Question for the girls..

Options

Replies

• half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    First, to the girl who has a 28-day period? Get some help! Go to a doctor! When I started as a 19-year-old, mine was two weeks and I was forced to get on birth control to keep it regular. I was already anemic, and that did NOT help.

That being said.. I am on birth control and I STILL get cravings. Salty. Sweet. Chocolately. Ice cream. What gym? I don't want to go to the gym! I want to eat. Eat eat eat.

Also, this has increased since I've started working out. Before I didn't notice it as much, because I didn't care what I ate. Now that I'm watching what I eat and I know I can't have just everything that I want, it's sooo painful not to just give in.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, but when that happens, I go for fruits and it dark chocolate. Birth control helps me with everything that sucks about periods. Lol
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    The day befor I'd kill someone for a warm brownie. Or Doritos. The rest of the month I'm fine.

I'm with you, give me doritos and brownies, but if you touch them, I'll chop off your fingers!! My family knows when it's that time because I bring home loads of jump food! lol
  • addinorm
    addinorm Posts: 3
    Options
    I totally crave chocolate and usually for one or two days!
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    sweets
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Do you girls feel a need to eat junk when your on your period?? Whenever I get mine I have a day where I eat pizza/cookies chips and then the rest of the time im eating healthy chicken , oatmeal , cucumbers , fruit etc...
    Just wondering if im the only one
    CHIPS and PIZZA! Yeah and it never gets easier.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Yes - I usually want chocolate, chips, or a hamburger

But - I don't use TOM as an excuse to eat like crap. I work out and earn that chocolate.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    YES!!! and my hubby thinks I am NUTS!! I keep the Betty Crocker Warm Delights microwave cakes and brownies on hand!!!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Chocolate! Really my appetite increases during that time. Hormones I guess.
  • jlmoses91
    jlmoses91 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes! I always crave sherbert on mine! My sister says that the first day of your period when you are really hungry just to suffer through then for the rest of the week you wont be craving and wanting stuff all of the time. It does work...if you can make it through the first day! Whenever I want sweets really bad I try to drink a bunch of water then eat fruit. It doesnt always work, but it helps :)
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Yep... although sometimes it takes me a day or two to realize what's going on....
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Nope no cravings during my time.
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My craving is Mc Donalds Fries and Mexican, but luckily I haven't had a real period in almost a year now :)
  • susiesweets
    Options
    From sweet to salty to sweet again in no time flat. Especially warm chocolate chip cookies out of the oven :) or home made bacon cheeseburger pizza ... soooo hungry! (not really but drooling thinking about it) :flowerforyou:
  • jenorozco79
    Options
    The cravings usually come a few days before. I need something cheesy, or creamy, or chocolate-y to get through the day(s).
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I tend to like fatty things a little bit before my period, but it's not much of a big deal. I don't really get any intense cravings during my period, really.
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I crave chocolate and salt when I have mine. I just "gotta" have it! :))
  • mjswalters
    mjswalters Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't crave any one thing, but I find myself very munchy. I want to eat and eat and eat and I don't really care what it is. Worse, my energy level drops to the floor making the gym basically impossible (last time I tried to "power through", I ended up on a chair with my head between my knees to stop the room from spinning). I'm glad it usually only lasts a day or two (the symptoms, not the period).
  • ksaguilar
    ksaguilar Posts: 2
    Options
    Costco has dark chocolate covered pomegranate. (Reminds me of chocolate covered raisins). Lots of antioxidants and a few take care of the cravings.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I really do not have a specific craving. It varies really. I am hungry ALL THE TIME during my period and that really sucks. I get myself busy with other projects to distract myself, but then I realize I have skipped a time I should have eaten and find it hard to keep the calorie intake above 1200 because I am so afraid of going over my 1600. Crazy, right!