  • jheilala63
    jheilala63 Posts: 94
    Options
    If I can do it, ANYONE can do it! Believe in yourself! Feel free to add me.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Haha, cheers all :drinker:

I'm actually part of a monthly thread on here called like minded lushes, some are trying to cut down while others are just trying to find a balance, it's a great place to vent and talk boozy beverage habits.