Where are you on the global fat scale?

Options

Replies

• SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    How can you calculate body fat percentage based on sex, age, height and weight. Complete rubbish! The BBC should know better.

EXACTLY! They're not calculating body fat percentage... they're basing this all on the flawed BMI scale. I'm 37 on that scale but have 28% body fat.
  • scrittenden
    scrittenden Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i too apparently am the fattest person in the world.. coming in 100% more fat than the rest of the uk and 100% more fat than the rest of the world lmao. its a good thing i woke up in a positive mood today lol
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm below average for both - less fat than 80% of women in my country and 52% of the world. I'm most like someone from Lithuania :P
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    That makes me feel so much better!

Well I think it has made my wife re-consider her body image! She is most like someone from North Korea so it's only the African countries such as Etheopia, and Asian contries such as Bangladesh - essentially the countries where the is a lot of malnourishment, that she is bigger than!

Next time she tells me she feels fat I'm going to re-visit this!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    My wife is most like someone from North Korea, and I'm most like someone from South Korea

There's going to be fireworks!

Those aren't fireworks!! TAKE COVER!!
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wahey, it appears, I'm fatter than 100% of the population of the entire universe combined! I am a behemoth beast creature from the planet MASSIVO it appears and therefore the fattest creature ever conceived of! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :laugh: I love these things!

Me too!

Right now, I feel like I'm the Pillsbury Dough Boy of the world, and everyone else are the tiny little Ghostbusters trying to deal with my 100% fatter *kitten*.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Well that made me want to kill myself.

Ditto
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'm from Tonga, it told me. Also, I'm the fattest woman in Canada and the rest of the world.

*cough*
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Apparently I am most like somebody from Kazakhstan.....less fat than 68% of females age 30-44 in the UK but more than 55% globally :ohwell:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    You have less body fat than 73% of females aged 30-44 in your country
    You have more body fat than 61% of females aged 30-44 in the world

You're most like someone from Austria
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Most like someone from Singapore.

Less body fat than 79% of females aged 15-29 in my country (UK)
    Less body fat than 53% of females aged 15-29 in the world.

ETA: What I don't like is it says "body fat" instead of weight. Just did this for my bf, he's overweight by the BMI (26) but has around 11% body fat, and quite a lot of muscle. It should say "you are heavier than...."
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm fatter than over %50 of females in the USA and over %80 of people worldwide. I'm such a pig. No wonder so many people are starving, I done et all the food. Seriously, that bothers me for more reasons than just aesthetics.

At goal weight I'll be thinner than %92 of American women my age and %74 worldwide.

At my lowest ever weight (too low!) I had less body fat than %90 of women in the world (lucky I'm not dead from that dieting escapade).

At my highest, it says I had more body fat than %100 of females in the world. Oh joy, I was the fattest woman in the world. Oh wait, no, %3 of American women were fatter. Phew.

Thanks for this link!
  • hurricanehodz
    Options
    Micronesia??? where lol , damning result a load of poppycock if you ask me
  • ahigg396
    ahigg396 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Below and below...most like someone from Djibouti. Lies. lol
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    lol me too!!! i have more body fat than 100% that woman from 15-29 on both nationally and globaly :/ this is even worse than the bmi :sad:

This is what proves this is absolute rubbish cos of course you're not the heaviest person in your age range IN THE WORLD - it's ridiculous and clearly very flawed! Have they not included bigger people at all or something? So damaging to put this stuff out there!
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Well that *kitten* depressed me.
  • hendongirl
    hendongirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    yeah..... fattest person in the known and unknown universe here...
    thanks for that! lol
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ethiopia
    Smack at the bottom of the chart.
    I feel better about pigging out yesterday now.
  • alexforyou
    Options
    I have less body fat than 96% of males aged 15-29 in your country, which means I have less body fat than 78% of males aged 15-29 in the world.

I'm most like someone from North Korea!
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    That's an awesome link! Thanks!

I am most like someone from Switzerland...and I'm SO not surprised. I always tell people I am solid and I can account for every pound I carry around! LOL!

I have less body fat than 72% of females aged 30-44 in the US. :smile:

But compared to the rest of the world, I have more body fat than 63% of females aged 30-44. :tongue:

These numbers only say one thing about women my age...us Americans are NOT fit! I'm working on changing that...my contribution to the US! :drinker: