Opinion on Stretch Marks

Options
So I recently gave birth to my first baby about 4 months ago. Now that summers here and Im starting to really see some improvement in my body I am getting alot more confidence. The only thing I have on my mind now are the dreaded STRETCH MARKS I got from being pregnant. They are honestly not that bad and I dont have all this loose skin or anything but Im just curious if people really care about stretch marks. My husband says that as long as you have a nice healthy body then men dont worry about stretch marks but I cant help to think hes only saying that to make me feel better. So what do YOU think?! I have yet to see one picture posted of someone in shape with stretch marks and being content. If they are out there I would LOVE to see some! Thanks!

[img]http://www.photobucket.com/albums/jj530/laceyrcaldwell/2012-07-14061922.jpg img][/img]

Replies

• b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I have never cared about stretch marks. You've got them, many of us do. Besides, you got them from child-birth... they're trophies.
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    Don't sweat the stretch marks... Damn near every woman who's been pregnant or heavy has them in spots. Just be confident in yourself!
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You got them from your child! I have them and I show them off. I have 2 beautiful boys to show for and they are far more important then my stretch marks.
  • LaceyCwell
    LaceyCwell Posts: 45
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your fast responses! Do any of you know how to post a photo to the topic?
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have never cared about stretch marks. You've got them, many of us do. Besides, you got them from child-birth... they're trophies.

good answer...
  • LaceyCwell
    LaceyCwell Posts: 45
    Options

good answer...

That was a good answer, ecspecially from a man! Lol
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    my best friend had a child and she is skinny with stretch marks all over. but let me tell u, all the guys have crushes on her even when shes wearing a bikini. so from 3rd person experience, guys dont care :) flaunt what u got!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've got stretchmarks. I don't care about them. They're like my battle scars! Hahaha.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    add
    before your photo link and afterwards
    or is it [\img] can't remember the direction of the slash, but it will work, one way or the other..make sure they are lower case
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My stretch marks piss me off - but not as much as all the surgery scars on my tummy - my stomach looks like a road map. "Trophies" or not... none of it makes me very happy.
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    i think your husband is telling the truth.

i'm 20, i have stretch marks on my hips and they are huge. my friend once asked me "holy ****, how'd you get that huge scar!"
    i don't have children, its just from gaining weight, and puberty of course lol

But, my guy friends say that it honestly doesn't matter as long as you have a nice body. and these boys are my best friends , we're dead honest with each other.

Also just think of "Body Bounce" by Kardinal Offishall

"That's the body of the century,
    You a little insecure but baby you got plenty,
    Them stretch marks on your hips is just bungie cords bringin' you back when you dip"

he even makes stretch marks a sex symbol.

Read more: KARDINAL OFFISHALL - BODY BOUNCE LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/body-bounce-lyrics-kardinal-offishall.html#ixzz20ZGpnHxC
    Copied from MetroLyrics.com
  • PaulaAW
    PaulaAW Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Rosehip oil is very good for stretch marks.
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I could care less about mine. As long as I look good, I will wear them with pride. My body worked hard for them!!
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    I have scars upon scars upon scars and all those are on top of stretch marks. I am very confident though, I haven't had children yet so I know more will be coming eventually. I really don't mind. I have a supportive bf who knows all that I've been through and think I am beautiful because of all the stuff I've been though. I really should put a pic up of my body now, but I'm waiting for that. You just have to know that even models have these 'imperfections", they just get airbrushed and photo shopped ;)
  • DragonRoar
    Options
    My girl is my tiger. Bad kitty! tiger-stripes-edited.jpg
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    My girl is my tiger. Bad kitty! tiger-stripes-edited.jpg

Love this!! :-)
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I have them lightly on the back of my legs, and I don't care anymore. My legs are getting more and more toned. I also noticed them more when I started losing weight....
  • laulyn
    laulyn Posts: 70
    Options

I agree! Reframe how you look at your stretch marks, I have. They are your trophies, wear them proudly!
  • laulyn
    laulyn Posts: 70
    Options
    i think your husband is telling the truth.

i'm 20, i have stretch marks on my hips and they are huge. my friend once asked me "holy ****, how'd you get that huge scar!"
    i don't have children, its just from gaining weight, and puberty of course lol

But, my guy friends say that it honestly doesn't matter as long as you have a nice body. and these boys are my best friends , we're dead honest with each other.

Also just think of "Body Bounce" by Kardinal Offishall

"That's the body of the century,
    You a little insecure but baby you got plenty,
    Them stretch marks on your hips is just bungie cords bringin' you back when you dip"

he even makes stretch marks a sex symbol.

Read more: KARDINAL OFFISHALL - BODY BOUNCE LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/body-bounce-lyrics-kardinal-offishall.html#ixzz20ZGpnHxC
    Copied from MetroLyrics.com

Love it! Thanks for that! I have always wondered if they would glow under a black light, lol.