Does Anyone Workout at Home?

Options

Replies

• raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I get up before my kids and do 45-60 minutes of cardo most days. As someone else mentioned I too have a ton of workout dvds and rotate them (Leslie Sansone). Some days I'll go walk the neighborhood for the same amount of time. I try to stay on my feet as much as I can throughout the day. I have three kids in superman stage (will try to jump, fly, climb over anything in their path) so staying on my feet isn't too hard. I'm also trying to make good choices so that I can set an example. I really really dont want them to have the same weight struggles I have had so we go walking, or to the park, or for tricycle rides around the neighborhood. So far it's working!
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have worked out at home for the last 8 years. I get up and get it done! I have a huge library of DVD's and plan workout routines in advance so I don't have an excuse to opt out.

However, I still keep a gym membership for my yoga classes and boot camps in case I want some variety and new ideas.
    241992 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Have you ever done tons of crunches and sit-ups?
    Have you tried everything to lose that stubborn belly fat?
    Do you have a firm grasp on how to gain muscle on the rest of your body?
    But You see no results In your body and abs?

If you say yes then you are not alone.
    I also suffered from these frustrations when I was having a fatty Belly and Tammy.
    I have the solution for the Guys who are trying to have abs, As I was also trying to have the same.

http://e2489-f18q6uatfe0gm9gvirlw.hop.clickbank.net/

I hope It will help you a lot In many ways.
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Try this free site: www.fitnessblender.com/v/exercise-group/Full-Length-Workout-Videos/2l/

My cable company has a free on demand section with over 20 workout videos with something for everyone.

When I get bored with workout videos I go to my ipod exercise tunes playlist, put the headphones on, and start dancing for 25 min
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm a home workout girl! I've got my TV set up out in the garage for my DVD's, a weight bench, my dumbbell rack and dumbbells, etc, etc. I find it easier to work out at home because I don't have to leave home. Getting in the car to drive to a gym that I have to pay a monthly fee for and dread going simply because I imagine I look slightly impaired when exercising just isn't my thing. At home, I have the freedom to do what I want to do when I want to do it. As for motivation, every loss fuels me more, so I just go out and get it done.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. I workout soon after waking (within the hour) that way it's done and out of the way for the day. If I wait until later on, say around 4ish I have more chance of not feeling up to it.
  • Getmy1back
    Options
    The Kinect is an absolute miracle. Fun, easy, addictive, and you're burning major calories all the while: especially when dancing (my personal favorite). I'm not a 'gym person', it feels too much like work to me. But thinks like cleaning the house and walking the dog, along with playing video games (with Kinect) mean I get to kill two birds with one stone: workout while having fun / being productive.
  • brinaz88
    brinaz88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i work out at home! i do turbo fire!! next program i'm gonna do insanity!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Exclusively work out at home. The gym is about 6 steps away from where I'm sitting, so there is no excuse.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I do...I either do p90x, insanity or elliptical...I also run when I'm pissed...I can't afford weights so ( I know this is lame but idc) I lift my couch and put it down...fill milk jugs with sand and use em like kettlebells, lots of bands...my new goal is upside down push UPS..I have managed to be upside down...that's it lol.
  • raiseyourgame
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred right now. I recommend doing a challenge for a set number of days so you can cross them off :)
  • Kiki_009
    Kiki_009 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do! I TRY to get up earlier than the kids and do my Power 90 DVDs (sometimes on cardio days I jog on the treadmill instead). Most of the time I don't make it up early enough and the kids watch a TV show while I finish (often this means putting the DVD into the computer so they can watch the TV). If I don't do it in the morning, I'll never find the time.

And I also keep my workout clothes in the basement (where I work out) so they're staring at me as soon as I get down there reminding me not to lie down on the couch and watch TV with the kids. :)
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I buy fitness DVDs whenever I find them on sale so that I have a variety of workouts (strength training, cardio, dance, yoga, tae bo, pilates, walk programs) and I do not get bored. I spend about $5 a piece for them because I buy the "older" DVDs like 30 Day Shred. I buy fitness DVDs at weird places like TJ Maxx that don't focus on fitness. Or I'll "splurge" on a $10 DVD at Walmart. I invested in 2 sets of hand weights (8 lbs and 10 lbs). I already had a 3 lb set. I have resistance bands, stability ball and jump rope. The only thing I want to add now is a hula hoop.

It can be done and you can get a well-rounded workout without a whole bunch of expensive equipment. Just switch it up at the first sign of boredom. I also workout in front of a mirror. It helps keep me pumped when I see myself pushing through the difficult workouts. Also, it helps me make sure I have proper form on certain moves.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I only workout at home. We have a treadmill, stationary bike, & my husband's Bowflex home gym with the different weights/pulley system. I love walking & jogging outdoors around the neighborhood. So many hills & inclines to push my endurance. I have a fair collection of exercise DVDs to keep me busy .
  • LaurieLynnMiller
    Options
    I work out at home a lot. I have a treadmill and an old Total Gym. Also have a very small above ground pool, just big enough to swim in a circle. I work out most days, and don't have a gym membership. I just mix it up: do the treadmill a couple days a week, go bicycling a couple days a week and swim several times a week. Sometimes I do some strength training on the total gym.
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. I have everything I need so I don't need to go to the gym. I have my own sets of workout DVD's and keep adding to my collection so that I can rotate my program and keep boredom at bay.

The best thing it to try workouts that work for you and that appeal to you. So, if you love cardiio, then do workouts that include a lot of cardio but always good to also do some light weight training to help you build nice lean muscle mass. It will help you burn more calories and fat.

If you like weight lifting (like me:wink: ) I choose DVD's that include at least 3 days of weight lifing.

So, its a matter of choosing what you like and something that you will keep you motivated.

Good luck!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. All I have is some fitness books and an adjustable dumbbell set. As far as staying motivated, it's hard because it's just me, myself and I but being part of MFP helps me to feel connected.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I like both. I like to do yoga and cardio video's at home. But walking or jogging, I like to do either outside or at the gym on the treadmill, I also lift at the gym. I have onDemand through my cable provider and theres a sport and fitness section that has free exercise videos, they change every couple of months so I can always find something good.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't have time for the gym before or after work so I brought the gym to me. I use workout videos ( I love Leslie Sansone!), invested in a good treadmill and put a tv in the same room with it so I can catch up on "my" shows, an exercise ball and light free weights. Best of luck!!!!!
  • michelle_w_04
    michelle_w_04 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I do my workouts at home. For me it is much easier and I have no excuses then! I've done Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and now am doing her Ripped in 30 Days. I do alternate the two so I'm not always doing the same thing(I get bored that way). That in conjuction with MFP and my husband doing it with me is working for me.