How long have you held onto your skinny clothes?

Options
124»

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I have some things from the early 90s that I'm able to wear again. And all the stuff (sweaters and tops) I had ordered from Victoria's Secret catalog in '93 that didn't fit, but I kept anyway. They fit now, and some are too big!
  • gluttonforfashion
    Options
    Funny you asked, because I just brought out my skinny jeans last night. I have tons of jeans from 7-10 years ago that need to be worn again
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The oldest? I have a few pairs of jeans I bought when I was about 14 years old, around 1986. I was able to zip and button them again last summer. This summer? Not quite. Got a bit more muscle in my booty now, and it doesn't squish into jeans like my old flat butt did. :happy:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn/view/like-omigawd-totally-125431
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Bugle Boy jeans size 34 from 1989....I'm going to wear them to work when i hit my goal weight too.

Woot! I remember those! 1989 baby! Yeah!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Bugle Boy jeans size 34 from 1989....I'm going to wear them to work when i hit my goal weight too.

If you get cell phone video of somone saying, "excuse me are those bugle boy jeans you're wearing" I'll send you 20 bucks.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smokin:
  • HerbT51
    HerbT51 Posts: 36
    Options

I still have a couple of things I'm waiting to get in to....................and I'm wearing a cute, funky little blouse today that I know I bought at LEAST 30 years ago! Not kidding..........might even be closer to 40 years, cuz I know I had this thing in the 70's, and I remember where I bought it. The store's been closed since the 80's :wink: :wink:

Very good! I was recently able to wear a suade coat my wife bought for me about 35 years ago. The wife is long gone (divorced, not deceased) almost 20 years but I kept that coat. It brought back fond memories of a better time.

Of course, many posting here aren't as old as our "skinny clothes".
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I kept mine for a few years, and then gave a BUNCH away to my nephew....DANGIT. I wish I would have kept them, because I can't afford to buy that kind of stuff anymore.

$140 jeans are hard to give away. Trust me on that.

Plus I intend to be that size again, sooner rather than later.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I've had skinny close from about 7 years ago. Recently I let the really tiny ones go, but kept my favorite BR jeans. My husband made a valid point, when I lose this 50lbs I deserve to go on a shopping spree and treat myself to new stuff!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My "skinny clothes" are too big now! :wink: :bigsmile:
  • ewhitehurst1
    ewhitehurst1 Posts: 178
    Options
    This is embarrassing, but I have some from my freshman year of college (maybe even a few tops from high school). I am 30 now. I have a loooooonnnnnggggg way to go to get back into them! They will be so out of style by then! :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    My prom dress is from 1994. I was so damn excited to be able to put it on........the only part that didn't fit right was the boobs....I was a late bloomer, my girls didn't finish growing until I was in college, so I knew that would be an issue, but the rest of it fit perfectly. Huge victory!
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have this one dress from when I was about 20....a kickass black velvet backless dress..about 26 yrs old..wore it then and.did wear it 15 yrs ago for a wedding...I think it is a classic dress and will wear it again...actually, may wear it everyday when I fit into it!
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't really get rid of the skinny clothes unless I don't like/want to wear them anyway. The FAT clothes are a pleasure to unload though. Although unfortunately, my ex-husband worked at Saks Fifth Ave years ago and got a great discount, at the time I was 3 sizes bigger, so all the beautiful designer pieces I acquired have been sold off over the years. I still have a gorgeous Marc Jacobs tuxedo jacket that I plan to have tailored to fit me if possible...it's a size 10 and I wear a 4-6 so who knows...
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    No clothes saved from 25 years ago when I was at my lowest weight...for about twenty minutes.

The skinny clothes I have kept are two dresses that I bought 11 years ago, when I was about 10 pounds heavier than my goal weight. One is a medium. one is a small. I intend to wear the small to my husband's company Christmas party this year. Also, I have lots of clothes from when I got married in 2006, and I currently fit into most of them. Some are getting too big, actually...except around the middle. I hadn't had two babies back then yet. Ha ha.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options

If you get cell phone video of somone saying, "excuse me are those bugle boy jeans you're wearing" I'll send you 20 bucks.

YOU"RE ON!!!! Of course you might have to wait another year to 18 months...
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a few things now from the early 70's and possibly late 60s. LOL
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options

YOU"RE ON!!!! Of course you might have to wait another year to 18 months...

I'll wait and I am good for the 20
  • Kailuen
    Kailuen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    too long. lol. I held onto them for four years and finally gave them away. It's hard when you fancy them all plus some favorites.
  • rholland1125
    rholland1125 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had some from 10 years ago up until my storage unit got flooded last year...but I have more, from about 7 years ago LOL.
  • jessickkah
    Options
    I have a pair of low rise size 0 skinny jeans I've had for 5 years.
    Lawlz. :)