Lululemon Worth the $$$? Love it? Hate it?

Options

Replies

• kathcanada
    Options
    Totally worth the money. Bought a few pieces about 8 years ago when I was in university and they STILL look fantastic and I've worn them lots, no pilling or anything. The first time I bought a pair of pants it was indeed difficult to stomach handing over $90 for workout pants, but they will last. I've bought the costco special brands before and in my experience they do start to pill quickly.

They also have a line of bras that suit everyone from smaller chested to larger chested women.
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Make my butt look fabulous, but really expensive. However I've been wearing the same pair for about 6 years... (I put them through the washer and the dryer which is apparently is bad)
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    100% WORTH IT.

Save up and Splurge. A 90$ pair of yoga pants will last you 3-4 years if you take care of them.
    Sweat wicking, super comfortable.

I have yoga pants, running tights, tops, running skort, shorts and a $60 bra - I have a $45 Underarmor bra that doesn't even compare.
    I wear Lululemon stuff whenever I work out, run, hit the gym, play sports, etc.

I can't wait for my trip to the states in two weeks - definitely going to get some new Lulu stuff as it's so much cheaper in the US!
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I noticed that my neighbor was looking quite trim. I asked her if she lost weight and she said. "Not a pound, everyone asks me that, it's the Lululemon". She was wearing the yoga pants and tank, it seriously took off inches.

I bought a few Lulu things form the pro shop at my gym on clearance and really do love them. I have had people tell me that they have been wearing the same Lulu stuff for 5 years and it has held up fabuolously. I went to the store in the mall and the regular prices were more than I was willing to pay.

Is it really worth the money? Or is it an overhyped status symbol?

You live in washington? You profile says pacific northwest. Will lululemon has an outlet up in burlington. and the stuff is way discounted! I got a pair of $50 shorts for $12. :)
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    My trainer buys her clothes from them. They have really nice designs for sure. The price tag is a little steep though.
  • vishk2809
    vishk2809 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have Costco yoga pants that are nearly the exact same fabric & cut.
    They make my *kitten* look like a million bucks but I got them for 20.
    And I've had them for 2 years now.
    Just sayin.

Also one time I saw a big lululemon display window that said "Children are the orgasm of life", and now I can't take that place too seriously lol. What a horrible metaphor
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    What makes Lululemon different than any other work out gear? And how do you properly even pronounce it????????? lol
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Im too cheap to fork out cash for lulu stuff.. maybe when im doing losing weight I will treat myself ?
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love their clothes but have stopped supporting them due to their involvement with the Landmark Forum. It's not a good thing to force your employees to participate in a program that is fairly widely viewed as a kind of cult movement.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    What makes Lululemon different than any other work out gear? And how do you properly even pronounce it????????? lol

Lou Lou Lemon

LOL. i guess it's been around so long here that we assume everyone knows what Lulu is.
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Drive up north to Burlington! Its worth the drive from Seattle, awesome deals!

http://www.lululemon.com/burlingtonwa/burlingtonoutlet/
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Love it! My husband buys it for me as gifts. He got me a jacket for Xmas which I absolutely love.
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    you can buy 3 pairs of cheaper pants for the same price, but they won't last near as long or look quite as great. you do get what you pay for, so I think they're worth it!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of them, but not really willing to pay that much for exercise wear. I buy Old Navy yoga pants for instant yoga butt! they are comfy and fit just fine. I think they look just fine and you can catch them on sale quite often. I stock up when they are marked down.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Love my Lulu.
    Don't have a tonne of it because it tends to be a little pricey but it's great quality clothes that work for me.
    I'd rather have one decent workout shirt that is uber comfy and sweat proof over 3 cheap quality tanks.
    (Plus, I like the way they look on me which boosts my confidence)

I've purchased a few things from Costco ... decent stuff too !
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Drive up north to Burlington! Its worth the drive from Seattle, awesome deals!

http://www.lululemon.com/burlingtonwa/burlingtonoutlet/

Thanks!!! I will tell my husband Kayla made me do it!
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey, if you want to spend the money buy it. I am cheap and I also look at it this way. Unless you are trying to pick up a date why bother wearing anything like that especially if its $90 for a pair of pants, legging's are 5 bucks at Walmart... LMAO. Once you take the expensive stuff off.. the fat is still going to be there........ ha ha ha ha
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I think it's beautiful but I cannot afford it and since I workout at home in my living room the only person I am impressing is my cat sitting watching my every move, so I usually buy my workout clothes from Target.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE LULULEMON:love:

The quality of their clothes IS flipping fantastic and worth every penny to me. I have little hesitation about spending 60 or 70 bucks on a pair of running pants that are of such high quality and come with the features that they do. Pockets for your i.d, key's and ipod's. It is beyond comfortable and you feel GOOD in their apparel. Not to mention it DOES WONDERS for your BUTT!!!!

^^^This! I also love that I can workout in them, wear them out shopping, even dress them up with a pair of pants or capris with a cute top. So versatile and so damn cute! However, I will not let Lulu take the the credit for my nice tush! :wink:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt buy anything from there until i'm closer to my goal weight. i dont need something to last me 3-4 years if i dont plan to be this size for longer than a year.

in the meantime i'm fine with old navy stuff. i've been surprised by their quality since i'm used to old navy stuff tearing after 1 wash. the workout stuff i've got from ON has lasted for awhile now and the only reason why i'm getting new stuff is because i've lost weight and the compression stuff no longer compresses