Lululemon Worth the $$$? Love it? Hate it?

Options
I noticed that my neighbor was looking quite trim. I asked her if she lost weight and she said. "Not a pound, everyone asks me that, it's the Lululemon". She was wearing the yoga pants and tank, it seriously took off inches.

I bought a few Lulu things form the pro shop at my gym on clearance and really do love them. I have had people tell me that they have been wearing the same Lulu stuff for 5 years and it has held up fabuolously. I went to the store in the mall and the regular prices were more than I was willing to pay.

Is it really worth the money? Or is it an overhyped status symbol?

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i dont know what it is.. but you got them.. so you tell us :P
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    $90 for a pair of pants?

no thanks, i'll exercise and save my money for video games.
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm too poor/cheap for lulu, lol. I stick to C9 by Target.

I have heard amazing things about them, but I can't justify spending that much for something I'm going to sweat in. I think Costco makes a knock-off that's very similar in quality, but a lot less expensive.
  • vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I like their clothes but find them ridiculously priced (I have 2 kids and they take up my money)!! :tongue:
    I find that Costco has great yoga clothing, especially their "Daskin" line and some "Tuff" shirts and they are ALOT cheaper ($20 for pants, $15 for shirt...give or take).

Jenn :wink:
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I love them :) Most of my running and yoga gear is lulu. It fits perfectly and holds up well no matter how much I sweat in it or wash it. Plus it looks fabulous. It is expensive, but to me it's worth it.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    try old navy. they have these compression pants that fit great. about $35 and they make you look skinner. i fit my *kitten* into a medium and i look like a size smaller in them! i usually wear a 10 jean or size 30 now
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options

I wear C9 a lot too. Works just fine for me plus I like my work out clothes to be a little baggy.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I love LuLu my mother-in-law has the pants and zip-up in all black and she looks like she loses like 5-10 pounds when she wears it... makes me jealous actually. I really want my own but so expensive.
    I have a few hand-me downs of the scuba hoodies.
  • SingeSange
    SingeSange Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    try old navy. they have these compression pants that fit great. about $35 and they make you look skinner. i fit my *kitten* into a medium and i look like a size smaller in them! i usually wear a 10 jean or size 30 now

I get a lot of my stuff from Old Navy too. Personally I hate being a walking advertisement for companies like Lulu... It's such a trend here and takes me back to high school days. Lol.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    WORTH IT.
  • LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE LULULEMON:love:

The quality of their clothes IS flipping fantastic and worth every penny to me. I have little hesitation about spending 60 or 70 bucks on a pair of running pants that are of such high quality and come with the features that they do. Pockets for your i.d, key's and ipod's. I've run in walmart pants and my preformance has not been the same.From my experience their clothing has helped shape me into the runner that I am today. It is beyond comfortable and you feel GOOD in their apparel. Not to mention it DOES WONDERS for your BUTT!!!!

It's true: any size/shape of butt looks wickedly juicy fit in a pair of lulu's. Worth every penny to me.
    :heart:
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I have a lululemon workout top, it is my favorite thing in the entire world to wear!! It's slimming and comfortable, plus I have a bigger chest and it helps keep everything in place! Definitely worth it to me!
  • auria17
    auria17 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm from Vancouver, So lulu is part of the daily wear here...lol The quality is good and I would say I think the men's line is even better than the ladies. You get what you pay for, it lasts a super long time if you wash it right, if you buy the cheap stuff it getts the fuzzy balls quicker and fades and stretches easier...
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me some lululemon for Christmas. I love it. It is a pricey treat...but as he says, I've earned it!
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    i have a shirt from there that i bought 4 years ago and still wear it to the gym once a week. they make quality clothing that lasts and looks great. you get what you pay for.
  • Annafly3
    Annafly3 Posts: 63
    Options
    I love my lulu, I have had some of my stuff for over 3+ years and it all still looks and smells great. Ya it will cost more $$ but it really lasts forever!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    We just got a Lululemon shop in the Mall of America, and having heard of it on here, I went in to investigate. I fell in LOVE with some of their stuff, but even the sale pants were around $60. I just can't afford them...I almost cried tears of working out sadness, lol

If I win the lottery, I'm headed back for sure :)
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    WORTH IT! WORTH IT!
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options

I have heard amazing things about them, but I can't justify spending that much for something I'm going to sweat in. I think Costco makes a knock-off that's very similar in quality, but a lot less expensive.

I'd wear lululemon everyday if I could afford that many out fits. :) You dont always have to workout in LULULEMON. :) I wear it to school and work.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm from Vancouver, So lulu is part of the daily wear here...lol The quality is good and I would say I think the men's line is even better than the ladies. You get what you pay for, it lasts a super long time if you wash it right, if you buy the cheap stuff it getts the fuzzy balls quicker and fades and stretches easier...

I'm in Seattle and all the cool Moms wear Lulu lol. When i was in line a mom in front of me bought her teenage daughter $300 worth of stuff for cheer. I really wanted her to adopt me!