What will be your reward when you reach your goal.

Options

Replies

• gaildaras
    gaildaras Posts: 1
    Options
    That is a great goal. I just took an Army Physical Fitness test last week. Score went up 13 points and I lost 23 lbs so I didn't have to get taped. So keep working hard!
  • mnowens
    mnowens Posts: 71
    Options
    I think my rewards will come naturally. Rewards such as shopping in the "normal" sections of stores, wearing shorts in the summer without feeling like a whale, taking a hiking trip with my family without feeling slow and winded, and feeling more accepted by society and by myself.

*Edit*
    Oh, and being able to say "I lost over 100 f--ing pounds. I did that."
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Every goal I've reached, I set another one 5 lbs less. Started MFP at 278, targeting 245. Then 240, 235, 230.... I'm 228.5 today and am thinking 225 or even 220 would feel real good. I've had to buy clothes along the way and might need a new watch band as that is loose now.

My reward is knowing that anything I put my mind to is possible. Of course I'm thinking about getting my first tattoo....
  • mnowens
    mnowens Posts: 71
    Options
    My reward gets to be a physical fitness test for the police academy in 2 months. I've got 25lbs to go and 2 months of cardio/strength training to prepare for it.

Hopefully the end reward will be a new career!

Good luck!!!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I want to go back mountain climbing.
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    Before I got so big I used to buy only Victoria Secrets bra's and pantie's, now I have to go to Lane Bryant so when I hit my goal weight the first trip I make is to the mall to stock up at Victoria Secrets! I so want some sexy panties that don't come from Lane Bryant!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    A passport. I better start dropping change in the change jar now, those things are expensive!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    New wardrobe and a nice sexy phoenix tattoo on my arm to start a "sleeve". I also want to get a professional photographer and take some professional pictures.
    90lbs to go!!
  • PsychOfMSE
    Options
    My reward gets to be a physical fitness test for the police academy in 2 months. I've got 25lbs to go and 2 months of cardio/strength training to prepare for it.

Hopefully the end reward will be a new career!

Good luck!!!

Thanks! I'm awfully nervous about it, I've been in office work for the past decade and have not been physically active whatsoever. Going to be interesting :)
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hopefully new clothes, but I really will be excited if I can stop taking blood pressure meds... That alone to me if so worth it!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    No reward required, just getting down to a healthy weight, hopefully losing the meds I'm taking (htn, chol, dm2) will be reward enough for me.
  • abbyaxiom
    abbyaxiom Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm going skydiving. Always wanted to do it, but too heavy to.
  • jlmoses91
    jlmoses91 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love this kind of post! I started out at 230 which was a horrible bounce back from mono and a thyroid disorder where i bottomed at 170, I then and started this site at 216 and am now staying level at about 190. I am hoping to stay at a steady rate of 185 and a size 13 in jeans. I know this sounds like alot for some people, but I am very comfortable with my body at that size and have alot of muscle for a girl! I am hoping to ber there by winter to by cute new skinny jeans! I want a new winter wardrobe for my accomplishment :)
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to be getting new clothes and try and fight the guilt too. I'm also contemplating a tattoo, not 100% on that though.
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm with most of you in that I will get a new wardrobe. Small clothes are so much less expensive. I will also be rewarded by hopefully not having to use my CPAP machine again and no longer being on high blood pressure medicine. All of my doctors have told my I will feel much better if I lose the weight, so hope they are right or I prove them wrong and still feel like crap.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have a trip to Key West planned late September. So I plan on being in a bikini on a beach. :-) I'm not expecting to be at my goal weight by then, but I will have completed Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. So that is my reward. :-)

Once I hit my goal weight, I am thinking of another trip. I'm debating tropical or Mediterranean (hope I actually do it, I've put money aside for it)

I am also dying for a stand up paddle board. I don't have the money and I'm just itching to buy one though. Maybe I should make that a reward??
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to update my wardrobe when I lose my full 50 pounds. I'm going to go through my current one and toss anything old that doesn't fit me perfectly, or update it if it's something salvageable, but nothing is going to be staying in its current state. I also will probably shave half of my head, which is something I've wanted to do for a while but not really had the right... occasion, for it. Plus I'm currently growing my hair out for my Halloween goal — to dress as Princess Leia.
  • merry_abandon
    merry_abandon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Reward #1: A movie
    Reward #2: New haircolor/style (I've never colored my hair before, but the white hair that's been growing should be an incentive to work harder to reach this reward!)
    Reward #3 (Final Goal): A sophisticated business suit!!! I'm so pumped for this. I don't even have a job (college student), but I'm so excited anyway.
  • kallisto208
    Options
    I just hit my first major goal - finishing P90X and reaching the goal I set (262 to 240 a moderate goal for not having worked out in 5 years and having a crappy diet before that) so I'm pretty damn proud.

I had no idea what I was going to do for my reward, a meal out, new clothes, a makeover... well I decided on a new car lol
    It's more of an inadvertent reward cause the car I've had the last 8 years decided to start smoking and spewing on me during my last week of P90X so whoopie I get a new car right at the same time, perfect excuse :D lol
  • KellyC115
    KellyC115 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've Talked to my husband about my goals, and he is ok with me getting a tummy tuck when I reach my goal weight of 140. I've had 4 children ( the second was a twin pregnancy) I know my stomach will never be the same especially since I gain the bulk of my weight in my tummy anyway. I want to get it in February, a month after my 40th birthday. It will be a special year for me!