how much weight have you lost ??

Options
hey guys i just started on tuesday dieting and running in the morning , im doing pretty good but temptation is always on my mind. im hoping i could lose some wight and get toned by november
whats your goal? and how much have you lost and how ?
friends are welcome :)

Replies

• PrincessCelestia
    PrincessCelestia Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Not enough.
  • LaurieLynnMiller
    Options
    Hey everyone. I started my weight loss January 3rd (but who's keeping track, right?), and I've lost 74 lbs to date. I have another 70-75 lbs I'd like to lose. My fitness pal has been an amazing help to me. I've lost weight before (100 lbs in my early teens, 80 lbs in my late teens/early 20's and another 80 in my late 20's) but never been able to keep it off long-term. Now, I'm about to turn 39 and I think I've finally got the hang of this thing! ; )
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    22 lbs so far, about 30 or so to go.
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ive lost over 40 pounds using the science side of MFP

calories in and calories out

do some cardio and strength training

the first pounds are easiest

keep it up and welcome!
  • verofer5
    verofer5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone i lost 45 lbs this last year on my own and have hit a plateau, trying to do something diff to shock the body. Any ideas? i just found this site last week lost 2 lbs but waiting to lose 2 more to get under my plateau!
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have lost 14.8 lbs, but haven't broke 15 which I really want, lol. I am aiming for healthy looking, not thin. My BMI tells me I should weigh104 to 145, so I am aiming for 145, but I have to say I will be ecstatic at 160. I have been working hard since May. This site keeps me honest and I know what foods work for me and what food do not. My starting weight last January was 201. I got down to 178 and gained 18 back. I did adkins to lose that. Now I just monitor food and work out 6 days a week. And I am smaller now at 182 than I was at 178. I think I finally figured it out. I eat whatever I want once a week, but the rest of the week I eat mainly healthy, lots of salads, fresh fruits and veggies, and lean meat on the grill.
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I lost 80lbs from December to April, mainly by cutting portions in half and eating more veggies and cutting carb intake in half. Also, I started working again in December and that helped me cause I wasn't siting in my butt as much and working out. Then in April found out I was preg and I had to quit working out (very high risk pregnancy) and of course I started giving into craving and the ohh well I'm eating for two thing. On May 19th I suffered my 6th miscarriage. About a month ago I decided I needed to lose the 10lbs I gained during my pregnancy and the other 100lbs I need to lose. I heard about MFP and I am down 18lbs since starting a month ago. Counting my calories has really helped and working out more. I am determined to get this weight off. Feel free to add me! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I started trying to lose weight july of last year and my goal is 201 pounds i want to lose i have lost 104 so far
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    88 lbs so far and about 31 more to go (More or less)
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I've lost just under 27 lbs since I started on MFP. I've lost 38 lbs since the end of January. Overall, I've lost 180 lbs, though, from my highest weight of 334 lbs.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    10lbs since June 17. I've only been a member here since the 5th of this month. Moderation is the key. Stick to your nutritional goals and force yourself to exercise at least 3x/week. Peek at people's food journals, and read posts for new ideas and support. I love this place!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    28lb lost since April 1st :smile: (12.8kg)
    I have about 25kg to go.. or 40lb.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Well, it started when I got rid of my ex-wife. That was about 109 pounds of pure dead weight.

After that, I lost 51 lbs via eating better, cardio and weight lifitng and minimizing crappy days.

And now I'm working on 50 more (maybe a little more or less depending how body composition ends up).
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 calories a day. I exercise 5 or six days a week, lift 3 days a week. I don't eat my exercise calories back. The staples of my plan are, Turkey, multi grain bread, fiber cereal, laughing cow cheese, yogurt and granola bars. My only criteria is Fiber, Protein and water.
    DO WHATEVER YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH AND CAN SUSTAIN!!!

Hi,

After six months, Started on Jan 1, 2012 at 340lbs CW 233lbs 107 lbs lost

Went from 48 % BF to 29 % BF

Jan. lost 29 ibs

Feb. lost 15 lbs

March lost 19 lbs

April 15

May 16 lbs

June 13 lbs
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    My goal is to be healthy and be fit and keep it up until the day I die. It is all part of being the best person I can be for myself and also for my family.

I've lost 23 kilos (50lbs) in 11 months by simply making better food choices, I like to exercise so that I will look as good as I feel.
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm basically at half of my highest weight!

easiest and best thing I have ever done!

I put my mind to it by using some of the same psychology I used for quitting smoking and don't ever see myself going back to either being fat or smoking, ever...

2348150_1892.jpg
    2348150_2938.jpg
    2348150_3566.jpg
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    58lbs. in maintain mode right now but need to lose 15-20more
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    24 pounds in 2 months and 12 days.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I hit GOAL!!! 35 pounds GONE!

With Thanks to:
    MFP - logging, FRIENDS and motivation
    AND
    C25K - I am a runner and loving it!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    32 pounds so far. take an honest "before" pic now--after 32 pounds, i wish i did. about 13 more to go.