Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im out.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the messages can be abrasive. Don't let that turn you off. You got some great advice. Make sure you eat all the calories MFP says to eat. Also, sounds like you are a pretty active guy. Make sure your settings are set appropriately. Just keep logging your food & exercise and it will happen faster than you think!
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    just to lighten up the thread a little..

everyone-has-an-*kitten*-friend.jpg
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Uh, yeah. If you alter your lifestyle drastically to lose the weight quickly, once you go back to normal you'll go back to normal. Catch my drift?

Your best bet is to take it slow. Do you want it right now, or do you want it forever?

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

Put in your numbers for your goal weight there. Take the number it gives you and eat it every day. Eat back maybe 50% of your exercise calories, more if you're hungry. You will get there in time, and you will stay there.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    You're doing this wrong. You're pretty much starving yourself. I'm 18 (well 17 but...) and started at 181 (On MFP, 190 before). Eat the amount of calories it tell you to eat and exercise. You can't rush it. I lost 12 pounds in about a month. You have to weight train and do cardio. Remember don't rush and don't starve yourself, you kill your metabolism and you lose muscle rather than fat that way.

Very true, listen to this kid. He is doing it right !