I feel like I completely failed today!

Options
So my breakfast and lunch was healthy and great as usual but then dinner came around and I ended up having sesame chicken from a chinese place and this oreo cheescake desert cup thing and I stayed under my calorie goal but went over on certain things and I feel like tomorrow if I don't double my workout and BURN BURN BURN thee last three days I have been on here and doing well are going to go to waste!

Replies

• reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    You didn't fail today! Staying under calorie goal is GREAT! And even if you don't double your workout tomorrow, it doesn't negate the work you've already done. Just keep pushing forward!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    i ate 1/2 of a medium pizza. but i was able to stay under my goal for the day. don' t beat yourself up over it. Tomorrow is a new day and you get to try again. why would you want to double up on workouts? you were still at a deficit, doesn't seem like you need to.
  • ericcanute
    ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The stuff just seemed like it is all fatty though and I went over on sodium and sugars! I guess I will have to swim tomorrow...
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Oh, I think I did worse than you today... sushi, cake, iced cream sandwiches... skipped the gym... I'm terrified to even log mine, so I haven't.

But I *do* know that tomorrow is another day... & today's mistakes will stick in my head, believe me!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Number 1, you're still here. That's a great step toward success. Number 2, you ate healthy most of the day. Again good! Number 3, even though you messed up on some targets, you managed to achieve others. No one's perfect. You will have days and meals that aren't. That's ok. Just increase the number of times you are on target, and you'll get there. One meal cannot wreck your plan (unless that meal goes on for over 24 hours). Good luck!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    dont eat tommorow and you will be fine after that

Are you KIDDING ME?! What are you, pro-anorexia!? Screwing up one day then deciding to starve yourself in an unhealthy fashion the next day will succeed in NOTHING but making you sick! Do NOT listen to this user's post!
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, and I'm trying to get over it! Hang in there!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Please don't listen to the above...just remember the key word is moderation. Try your best to keep to your intake goals and stay active. I'm sure that swim wouldn't hurt a bit.

BTW: I've killed my sodium intake for today and I'm bloated tonight and paying for it. Oh well...tomorrow is a new day!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Please stop trolling on all the threads....some people actually need that extra push and motivation here.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Please stop trolling on all the threads....some people actually need that extra push and motivation here.

Well said...I second that thought.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    You stayed within your calorie goal so you didn't fail. Tomorrow is another day, don't sweat it. It's a lifestyle change, you won't sustain it if you don't enjoy it. Over time you will get the macros tweaked.
  • ginnyruth
    ginnyruth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I slid back today, too. But you know what? One step back won't defeat us. We can get up and make it happen. Don't lose hope!
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ah, I messed up today, too. Shoulda had a 6" instead of a 12" sub, but I was starving, and I enjoyed it. LOL

Tomorrow is a new day. It's all good! Don't beat yourself up!
  • ghjklo9
    ghjklo9 Posts: 57
    Options
    you didnt completely fail bro, it happens to everybody. dont beat yourself up. this whole thing is a learning process. its cool.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    The stuff just seemed like it is all fatty though and I went over on sodium and sugars! I guess I will have to swim tomorrow...

Eating well needs to be the norm, not an imposition. Working out also needs to be the norm, not punishment.

When you refer to food and exercise in the context of bad or punishment, or guilt, or must do.....you're mindset is off and it's very likely that you will gain back your weight down the road.

Focus on how you perceive and interpret food and exercise.
  • Robin_Bin
    Options
    Unless you have specific health issues, going over on sodium and sugar occasionally is not a big deal.
  • Robin_Bin
    Options
    Eating well needs to be the norm, not an imposition. Working out also needs to be the norm, not punishment.

When you refer to food and exercise in the context of bad or punishment, or guilt, or must do.....you're mindset is off and it's very likely that you will gain back your weight down the road.

Focus on how you perceive and interpret food and exercise.

Important points. Well put. Thank you, Phaedra2013!
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You only FAIL if you GIVE UP!!! I have Choc Cake almost every night, as long as it is within my cal goal!! BTW, MFP has the sugar macro set REALLY low.... Most people go over every day, just by eating a couple pcs of fruit!
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options

Just make sure you drink a lot of water and make sure to sweat it out ;) there goes all that Sodium. :) Definitely, if you beat yourself up one day you may become discouraged the next. Stay positive and know that tomorrow is a new day.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    You didn't fail. Everybody is going to have those days where you cave to temptation. I have a wicked sweet-tooth and it kicks me in the rear too often. But I just keep plugging away, try to make better choices and keep with my exercise routine. Besides, if caving in a little on your diet is the worst thing you ever do... bravo.