365 days logging on MFP, -40lb, half way to goal (pic)

Options
paxetamore
paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
I've done so much logging, I could have built a house by now HA!

Funny, thought I would have been at minus 80 when I started with MFP a year ago. I had lost a few before finding beloved MFP :love: My, what we learn. Anyhow, I will celebrate the 40 pounds gone and keep on keepin' on...

365logging_Jul2012.jpg

43 y/o 5'8"

The logging has really been key for me. For example, tonight after work (due to poor planning on my part), I was ravenous while doing errands. The "old" me would have pulled right into some convenient drive-thru for dinner. The "new" me, however, bought some lightly salted almonds and a water to get me by until a healthier dinner could be prepared at home =D

So, there is hope afterall. I guess the point of this story is that no matter the ups and downs in this journey, we just keep applying new knowledge and creating new habits each day. Something WILL happen, I promise. Cheers to another year!

And special thanks to my fab MFP peeps! I would not still be here without you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    hmmm. pic issues... followed posting instructions... trying to fix

update: yay! got it!
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, Roxane. I am so proud to be one of your peeps here. You are awesome! Keep it up!
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    Great job....you look Great!!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    SUPER!!! You will hit your 80 in time, but until then you are looking GREAT!
  • Chanita1116
    Options
    You look hot mama!!! W2G!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    You.... look.... amazing! And sexy rocking those boots! FANTASTIC JOB! Keep it up!
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! Great accomplishment! :drinker:
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look terrific!!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Wow thats fantastic! Congrats on your success! You look amazing!!!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Great job, and you look fantastic!
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    your are right --- its changing the way you think about things !!!

Yesterday I had to run errands during my lunch hour at Target. I thought, Hmmm, maybe I'll
    splurge and get a mini pizza (pizza hut) - I've been doing good. When I got in the store, and
    looked at all the Larger people stopping in at Pizza hut to do the same, I decided that I didnt
    want to be one of them.

I got a turkey sandwich on healthy grain - removed the cheese and had it with just lettuce
    and tomatoe (no mayo).

So you are correct -- the old me would have gotten the pizza and said oh well the day is
    shot. The new me says "NO to the old me". That alone makes me feel great. Keep up
    the journey -- your doing awesome !
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Congratulations! You look wonderful. I'm am SO looking forward to the day I can do what you've just done. Post those before/after pics (or during pics :wink: )
  • ltaylor208402
    ltaylor208402 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look Great...keep up the good work a big difference from the before pic. :flowerforyou:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You look great. You will reach your goal. I have a Wii too and I got a game called Walk it out. You walk to music. I love it! Got mine at Amazon.com.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look amazing!
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations!
  • kaubin97
    kaubin97 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congrats
  • SueAflag
    SueAflag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME! Keep the good work up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!