Guess My Nationality

Options

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Hahahaah @MaraDiaz...youre funny ...No Slovakia nor Poland, move down :)

You know Americans don't know geography! :laugh: Hungary?

@kmel: Norway?

Nope, not from the Nordic countries, but that is what most people do think, funny! I am a big mix actually. Majority Irish/Italian with some Portuguese and French Canadian:)

It's your eyes and hair. I thought Norway, but maybe you'd been in a tanning bed!
  • kmel2479
    kmel2479 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Nope, not from the Nordic countries, but that is what most people do think, funny! I am a big mix actually. Majority Irish/Italian with some Portuguese and French Canadian:)

It's your eyes and hair. I thought Norway, but maybe you'd been in a tanning bed!

@MaraDiaz- Haha, I got the tan skin of the Italian/Portuguese with the blue/blonde of the Irish. My brothers and sister used to tease that I was adopted because they are all brown/brown with darker skin!! Funny how everyone looks different and very interesting stuff!
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options

Ya that would be crazy trying to figure out. thanks for taking it easy on us
  • kmel2479
    Options

Ya that would be crazy trying to figure out. thanks for taking it easy on us
    :laugh: I just like hearing what people think because I am such a mix!!
  • MaraDiaz
    Options

@MaraDiaz- Haha, I got the tan skin of the Italian/Portuguese with the blue/blonde of the Irish. My brothers and sister used to tease that I was adopted because they are all brown/brown with darker skin!! Funny how everyone looks different and very interesting stuff!

I agree, very interesting. My side of the family is mostly like me, definitely not people who need to be in the sun! But most of my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins on my Dad's side have dark eyes, black hair, and a year round tan. Sometimes I'm tempted to ask my dad if he's sure he's not adopted!
  • majac10
    majac10 Posts: 51
    Options

No, I laughed at *Breaks out the map* :))) ..Hungary, no...but your veeerryy close
  • MaraDiaz
    Options

No, I laughed at *Breaks out the map* :))) ..Hungary, no...but your veeerryy close

Well at least I started in the right region for once! How about Serbia/Croatia? (I'm cheating and counting them together!) Oh and Bosnia, if I'm going to cheat, I might as well moosh 3 countries together!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Canadian yes - French - non :P

Darn it, even when I cheat and look at profiles I'm bad at this! :laugh:

Im pretty much Heinz 57 to be totally honest
    most things European, little Aboriginal in there too
    both my paternal grandparents are newphies (oh boy!)

That's pretty much how I am, mostly Irish but also lots of this and that, only you're further north. Where it's colder. Lucky you!

Ha ha its far from cold here. I'm in the most southern part of Canada, there's actually a few states more North than I! And let me reel you this heat is killing me thus year
  • kmel2479
    Options
    @majac- Oh my gosh this is killing me!!
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    Canadian yes - French - non :P

Darn it, even when I cheat and look at profiles I'm bad at this! :laugh:

Im pretty much Heinz 57 to be totally honest
    most things European, little Aboriginal in there too
    both my paternal grandparents are newphies (oh boy!)

That's pretty much how I am, mostly Irish but also lots of this and that, only you're further north. Where it's colder. Lucky you!

Ha ha its far from cold here. I'm in the most southern part of Canada, there's actually a few states more North than I! And let me reel you this heat is killing me thus year

I know, you guys have been getting some crazy heat. Of course down here we just call that "Summer" and it lasts half the blasted year sometimes.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Kmel - Irish/German.
  • majac10
    Options
    @ MaraDiaz, it's good you mentioned two of them..I am a Croat living in Bosnia and Herzegovina...so I have double nationality ;)
  • kmel2479
    Options
    @ MaraDiaz, it's good you mentioned two of them..I am a Croat living in Bosnia and Herzegovina...so I have double nationality ;)

Very cool!! Totally off topic, but what are those countries like?
  • MaraDiaz
    Options

Whoo hoo! I'm getting better at this! :laugh:
  • kmel2479
    Options
    Kmel - Irish/German.

I'm Irish/Italian/Portuguese/French Canadian in that order- not really a fair contestant in this game:tongue: , but I'm always curious what people think. I'd say you are Italian.
  • majac10
    Options

Well, my country is a mixture of Croats, Serbs and Bosniaks, ...we were part of Yugoslavia, (perhaps you know something about that.) Even twenty years after the war, we still struggle with nationality issues. But, apart from that....beautiful countries :)

...I still don't get where do you live
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    Heeeello people...gues me, guess me!
  • MaraDiaz
    Options

German? Er...which one is you?
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options

Which one are you??
  • kmel2479
    Options

Well, my country is a mixture of Croats, Serbs and Bosniaks, ...we were part of Yugoslavia, (perhaps you know something about that.) Even twenty years after the war, we still struggle with nationality issues. But, apart from that....beautiful countries :)

I hear ya, I am really interested in other cultures and it is fascinating to hear about them from people who actually live there rather than say a travel show or something.

I live in the US- Irish/Italian mostly but a big mix:happy:

...I still don't get where do you live