Chris Powell's 7 day carb cycling

Options
13»

Replies

• FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I know you said I wouldn't lose anymore weight, however I lost 30 pounds in 46 days.. I have since stopped for the moment but I have a workout buddy I will be going with 5 days a week. I workout quite a bit and I have followed it to the letter. I will be back on it on Monday and I plan on losing another 20-40 lbs before I get pregnant and I will be very happy!!

I would burn anywhere from 1200 to 1500 calories and then I would do strength training 3-4 days a week. I never felt better, and I can't wait to get back to it.

I recommend it for anyone that wants to get healthy and lose weight the healthy way..
    I've done almost the exact same thing you have, but I haven't cycled carbs. 32 lbs in 49 days.
    Carb cycling isn't about losing more weight, it's about preserving muscle mass. You may have loss the same about of weight, but I'd be willing to bet you loss more LBM also.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    2nd day of the Turbo Cycle & was wondering if anybody else is carb cycling? Please let us know how things are going if you are!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
  • vhuber
    Options
    ANYBODY???
  • justrae83
    justrae83 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have now been on this carb cycle program for 3 weeks and have lost 10 pounds! JUST LIKE THAT. I swear, the first week I was like, there is no way this is correct. Ha ha cuz your whole life people keep saying eat less to lose more. Every day I had to eat like 5 times and I just keep thinking omg I am going to gain like 5 pounds this week lol. Weigh in day came and BOOM, first week…down 4 pounds. I am only on week 4 and already feel a HUGE DIFFRENCE!! It makes me WANT to work out and WANT to say no to crap food, cuz after you been on the program and u finaly have that food, it taste like chemicals and grease.
  • vhuber
    Options
    I have now been on this carb cycle program for 3 weeks and have lost 10 pounds! JUST LIKE THAT. I swear, the first week I was like, there is no way this is correct. Ha ha cuz your whole life people keep saying eat less to lose more. Every day I had to eat like 5 times and I just keep thinking omg I am going to gain like 5 pounds this week lol. Weigh in day came and BOOM, first week…down 4 pounds. I am only on week 4 and already feel a HUGE DIFFRENCE!! It makes me WANT to work out and WANT to say no to crap food, cuz after you been on the program and u finaly have that food, it taste like chemicals and grease.
    Thank you for the update! I sorta blew it tonite with some pizza but will hop back on the bandwagon tomorrow!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Congrats. But, you lost water weight as well as weight from eating less calories than you burned. There is no magic in carb cycling.
  • MREMel
    MREMel Posts: 1
    Options
    hey
    i am also following 7 day carb cycling but i didn't see a 9 minute work out there? is it in the 2nd book? should i read it for better results or is it ok to go with the 1st book?
    do you reccomend?
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump!

For the ones that are still on it, what are your meal plans like? I am doing the Turbo cycle and still a little confused on what I should be eating.
  • Torreyj08
    Torreyj08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting the Turbo Cycle on Sunday. Looking forward to it and hearing how everyone is doing with it!
  • lady_blue
    Options
    I'm planning to start the Turbo Cycling on monday. I am looking to lose 11lbs in 6 weeks which is totally doable. I haven't purchased the book but will follow the guidelines Chris and Heidi provide in their blogs. I will also continue searching online for meal plans and ideas. I still can't find information as for the amount of carbs to be consumed. I know for low carb days is 1200 calories and for high cal days it's 1500. But how many grams of carbs do you have to consumed? I guess I'll just use my judgement...

I'm also currently on a diet bet hosted by Chris and Heidi.
  • vancurensj
    Options
    I am on week 2 of the carb cycle solution doing the classic plan. The first week was great, I felt fantastic and I dropped weight. Week 2 I am still dropping weight but I feel so sick. The thought of eating makes me want to throw up and I feel nauseous all the time. It takes me 45 min to eat a meal because I can't stand to put the food in my mouth. Someone please tell me this will pass! I really think this program is going to work great for me but because I feel so sick I really don't want to continue it.
  • jordanwlosing
    jordanwlosing Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • halaghh
    halaghh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to eat every three hours at first. The first few weeks I kept feeling either really hungry or sick of shoving food in my mouth constantly. It passes. Now I am six weeks in and down almost 19 lbs. Maybe you should try the turbo. It's not quite as much food.
  • NoraHofmans
    NoraHofmans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I started Chris Powell's carb cycling classic plan 3 weeks ago. I can tell you, I do not crave any food. On Sunday funday, there really isnt anything I cant live without.

I must be doing something wrong though, because my poor hubby has only lost 1 pound. He has a very physical job and has stayed on plan. I have only lost 4 pounds. We are both very over weight, so I expected to lose more. Especially since I get up early and do about 15 min of exercises 3 days a week and cardio 6 days a week. Any tips or tweaks would be appreciated.