• JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    National: Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 54% of females aged 15-29 in your country Global

Global: Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 85% of females aged 15-29 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 33,138,483 tonnes tothe total weight of the world's population

If I change my age to 30 to put myself in the older range the below and above stays the same but the percent changes to 68% for each.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well that made me want to kill myself.

haha! Me too! I'm officially a heifer!! :laugh:
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Neat!

BMI lower than 91% of females my age in my country, Lower than 80% of the females in the world.
    "If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 66,691,507 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population"
    •"Most like someone from Vietnam"•
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    let me just say this...total bollocks is what this is. I freakin' hate the BMI measurement, and for the love of god stop using it!!!

i'm 44, 5'10, 178....BMI is 26, i'm overweight...really?.... Body Fat % is the only thing that counts. To be honest, you're better off with no scale at all, just a simple tape measure.

*rant over*..
  • lupa_girl
    lupa_girl Posts: 21
    Options
    *rocks in the corner* Well that was certainly depressing.

My country was Tonga and I am the fattest female in my age range in the world.

*munches on a damn carrot stick* :sad:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Mine came up quite rosy I'm apparently in the lower 10 % of my country and getting more 3rd world in my weight... my mate who is pretty much the same, I'd argue a lot fitter than me came up a fatty.... The difference I'm and inch or two talller

All this kind of rubbish serves to prove is you can prove whatever you want

% body fat ... I would be interested

Remember

Matt Damon - BMI 26

Brad Pitt - BMI 28

George Clooney - BMI 29

... and that doesn't mean YOU aren't fat

Seriously, if your BMI is over 25 you are either (1) overweight from excess fat or (2) "overweight" from excess muscle. If you happen to be part of the minority of people with an overweight BMI but low body fat %, you know damn well you are because you put a lot of work into getting that extra muscle. The index works pretty well for average people with average muscle mass and average amounts of BF%. It isn't nearly as flawed as people like to believe to make themselves feel better on this site. Those three actors put a lot of time, effort, and money into adding muscle mass to get their physique.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Your numbers
    Obesity Index
    19bmi
    BMI is an estimate of how "overweight" or "obese" a person is
    National
    Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 95% of females aged 30-44 in your country
    Global
    Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 81% of females aged 30-44 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 56,163,664 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population
    You're most like someone from Ethiopia*

ETHIOPIA???
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    BMI 22 AT 5FT 7INCHES 139POUNDS Female 36years old
    well it says I am most like someone from Burkina Faso

National
    Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 89% of females aged 30-44 in your country

Global
    Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 66% of females aged 30-44 in the world
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm above average in both, I've always been an overachiever...err wait?
  • Beatrix0810
    Beatrix0810 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm below average in both and most like Pakistan haha.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Tanzania
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Your numbers
    Obesity Index

25bmi
    BMI is an estimate of how "overweight" or "obese" a person is National
    Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 82% of males aged 45-59 in your country Global
    Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 51% of males aged 45-59 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 13,378,763 tonnes tothe total weight of the world's population You're most like someone from South Korea*
    * Compared with other males aged 45-59 in South Korea
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Well that made me want to kill myself.

same =/ haha
    i got some work to do!
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm basically the one of the fattest people in the world apparently boo hoo :sad:
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'd be at home in tonga apparently, that's where the fat people are.:glasses:
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Mine came up quite rosy I'm apparently in the lower 10 % of my country and getting more 3rd world in my weight... my mate who is pretty much the same, I'd argue a lot fitter than me came up a fatty.... The difference I'm and inch or two talller

All this kind of rubbish serves to prove is you can prove whatever you want

% body fat ... I would be interested

Remember

Matt Damon - BMI 26

Brad Pitt - BMI 28

George Clooney - BMI 29

... and that doesn't mean YOU aren't fat

Seriously, if your BMI is over 25 you are either (1) overweight from excess fat or (2) "overweight" from excess muscle. If you happen to be part of the minority of people with an overweight BMI but low body fat %, you know damn well you are because you put a lot of work into getting that extra muscle. The index works pretty well for average people with average muscle mass and average amounts of BF%. It isn't nearly as flawed as people like to believe to make themselves feel better on this site. Those three actors put a lot of time, effort, and money into adding muscle mass to get their physique.

It absolutely is because a) how does this study differentiate between high fat BMI and muscle BMI.

The point that people keep spouting isn't 'I have a high BMI and look how hot I am therefore it is rubbish' It is the number of fat people who claim there BMI is high largely because they are muscled , when in reality they are fat and have never lifted a weight in their life.

BMI comes up quite rosy for me -- it doesn't mean that stops me from seeing its TOTAL lack of worth and indeed the dangers of assumptions made from it

(I accept this list is just a bit of fun and maybe I'm taking it to seriously - but I hope people don't think they are gaining any valuable information from it)
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a lower BMI than 66% of females aged 15-29 in your country.

I have a higher BMI than 74% of females aged 15-29 in the world.

I am most like someone from Paraguay.

What interest me is that I am far from the average in my native country Philippines....meaning if I go home to visit, everyone is going to think I am fat.....:sad:
  • my BMI is 21. I have a lower BMI than 88% of females ages 15-29 in my country, and a lower BMI than 60% of females ages 15-29 in the world.
    I am most likely from Chad. lol
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options

Apparently I am above fat for my place, above fat globally... and I am most like someone from Samoa.. which sounds about right since I am tall and gigantic. And have awesome hair. The end.

Yeah, me too! Truly made me want to rip the numbers right off the damn screen!!!!!!!! Rudeness in a computer!

I am tall and gigantic too! (and I have awesome hair!) Gotta love numbers in a bottle.
  • jephry
    jephry Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am most like someone from Grenada. GRENADA?!?

My numbers
    Obesity Index: 27bmi

National:
    Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 64% of males aged 30-44 in your country

Global
    Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 74% of males aged 30-44 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 38,946,809 tonnes tothe total weight of the world's population You're most like someone from Grenada

GRENADA?!?