Question for the girls..

ashypoo03
ashypoo03 Posts: 49 Member
Do you girls feel a need to eat junk when your on your period?? Whenever I get mine I have a day where I eat pizza/cookies chips and then the rest of the time im eating healthy chicken , oatmeal , cucumbers , fruit etc...
Just wondering if im the only one

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    I usually get a craving for chocolate or ice cream.
  • Yes it gets really bad sometimes the week before during im not so bad
  • SVallatini
    SVallatini Posts: 49
    Heck to the YES! I am normally a healthy eater, but not so much right before.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    YES! For me though it is usually right when or after I ovulate so a couple of weeks before my period starts. It lasts about 3-4 days. That is also when I bloat up! :) Then a couple of days before my period, which is strange, I deflate, drop a couple of pounds in water/food and crave nothing.

Crazy thing is before kids, I never was like this! Or at least it was so minor I didn’t notice!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Oh yes. Some months aren't as bad as others but this past month was horrible. I wanted to consume every ounce of chocolate and sugar in my pantry, plus ice cream. Oh and salty things too. It's terrible.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    nope. my period never affected me.

birth control for the win!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    It is the only time I really CRAVE sugary type stuff. I will find myself searching the cupboards looking for something sugary. Which is the reason why I don't have sweet type stuff in my house.
  • arezou_vancouver
    arezou_vancouver Posts: 39 Member
    Yes! lots of carbs and sugars and the combination of the two!
  • EmilyT1994
    EmilyT1994 Posts: 33
    Chocolate.
    But I read that chocolate contains magnesium and you lose this when you're on so that's why you crave it.
    So don't punish yourself when you reach for the choccie bars, it's your body trying to help itself return to normal!
    XD
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    The day befor I'd kill someone for a warm brownie. Or Doritos. The rest of the month I'm fine.
  • I usually need a donut or two. Maybe a Milky Way icecream bar. I want more, but I have really long periods (day 23 and counting) so I can't give in too much. I usually give in a little though.

24615602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • _Fluff
    _Fluff Posts: 28 Member
    Being on my period kicks my willpower down to nothing. It's easy to rationalize dunking my head in a tub of ice cream when I'm in miserable pain. I mean, if I can't have vicodin, I deserve something to numb the crampy agony, right?
  • kaylurzz
    kaylurzz Posts: 121 Member
    Sometimes. I usually just want to eat EVERYTHING. Really don't get cravings haha
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    The week before is the worst for me. I have to bump up my running so I can keep on track and not eat everything in site.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    I usually need a donut or two. Maybe a Milky Way icecream bar. I want more, but I have really long periods (day 23 and counting) so I can't give in too much. I usually give in a little though.

24615602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Have you talked to your Dr. about this? This isn't normal.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Yeah, generally chocolate or ice cream. And I rare eat chocolate.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    I have really long periods (day 23 and counting)

. . . dude(tte).
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    I have mine this week, all I've been wanting is brownies and cookies! it's horrible! I just started getting on track and then flo has to come and ruin everything lol. I'm still trying to satisfy the cravings, but not as much as I used to. Dammit, not I want cookies
  • Yes. I struggle the week of it due and it always seems to be something salty or crunchy. I try to do a little exercise to help,but it doesn't seem to help. :)
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Oh yes, allI want is carbs, the urge starts about 7 days before I start, & usually lasts about 3-4 days.