6,000 calorie burn?!

Options
13»

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Thank god for a certian friend who texts me like that all the time. I'm now a good decipherer :wink:

I love you!! :laugh: That was great!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    yes i want to lose ten pounds. if i dont get off my butt i wont. but thats my goal it not really unheathy like you would think it is. what i"m trying to do is turn my fat in to fuel so my body is in fat burning mode at all times you can eat 1200 calorie and eat more heatheir than at 3000 cal my body is telling me it tired and dose not want to move it dose not want to let lose with this 100 pounds it storing for a rainy day but i need for fuel for all the exercising im doing thats wheri those power drinks come in to help you win the war you only need tham for a couple of weeks untill your body gives up the fuel it needs
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    yes i want to lose ten pounds. if i dont get off my butt i wont. but thats my goal it not really unheathy like you would think it is. what i"m trying to do is turn my fat in to fuel so my body is in fat burning mode at all times you can eat 1200 calorie and eat more heatheir than at 3000 cal my body is telling me it tired and dose not want to move it dose not want to let lose with this 100 pounds it storing for a rainy day but i need for fuel for all the exercising im doing thats wheri those power drinks come in to help you win the war you only need tham for a couple of weeks untill your body gives up the fuel it needs

If you are exercising everyday with an intense workout, you need to eat those extra calories to help your body burn the fat. Starving yourself won't do it. There is a reason you eat your exercise calories, it gives you energy throughout the day.
  • lizzys
    Options
    no if you are exerciseing hard your body use your fat as fuel and really dose not need a hole lot of food that why you see people get sick theri bodys use the fat as fuel not the food your body dose not need a lot of food it only need s 1200 that why i"m obess what it dose need is those 1200 calories to be good calories and not bad ones . when you exercise hard my body dose not want a lot of food and i swear my tummy is shrinking it must be the abs its not like i"m a person with a lot of will power it just seems like my bodys own reaction to all this exercise i"m getting
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Another thing to keep in mind about buring 6000 calories, is that at 300 lbs, one's BMR would be close to 3500 calories alone - so that is only adding 2500 calories of exerise, which could be acheived in a few hours of work daily.

I'm not saying I think it is healthy, but it is something I kept in mind when my eyes bugged out at the number - I think it seems really shocking to those of us who have a BMR of 1500 cals!
    :smile:

As a 300 lber I identify with this. If I played 18 holes of golf in the morning (walking), and then swam all afternoon I wouldn't gave any problem getting to 6000 calories.

A discussion of a 1200 calorie diet is so far out of my frame of reference I just ingnore those threads.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Another thing to keep in mind about buring 6000 calories, is that at 300 lbs, one's BMR would be close to 3500 calories alone - so that is only adding 2500 calories of exerise, which could be acheived in a few hours of work daily.

I'm not saying I think it is healthy, but it is something I kept in mind when my eyes bugged out at the number - I think it seems really shocking to those of us who have a BMR of 1500 cals!
    :smile:

As a 300 lber I identify with this. If I played 18 holes of golf in the morning (walking), and then swam all afternoon I wouldn't gave any problem getting to 6000 calories.

A discussion of a 1200 calorie diet is so far out of my frame of reference I just ingnore those threads.

Yep, I guess I just thought they were burning a total of 6,000 calories at the gym alone...Now I don't feel like as much of a slacker. :laugh:
  • Fastpony
    Options
    You would be suprised what you actually burn in a day. I have a GoWear Fit (made by the same company as BodyBugg) and I have burned up to 3700 calories in a day just working outside, no actual workout. I am 5'8" and 160 lbs, so I think 6000 is probably not that insane considering how much they workout and what they weigh.

Also, when you are new to dieting and working out your body responds much differently than someone who is fit and ten pounds from goal weight.
  • yaylucy
    yaylucy Posts: 1
    Options
    I read today that the average woman (155lbs) would need to eat LESS than 1200 calories to be burning calories by our daily activities. In the past the daily life would burn about 4000 per day, doing average every day tasks. Now we burn less than 1000 a day! Ridiculous. People need to get off their butts :) I went biking to the shops the other day and burned about 2000 calories just out and about for the afternoon. (Of course I bike pretty fast, but still!)
  • lizzys
    Options
    just think if you would burn 6000 cals what you could eat sorry that was so wrong of me to say it isnt how much exercise it all comes down to how much you eat
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I weigh 172 and my daily 'burn' according to my Bodybugg is right around 3000 calories. To get that, I generally walk the dogs for 75 minutes and do 45-60 minutes of cardio. I have a slightly lower 'burn' on strength training days. Today I did nothing...I really had a true rest day, and just putzing around the house and going to the grocery store, I burned close to 2300.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    That's how much Bob on BIggest Loser said a girl's gotta burn each day! Holy moly! They've gotta burn 6,000 all still while taking in 1,200! And guys have to burn 8,000 (I am guessing they take in 1,800?...it wasn't mentioned). They've gotta be dead at the end of the day...I know if I burn 1,000 I'm beat! :laugh: No wonder they lose as much weight a week as they do. :noway:

6000 calories and 8000 calories?

Excerpt from the net regarding Tour de France cyclists:

Riders during the Tour de France, and during a 6hour 48min mountain stage (with nearly 4 hours of climbing ending on Alpe d'Huez) a rider in a breakaway burned about 6500 calories on the bike.

These cyclists are trained athletes, supermen if you like, they burn those calories, how the hell are grossly overweight people supposed to do the same?

Sometimes people are asked too much nowadays and it is all for sensationalism. I find the Biggest Loser competitiors very inspiring, however, I am really beginning to question the personal trainers' intentions - something is not right here.