Looking for runners, or wannabe runners, or novice runners

Options

Replies

• eileengerace
    eileengerace Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've started back with my running and working on increasing my mileage per week. I've lost 50 pounds in the past year, about 18 since I started My fitnesspal and looking to lose about 20 more pounds.

I do strength training and run each week. I finished my first 5k in a long time last weekend. Please add me to your list looking for motivation and ideas from other runners.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Started running again in Jun and have my 1st 5K tomorrow. It's the 1st one i've done in about 2 years. Would love to have more friends that can share running tips and successes.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I started running about 7 weeks ago and have a 5K coming up on the 28th. Looking for more fun races to keep me going. Possibly looking to train for a 15K in November!
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm a so-so runner.... I started about 4 months ago and stopped because I really needed good running shoes and have since started again with a vengence now that I have good shoes. Love to have other runner friends. :) I'm working on being able to run 2 miles (almost there) then onto more
  • OnTheReg
    OnTheReg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to run as well C25K week 3 day 3 is next on my to run list. Feel free to add.
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the Galloway program in August for a half in February. That will be my third half. Hope to reach a full by 2014.

Sep 2012 5k
    Feb 2013 13.1
    Feb 2014 26.2
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hi there.....I've been running for about a year. Completed a marathon and a half marathon.

Right now I'm running around 15 miles a week...still coming back from a sprain I suffered in the aforementioned half marathon LOL.

Training now for a Super Spartan race in October.....will be my first mud run/obstacle course.

Sent you a friend request

:happy:
  • Anthyitis
    Anthyitis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I tried to start a C25K program twice and felt the first workout to be ridiculously difficult, so I went back to walking. A month later and I'm slowly adding in a little bit of jogging. I guess you could call me an aspiring runner?
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I am a seasoned runner. Quit smoking 16 yrs ago, gained weight, bought a treadmill, started walking, then jogging, ran a 5K and I was hooked. I have 2 full marathons under my belt, and multiple 1/2's, and tons of 5ks,10ks etc. I only run 4 days a week due to working 12 hours shifts the other 3 days. I am always looking for more running friends.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I am a novice runner - I am only 26 weeks old in my running age!

I started running back in January.
    I have taken three 10week courses and can run 5km.

I am not sure I am ready to jump into a 10km training program and I am considering re-joining the 5km group for another go around to build a stronger foundation.
  • Carofab16
    Carofab16 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first half marathon in 11 weeks!! EEEK.... Better start training properly from now :)

You can add to your friends... :)

Caroline
  • jennifermcshane
    Options
    "Wannabe runners." Haha, I think thats what I am. I've been runing for about 3 months and just completed my second 5k. It was tough but I beat my previous time. I'd love to have more running friends who can be encouraging and that I can learn from. I'd love to be able to do the Music City half marathon next year. Feel free to add me!
  • miguelrunner
    miguelrunner Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks EVERYONE! If I didn't add you, could YOU please add ME?? I would LOVE to have running buddies here to keep me motivated as well as motivate others.

MiguelRunner.com
  • freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Just been out for a jog 12k I do do aquite a bit of walking and hoping to reduce that down as I lose weight and get fitter. !0 mile charity race in October so 14 weeks to go. I CAN DO IT
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I used to run alot and have recently only just started running again. At the moment I can't run for very long, I guess it's where I haven't been active in so long but I love it so much and I know over time my speed and time will increase yay! Feel free to add me:)
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Options
    Sent you a request. Longest run is 12 miles and that's about as far as I ever really want to go. Prefer the physique of a sprinter over marathon runner. Was running an average of 35 miles a week off road on dirt trails before injuring my ankle. Signed up to do a Tough Mudder event in September so hoping to be healed before then to resume training. Currently do resistance work a few times a week and walk 3-5 miles daily. :)
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    A beginner runner here. Only been at it for a week but really want to improve since I enjoy it =) Feel free to add me.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Definitely a noob runner here! Actually on a week or so break from a foot injury (plantar fasciitis, we think) while running a mile! Feel free to add! My first 5k is on October 6th, and I'm 1/3 of the way there! :smile:
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey Miguel! :smile:
    I'm just a moderate endurance runner who uses the treadmill on an incline 3 times a week or so - no races or marathons for me :tongue:
    I'm averaging about 6-8km per run with a goal of 10km sometime in the next few weeks.
    Feel free to add me :flowerforyou: