Do people think your older or younger than you look?

Options

Replies

• AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly 53 now and am often told I look like I'm in my forties. I have been lucky to inherit my Mum's genes - she was 59 when she died, but looked like she was in her early 50s.

My sister, on the other hand, has inherited Dad's genes and is only 4 years older than me, but many people think she's my Mum not my sister :noway:
  • SandiBren
    SandiBren Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Younger. Usually guessed for being in my 50's. I'm 67.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    40/25. Someone recently thought I was taking the piss when I said I was 40.
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think i look really young, other times really old (like, 30! Ancient!)

i'm actually 20 in a month, but I answered the door the other day and the sales guy asked if my parents were in! But then other times I'll be stopped in the street by people who want to know if I've set up my pension yet. I'm never sure whether to be happy or insulted when people in Tesco don't ask for id (they are normally really strict about it- my mum get's id-ed in tesco, and she's 42)...
  • christakersey
    Options
    people always think i'm younger, but i credit it to not having children which ages people considerably.

Really? I'm going to be 30 next month, and people usually don't believe me and think I'm maybe mid 20's. My husband is 27, and his perceptive age just went from 18 to 21. He was so excited that he finally looked to be in his 20's. People act like they are having a heart attack when he tells them he's been married 8 years and has 4 kids. I think maybe kids age some people, but lots of people are waiting to have kids until they are in their 30's now, so they're aging on their own anyway.
  • traceyjayne1964
    traceyjayne1964 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Im 48 and have 7 grandsons..im told i look younger than my years :))
  • laurajean2
    laurajean2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    im 36, people think im younger. the women next door ask how old i was i told her and she gave me a dirty look. so i guess i look younger then her.:flowerforyou:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and people think I'm 25. So, I must be doing something right. :wink:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I get away with a lot younger than I really am.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    People guess an average of 24. I'm 30.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and get told I look younger. I think it's because I don't wear make-up, as I do look more my age when I wear it.

There's this woman I used to work with, I thought she was 16-18. She spoke about college as well so no reason to think otherwise. Then a while later she would mention husband and kids, I'd consider her being early-mid twenties and think "no way, she can't be that!" Turns out she was 36!! I was so stunned.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, and don't know how old people think I look, but I've been carded recently.

Up until my mid-20s, I passed for a teenager. When I signed up for ballroom dance classes with my ex when we were 24-25, people thought we were learning to dance for our prom. :laugh:
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm 36. People usually guess late 20s.
  • CarrieQuiteContrary
    CarrieQuiteContrary Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    When I was 16, everyone thought I was 12. When I was 18 they thought I was 16.. at 21 they thought I was 18. etc. So I guess I look younger!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    people always think i'm younger, but i credit it to not having children which ages people considerably.

Really? I'm going to be 30 next month, and people usually don't believe me and think I'm maybe mid 20's. My husband is 27, and his perceptive age just went from 18 to 21. He was so excited that he finally looked to be in his 20's. People act like they are having a heart attack when he tells them he's been married 8 years and has 4 kids. I think maybe kids age some people, but lots of people are waiting to have kids until they are in their 30's now, so they're aging on their own anyway.

really i don't know if having kids ages you. bad habits do though. not using moisturizer, not eating healthy fats, protein, calcium. not having enough vitamins, over tanning. rough skin treatment (i.e grabbing around eyes rough to apply makeup) to much sun, stress, not enough water, and sometimes even bad genes. but kids? idk. my mom was 32 when she had her first kid and looks younger. she is like 64 but looks like 54. at her office, there where 35 year old that looked older than her. I have seen many women that where older look great from taking care of themselves.
  • MissPorcupine
    Options
    People say I look more "serious" than people my age, and it causes me so many problems! Everyone constantly thinks I'm like 22-23, when in reality I'm 18 :P I'm constantly asked what I study or where I work.
    I was perceived as my own father's wife TWICE. We are total lookalikes, so who has a wife who looks like their sister?! People astonish me all the time...
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Younger!
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and everyone thinks im about 5 years younger. I get ID'd for the lottery, which you have to be 16 for. :\
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    People tend to think of me younger than I am.
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am going on 43 next month and recently when I told someone that I had a 13 yr old daughter they asked if I had her at 10!!! Oh yeah, I still got it!! lol