am i drinking too much??

Options
124»

Replies

• robynj88
    robynj88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    3x 50ml and coke? that's 3 doubles and coke a night - to me that's how much I drink when I go out on a weekend and have a bit of a binge drinking session!!! No offence, but if you're in that much pain take some painkillers!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    For me, the scariest line was this:
    I recently changed my eating habits an on the advise of my dad (who drinks alot more than me) told me to spread it out through the week and stop having so many over the weekend, Mark and i discussed it and agreed to have one a day.

Where you previously seem to suggest that you didn't drink through the week, only on weekends. When you realised you were drinking too much in a session, you agreed to one drink a night.

If I were in that situation where I needed to cut down what I Was drinking over the weekends, that's exactly what I would do. Cut down the weekend intake, and not use that as an excuse to drink through the week as well.

The fact that you seem to 'need' that amount of alcohol per week, and if you can't have it at the weekend then you are going to start slotting it in on weekdays, just so you can fit it in, suggests a problem.

I've been around several alcoholics, and there were some who just plain couldn't function without it - it wasn't that they just looooved drinking so much. It was like medicine. Then there was one in particular who, whilst it remained that he couldn't function without it, he had got that way, and remained that way because he just enjoyed drinking so much. He had become totally dependant on it because it was what he loved to do.

With what little info I have - it sounds to me like you are on that second path. It may not be overly affecting yet (and may never be), but it could get that way if you don't reign in control. Whether that means limiting yourself, or more effectively, cutting it out all together.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    ok i would like to thank everyone for their very helpful information and am going to start making changes in my life :) but i would greatly appreciate it if we let it go now and stop commenting on it as i get the point now! i know you are all helping and thats what i asked for but the comments are getting repetitive now and are not really giving me any new information... as ive meantioned several times now im making changes and am going to stop drinking

so ill ask you all to stop commenting and bringing it to the front of the topics for more people to comment!

(and if any one knows how to delete a topic feel free to let me know)